Make sure your Gear is on, and open the app "Galaxy Wearable" on your Samsung phone. Enter "komoot Gear" into the search, and install the extension when it is displayed. Open the extension app on your phone. It is called "Komoot Gear extension". Slide the toggle next to "Gear Connection" to "On".
Now start a navigation or recording on your phone or in the app. Make sure the navigation instructions in the komoot app on your phone are set to "notifications". You can check that by tapping on the bell icon at the bottom of the map once you have started the tour. The turn-by-turn instructions and vibrations will then arrive on your Gear.
When I try to use the komoot app on my watch, I only see a green, pulsating dot
We used to offer an app called komoot Connect app in the Google Play Store. Please make sure this is not installed on your phone. It doesn't have anything to do with the gear app and may cause problems here. We also don't offer it anymore for other Bluetooth devices such as some bike computers we support, as we moved the connection into our app settings.
- Now open the komoot app on your phone/tablet
- Restart your Gear or abort the connection between Gear and device and make sure to connect again
- Handy/Tablet und verbinde sie neu. Die Verbindung sollte nun hergestellt werden.
- If that's not the case, make sure you set the connection is set as described above as well as that the notification settings are correct
- Start the navigation on your phone - you should now see the instructions on the device.
I don't have a Samsung phone and cannot find the Gear extension
Due to Samsung's system layout, our companion app is currently only usable in combination with Samsung devices. You can find more details in this table.