English | Deutsch

Ideas

Do you have suggestions to help us make komoot even better? Please use the search to check whether your idea has already been posted. You can then vote for it!

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Navigation screen : distance and elevation to next waypoint

Hello,

I am currently planning a tour including several alpine passes. I use waypoints to mark high and low spots on the tour.

A grat feature in navigation screen would be to see distance and elevation to the next waypoint, and not only to the end of the tour.

Sorry for my poor english. Does it make sense? or did i miss this feature if it already exists?

Komoot is great, i started using it not long ago, but turn to turn and maps are great !

Cheers,

Stephan

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add next junction / action to voiceover

The current voice navigation tells you something like "follow this way for x meters". I would like to know what happens after x meters.
    It would be awesome if it could say something like:
    "follow this way for x meters and then turn right" So I can look out for a junction or a path. Especially if you are in the forrest and the paths are not so obvious the voice navigation sometimes is to late so it would be awesome to know the next step in advance

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Gabriel

thanks a lot for this interesting idea!

We’ll see what we can do to implement it. Should there be any plans here, we’ll post a respective update.

Please mind that we are unable to give you exact dates here. If you have entered the idea or voted vor it, you’ll be informed via mail as soon as we have updated the status here.

Best regards
    Daniela

3. It would be really good to have a reverse route switch as well as the plan similiar route that's already there.

It would be really good to have a reverse route switch as well as the plan similiar route that's already there.

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Show map preview and tour summary in Facebook posts

When I share my tour on facebook it is shared with the komoot service description and:
    – tour type icon (e.g. bicycle) if I didn't take any photos
    or
    – one of the photos I took, which I can select form a subset of the photos

I would like the post to include some kind of tour summary (e.g. biked 30km in 2 hours) and a preview of the tour on the map – that will be more informative for my facebook friends.
    On the other hand, photo as the post preview is a nice feature too – maybe this…

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello everyone

We’ll see what we can do to implement it. Should there be any plans here, we’ll post a respective update.

Please mind that we are unable to give you exact dates here. If you have entered the idea or voted vor it, you’ll be informed via mail as soon as we have updated the status here.

Best regards
    Daniela

5. Add an “avoid gravel road” tick box for road bike plans

I love the app and I recommend to all my road cycling friends. But...

It happened to me a couple of times that I had to improvise a re-planning on-the-go because of roadworks or bad weather.

And every time I ended up facing gravel roads or off-road paths, that cannot be ridden with a road bike (let alone walk them with the keo grip cleats and the bike on your shoulder). So I had to second guess every Komoot navigation suggestion and improvise a lot.

It would be very handy to have an option to exclude entirely gravel roads (or…

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. routes collection

It will be beatyful to have the possibility to organize / group the planned routes by collections (or by folders)
    To recognise immediately the type of route to use.
    I have something like 56 routes in my dashboard and i ahve some difficulty to search the route to use with the app and inside the dashboard.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Skip describing and uploading of picture until after tour

I'd like to be able to take pictures from the app but skip the description and uploading part.

I guess this is related to
    http://help.komoot.de/forums/213895-ideas/suggestions/4289901-upload-tours-pictures-only-with-wifi-connection

Though the saving of network traffic is one reason for this, I'm more annoyed by the time aspect. I usually go road biking in a group and am glad when I'm able to even take a picture. Then I might want to take a second picture but can't until I've uploaded the first.
    I can avoid this by using my own camera app, but when I'm recording on komoot, this app is already open and…

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Rea

Best regards
    Daniela

8. Develop Komoot watch face for Gear S3

Develop watch face for Gear S3 with key metrics: speed/pace, Aug speed/pace, distance, time, split time of day, HR, altitude, etc. You can have a watch face always on with the Gear S3. Data could sill come from Android app. Stand alone app would be even better but a watch face would be awesome.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Heads up navigation option in keeping with most auto devices as opposed to North up.

With the limited screen display area on many Smartphones navigating a route could be made much easier if there was an app setting of 'heads up' or, in other words, the map automatically rotates so that the followed route is always displayed in the South to North orientation. This is the standard setting in almost all automobile navigation devices and makes following a route so much easier.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. s3 gear app for non samsung phones

on non samsung phones, komoot is not available in the galaxy store app for S3 gear. Despite being promised a while ago, it is still not there. As for now, komoot is the only app for S3 gear able to work with gpx files, so we not-samsung-phone owners really need it!!!

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. display altituted using phones built in alt/baro meter

many phones have altimeters and barometers installed. It would be great if you can show altitude in real time using a phones built in alt/baro meter

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Update offline maps all in once with a simple click

Hello, I thought I already posted that idea but couldn't find it... maybe was it in a mail. Well this is my idea, as I travel a lot I usually have about 10 different maps stored for offline use from my country or region I visit for work. When updates are available, it would be great to have a button to update all, just one click to do and let the magic happen.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Main roads

Dear,

while planning a round trip for Roadbike, I see that many roads that are used are the bigger ones:
    http://users.skynet.be/fa001685/Steenwe1.jpg

and not the nicer - no traffic roads:
    https://www.mozaiekreizen.nl/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/3-Praag-Wenen-Onderweg-kleur.jpg

Also, would it be difficult, to include an option to generate a roundtrip when distance and type of sport is given?

many thanks, Johan

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Show all tours completed by people I am following in single map view

Option to see all tours completed by people I am following shown on the map view.

Goal finding new tours to complete.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Discover: Filter tours by distance / elevation

I'd like to filter tours on path length and altitude difference in the discover tab, e.g. "get all hiking tours > 25km and < 35km with at least 1200Hm

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello

Best regards
    Daniela

16. Better integration with Gear S3

App is great but Gear S3 is limited. Should have one screen with key data.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Route editing option

It would be ideal to Have an option for setting minimum/maximum grade. For example check out amarpai.com ! You can select a maximum grade and so it will create an alternate route that may be longer, but within the boundaries of steepness that one prefers!

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Hands-free cycling mode on Gear S2

I want to be able to see a rotating summary of trip info at a glance on my smart watch whilst I am still cycling so that I don't have to stop or use my free hand to press any buttons which is dangerous.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Kimchioo,

thank you very much for your idea! We will try to take it into consideration for further updates of the gear app.

I cannot at the moment give you a precise date as to when that will be the case, but we will keep you posted via email here.

Best regards
    Daniela

19. Please add Canada as a downloadable region!

You have many users in Canada and your source maps are definitely available in Canada, so why is it not available?

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Louder voice navigation

Hi,
    Could you please increase voice volume, or even better let user choice volume on the app. I cycle with music, but if I keep music low then I can't hear the voice navigation.
    Google maps are louder and they have it at the right level.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base