English | Deutsch

Ideas

Do you have suggestions to help us make komoot even better? Please use the search to check whether your idea has already been posted. You can then vote for it!

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Heart rate monitors

Most of the sports monitoring apps already support Bluetooth heart rate monitors. It would be great if Komoot do it as well.

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Display all planned tours on one map

For those who ride with their bicycle it would be an asset to see an overview on one map instead of having to check every tour separately. Choosing the next tour would be much easier.

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. GPX route with current position on Samsung Gear S3

Hi I bought all the maps from You just for one goal - to see .gpx route on my Samsung Gear S3 watches. I installed Your app on my Sams. Note 4 and also on watches. Unf. I do not need voice guidance (not found how to switch it off) and on my watches I do not want navigation but MY POSITION AND GPX ROUTE ofcourse even incl. map highly appreciated!! I red lot of other use´s wishes and the same goal have plenty of them worldwide. Pls try to make it working!! Thnks Jiri

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Please fix map elevation data

There is a "big hole" in the map elevation data (50km square) - region on the border of the Czech Republic, Poland and Slovakia.
    https://www.komoot.com/tour/15433114

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Synchronize/import from Strava

I keep all my activities on Strava. I would like to contribute to Komoot, but I am not willing to upload the activities manually. A possibility to Sync activities from Strava, either automatically or at use request would be great.

This is similar to http://help.komoot.de/forums/213895-ideas/suggestions/16028692-enable-upload-of-completed-tours-activities-to-s , but in the reverse direction.

Actually the synchronization should be possible to implement as an external utility, given both Strava and Komoot have the necessary API.

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Actual activity time option on mobile app

When I'm on holiday, I'm mobile and for planning / reviewing old hikes, I would also like to see the actual activity time. Moving time alone is not enough! While Komoot is an advanced planning tool, this simple feature on mobile is a must have! Please make this available in the same way as it is on the website. (including video recap and other places where timing comes up)

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Battery saving mode

In order to save the battery I shut down the display of the phone and I hear the guidance voice but I don't see the graphical indication on the map. It would be great if the display is on when an indication is given by the voice and then, it goes off . sometimes there are several km till the next turning point, so no need to have the display on, only if I want too. Therefore I propose a battery saving mode which shut down the display and put it on.

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add voice commands/beeps to Apple Watch navigation

Sometimes the vibrations alerting you about the change of direction are very subtle on the hand. Is it possible to get also beeps or voice commands, which are available on the phone? Normally I have the iPhone in the bag, off of my eyes, riding just with watches on my left hand.

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Bohdik

thanks a lot for this interesting idea!

We’ll see what we can do to implement it. Should there be any plans here, we’ll post a respective update.

Please mind that we are unable to give you exact dates here. If you have entered the idea or voted vor it, you’ll be informed via mail as soon as we have updated the status here.

Best regards
    Daniela

10. Photo position based on time and date

When I upload a GPX and then the photos/pictures taken with my camera, photos are not positioned (they don't have any information related to GPS). But photos have date and time and it would be really useful to position photos using its date and time with GPX trace.

Thanks

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Show highest recorded speed in a completed tour

It would be very nice for the app to show the highest speed reached while cycling, I often try to beat my speed record on a mountain descent.
    Thank you :)

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. More Zoom and optiinal font size

My request is to give more zoom level and an option to increase font size.I have seious issues to identify and read details outdoor on the Android app on an S6 edge.
    The available zoom is just not sufficient for me to identify complex forks. It does not help than the font size of road names etc. is not readable for me with contact lenses if beeing outdoor.
    So the key feature of orientation is spoiled if you have not perfect view with good conditions. That isf frustrating and bit discriminating.
    Why not just enable more zoom, should be a…

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Offline maps without planning

Let's have offline maps without planning. Sometimes you want choose your own route or a trail not on Komoot maps.

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello David,

in most regions, that is already possible (all of Europe except for Iceland, the USA and New Zealand for instance).

We have some countries in which we are currently not able to offer regions, which is why we enable you to download planned Tours in that case.

Best regards
    Daniela

14. Does Komoot support BT speed/cadence detectors

Does the Komoot iOS app support any BT speed/cadence sensors or does it rely only on GPS, which is a battery suck....

Thanks

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Reroute learning

Oftentimes I veer off route if I see a more interesting or better surfaced way. Rerouting is very helpful in these situations, however when it tells me to make a U-turn 5-6 times over it gets a bit annoying.

Perhaps when I've been prompted to U-turn twice, assume the third time I really don't want to go that way!

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Intuitive Highlights / Add Highlight during a Tour

This feature already exists in the app, but I think it can be improved and made more intuitive.

I think it makes more sense for users to create highlights while on a tour (the same way they add a photo of something they like) and not after the 'wow!' experience has passed.

After the tour is a moment most suited to edit and polish the highlights.

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello everyone,

thank you very much for the interesting idea!

Once you have reached “expert” status in our pioneer program (https://www.komoot.com/pioneers), you can now add Highlights directly during your Tour. WE enable you to create Highlights from pictures you too or create Highlights and then directly add photos to them. All you need to do is tap the star icon in the recording/navigation screen of the Android app. The feature will soon come in the iOS app as well!

Best regards
    Daniela

17. Samsung

Please allow is to sync our activities to and from Samsung health

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Let user to decide if Auto-Pause should be enabled or not

Each user should decide if the recorded track will include the pause or not, giving a more realistic overall time of the tour that could make the difference in terms of security, expecially for long hiking (sunlight, weather conditions, food to carry, etc.). Generally, for 1 day-tour, I look at the duration as one of primary factor to decide if make or not the tour (expecially in fall/winter season or with unstable weather forecast). Then, on the uploaded tour it should be highlighted if the Auto-Pause setting was enabled or not. Generally, as a workaround, I export GPX from Komoot…

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. advanced root planning

Guys, amazing work!
    What would be interesting for me, is kind of advanced route planning. This would be especially valid for planning and pre-planing long routes. E.g. I plan to go from Geneva (Switzerland) to Krakow (Poland), around 1500km. There are so many possible roads to take, and I would like to plan it quickly, but at the same time profit from the trip. Hence, on top of selecting the road bike (as opposed to a mountain bike), I would like to give some hints to Komoot, so it schedules the route more along my preferences. E.g.:
    1. Plan the…

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add country priority in place search / Show addresses in your country first

Have a country priority. If I am in Switzerland, I want location in Switzerland proposed first. There should be a text box for the country in which I want to plan a tour.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello everyone

thanks a lot for this interesting idea!

We’ll see what we can do to implement it. Should there be any plans here, we’ll post a respective update.

Please mind that we are unable to give you exact dates here. If you have entered the idea or voted vor it, you’ll be informed via mail as soon as we have updated the status here.

Best regards
    Daniela

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base