English | Deutsch

Ideas

Do you have suggestions to help us make komoot even better? Please use the search to check whether your idea has already been posted. You can then vote for it!

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Regions

Hello Dear Support!

First let me say that komoot works quite wonderful!
    But:
    When trying to download all of brandenburg (yes, all of it) I struggled before.
    Now I have a new device and would be interested why:
    A: There is no possibility to download all of Brandenburg and
    B: If there is a region called Ost-Brandenburg why I can't find Süd, Nord und West?

As it stands its a pain to download regions involving guesswork and headscratching.
    I mainly navigate with gpx files on an etrex device but if stuff goes not to plan or plans change I want…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Magellan/Mio 505 Compatibility?

I was just wondering as to how compatibile the Komoot app is with the Mio/Magellan 505 bike computer? I looked at the list, but it was not listed anywhere...

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Posting a suggestion from within an app

Why must I log in with my email and password when I try to post a suggestion from within the komoot app on my iPhone when I am already logged into my account on the app? It seems a bit pointless and unnecessary.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. All english map

The language of the map changes depending on the area you are looking at. For example, I can't recognise what country Iran is as it is in Persian.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. fix the bug

There has been a change. I have now repeatedly deleted tours, only to find that they have returned after I log in again.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Region - Country map download

With every other gps navigation app i have, there is the ability to download countries / continents with one click. Downloading the UK is going to be a nightmare. If you can't sort this, i want a refund!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Refund

I have used this app on 3 occasion to assit me touring, on 1 occasion it wanted me to cycle through a field full of crops, on the 2nd occasion it wanted me to ride 60 mile on a ride that google had mapped at 28miles, also it zaps my battery power... all in all its a waste of money, please refund.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Rework text notifications

I suggest slight changes in text notifications used for navigation.

1. "Follow this way" could be changed to "Follow this way for X km". If the cyclists knows it is straight on for e.g. 8 km, then they can focus more on enjoying the ride, than navigating. This could also be repeated/updated every kilometer, or so.

2. When a command is issued, type the most important command (LEFT / RIGHT / STRAIGHT / U-TURN) in capital letters. That would allow the cyclist to get the most important part quickly, if the screen text is poorly visible.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Units settings when shared & shared tours ease of viewing

1 ) When I "share" my tours they are shared in Meters even when my profile settings indicate "Miles" as my "units" setting......this does not make sense.

2) I would also like to see my "shared" tours NOT display a huge Komoot splash screen advertisement prior to scrolling down to see my tours - this is VERY confusing for the recipients of my shared tours. I recommend making it easier to access / see my tour prior to being "advertised" to.....let the tour information, structure, and ease of viewing be the ad for Komoot!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Round trip taking in account the direction of the wind

It would be a nice feature if when I make a round trip, the direction of the wind was taking in account. I think it can be possible using the data for example windy.com uses.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Why dos komoot change my route when i uploade it.?

HI,

Why do komoot change my route every time i try to uploade mt MTB tracks. Look at the picture. The route is the red. but it keep change the route to the blue one, witch is NOT the track. Please help..

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Upload planned routes

If not already available, it would be nice to upload a planned route, just in case you get hurt or lost. Then others will know where to start looking for you.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Correct this short segment of road

Dear Staff of Komoot

This short message to inform you that during my last route planning I encountered an error on a road near my home.

The name of the village is Cassano Magnago (Varese, Lombardy). The traffic routier occurs in both directions and as you can see in the enclosed image file, the route planner makes an error taking another direction

Is it possible to solve this route problem?

Thanks a lot

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Correct directions

I, on this morning I do a 20 km your for a app test porpose, and the app send me to a IC road ? If I rolling on a national road I can't go to IC road, this is need improvement.
    Another thing I sugest is the possibility to re-arrange the route on moving by press the route line and drop on the road we wanted.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Better map for non traffic non paved routes

Komoot has black lines for forest paths and country lanes, the difference is huge..Maps.me app has broken lines for off road trails /unpaved routes on its maps.. But it can not easily use them. Its GPS navigation while cycling is far superior to komoot, and its maps are nice to look at as you can see the trails... While trying to make a 60km off road route on komoot I need to spend hours on Google earth to see if its a dirt track or country lane...what started in the forest didn't actually finish on unpaved roads as I had…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I would like to use a layer over the map

I need to show a personal layer, kml file, over the map to plan my route. Is this possible? Could that be possible in the future?
    I would like to switch to Komoot but this is realy a feature I use 90% of the time.
    Great site.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Pace stats to be made audible, on user defined intervals (time or distance).

It would be great to hear audible notifications of your pace statistics so that the display doesn't need to be viewed. The feature could be enabled for both recorded activities, as well as turn-by-turn navigation modes. The intervals could be user-defined by distance travelled, or by unit of time.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add KML import and export

KML is used by Google Earth and Google My Maps so it is a useful format to support. Also support for CSV and GeoJSON would be great.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. lock map during navigation - a "follow route" navigation style

I do MTB rides and I use the navigation but not the turn by turn instructions. They are not so useful on small trails for many, many turns. I often keep the screen off, while recording my journey, only checking the map from time to time. This also saves battery.

For my purpose I would like to have the map displayed with the north always towards the top of the phone. That's how one tend to use paper maps. Currently it is possible to lock it in this mode, but everytime a new turn by turn navigation pops up, the…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base