English | Deutsch

Ideas

Do you have suggestions to help us make komoot even better? Please use the search to check whether your idea has already been posted. You can then vote for it!

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Bulk import of GPX files

I would like to be able to drag and drop a whole bunch of older GPX files onto a web page so they can all be imported into Komoot.

Obviously the names of the routes should use the name from inside the XML file and the filename is that's not available.

52 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello kiwiant

thanks a lot for this interesting idea!

We’ll see what we can do to implement it. Should there be any plans here, we’ll post a respective update.

Please mind that we are unable to give you exact dates here. If you have entered the idea or voted vor it, you’ll be informed via mail as soon as we have updated the status here.

Best regards
    Daniela

2. Order Tours by difficulty / stamina

It would be great to have in the app and in the site the option to classify each tour by inputing difficulty, stamina, panorama, and others marks and link all of them outputing automatically one of the 3 category by difficulty (blu, red or black). 

It would be also good to order my tours in the app by different catagory (date, duration, etc.) like it happens in the site and have at least one small icon (or if the picture is not available the map of the track) as a tag/cover for each line of the result to help identify…

50 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello everyone

We’ll see what we can do to implement it. Should there be any plans here, we’ll post a respective update.

Please mind that we are unable to give you exact dates here. If you have entered the idea or voted vor it, you’ll be informed via mail as soon as we have updated the status here.

Best regards
    Daniela

3. Allow map language to be changed

From my limited knowledge of OSM, many features on there have captions in both the primary (local) language, plus translations into other languages (the Name field is usually the local language one and the Multilingual Name give translated options. It seems like you may use these Multilingual Names for searches, but it would be really useful to be able to select the language that shows up on the map in Komoot. My use case is as an English language speaker living in Japan and trying to plan routes here.

50 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow export to MapMyRun and MovesCount

It would be great is Komoot could be connected to services such as the Microsoft Band, Suunto's MovesCount and the MapMyFitness sites and allow routes to be sent to these services.

The current process required a manual export and import which works but requires extra steps.

49 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello everyone

Best regards
    Daniela

5. Add custom cues to route

I would like to add custom cues to my routes. With RideWithGPS you can add custom cues which are shown on my Wahoo ELEMNT during the ride. For example when I plan a route which will pass near a fastfood restaurant, I would like to add a cue like 'Fastfood!', which shows on the screen when I am within 1000m from that cue.

Now I have to export my route and add extra cues in RWGPS. Don't like the extra work. :-)

48 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Link completed tour to planned tour

As an example, some weeks ago I made a walk (https://www.komoot.de/tour/7359443) based on a tour that I planned a previously (https://www.komoot.de/tour/7336583). I would like to somehow associate both of them, so that I could mention that the planned tour was indeed completed and not having two completed different entries for the same path. I think that something like a tag, a flag system, or a relational field providing the link between both database entries would do the trick.
    I can imagine that the fact that only planned tours are supported for navigation can be an issue.…

46 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Victor

Best regards
    Daniela

7. Export GPX directly from App

GPX files can actually be downloaded only from the website. Would be nice to be able to download it from the app. Very useful when planning from the app with a bad internet connection, and then transfer to a separate GPS device

46 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Display all tours for a given user on a map

Currently only the starting point is displayed but it will be great if the track (and photos) is displayed too

43 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Connect komoot to Wahoo

Any plans to link this to the wahoo head unit. Would be great for the MTB

40 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Mark

There are no definite plans here at the moment, but should that be the case, we’ll keep you posted and will send you a respective update.

Best regards
    Daniela

10. Add ability to translate user content

Komoot has great user generated content but it comes in various languages.
    By adding in-app translation button it will become accessible to all users.

40 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello everyone

we are indeed getting great Highlights from users all over the world, so we are currently working on a way to have this content automatically translated. We’ll keep you posted!

Best regards
    Daniela

11. Collections for everybody!

Could be great group several tours in one collection. At the moment only komoot staff can do it.

Regards

Marcello

38 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Marcello

Best regards
    Daniela

12. Display all place names in Latin characters in addition to Cyrillic or Chinese

Not all users can read Greek, Russian, Chinese, Thai, Korean, Japanese etc characters. So Komoot is almost useless if biking through those countries. Your database already contains many of these placenames in English, as I can e.g. search for Athens/Greece. But on the map the name is not recognizable

37 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Traveler

Best regards
    Daniela

13. Having the map of tours on the tours page

Hi again :)
    I would love to have the same map from the dashboard page on the tours page.
    Why?
    On the dashboard map, I see all my planed and completed tours.
    On the tours page a map on the right could show only the tours using the same filter as the selection for the list (all tours, planned or completed tours as well as sport type). It would be easier to find some tours that we did or planned without having to try randomly to click on them on the dashboard.

37 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello

Best regards
    Daniela

14. Searching Tours / Tour search / Tour filter

Tour search / filter in "Discover" interface and my own Tours

37 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello everyone

On our website, you can now filter your Tour lists by entering a search term (the feature is found on the right hand side when you have opened your Tour menu). If you do that, only the Tours that include that term will be found.

We’ll see what we can do to implement this also in the app versions. Should there be any news, we’ll post a respective update.

Best regards
    Daniela

15. Generate round trips based on route types and distance

The current tour planner only allows to manually create a round trip by adding waypoints.

As the tour planner of the "Fietsersbond" does, it would be useful to be able to be able to generate a tour based on a route type and distance and/or waypoints.

For example when riding on a road bike you would select a "racer route" type, but on a relaxed Sunday tour you prefer a "recreational route" type and when hiking a "nature/scenic route" type.

You can then choose to enter a distance (eg. 60km) or waypoints. So your final route would be generated on…

36 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. do not push users to save tours

Hi, I find it highly annoying how the Komoot Android app pushes me to describe and save each navigational track I've made with Komoot, even the shortest and most uninteresting ones.
    It should be easy to discard a so-called 'tour' with a single click.
    As for now, it is too confusing to get out of Komoot without saving.

This is a reason for me for not recommending Komoot to friends.

35 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Implement a Privacy Zone

Have a Privacy Zone setting, similar to the one used on Strava, so that my Home address can't be identified when my Komoot routes or rides are configured as Public.
    Without this feature I have to keep my routes or rides from home Private, or start and finish my rides away from the house, or edit the start and finish of existing routes I import into Komoot.

35 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Road surface analysis

It appears that the road surface analysis, while helpful, could be enhanced by including it as a color coded part of the route. I want to know where on the route it is paved and where it is unpaved.

Cheers!

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Mark / highlight roads in different colors

I have a very specific idea, which I haven't seen in any cycling app I know: Coloring roads. For example, I have a forest nearby in which some trails are great, some are terrible - I'd like to mark the former in green on the map, the latter in red, so that I know which roads & trails to avoid when planning my next route. Is there any chance of something like this happening?

An alternative would be to simply add notes, but other than an old topic (link below) I haven't found anything on this.
    http://help.komoot.de/forums/213895-ideas/suggestions/6790057-add-sticky-notes

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello

Best regards
    Daniela

20. Display maps at a higher resolution

The image quality of the maps is extremely poor. Would you be able to scale to a better resolution in future app versions? My phone got a 1334 x 750 display.

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base