English | Deutsch

Ideas

Do you have suggestions to help us make komoot even better? Please use the search to check whether your idea has already been posted. You can then vote for it!

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Make all sports selectable when planning a route / Add more sports for routing

The current setup only allows me to choose hiking, biking (various types), and climbing as activities when I'm planning a route (see attachment). Could this be changed to include all sport options, such as running (all types)?

Thanks,
    Mike

114 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    20 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello everyone,

We have now added “Jogging” as new routable sport to all our latest app versions and the website, so you can now plan your Jogging tours with komoot and share your favorite jogging tracks with other komoot users as Highlights.

Regarding other sports: we only add new sports as routable sports when they can reliably used with our routing and followed with our voice navigation. That’s why we cannot easily make all sport types you can currently use to save your Tour as plannable sports.

We are planning on adding further icons for requested sports here, such as water sports or riding, and will keep you updated when that is the case. When that is the case, you’ll be able to save your recorded Tour as a riding Tour for instance.

Making water sports routable is an entirely different topic, and one we can at the moment not…

2. Make POIs / Highlights available offline

When you download your route, It would be nice to also be able to search an area around the route for things like camp sites, attractions etc whilst off-line.

In particular I think that using this feature for finding accommodation would be most useful.

Perhaps the area that is downloaded could be an adjustable area, say a range from 1 to 20 miles surrounding the planned route. Also including the option to select where that info is downloaded to (internal or external storage on smart device)

107 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Chris

thanks a lot for this interesting idea!

We’ll see what we can do to implement it. Should there be any plans here, we’ll post a respective update.

Please mind that we are unable to give you exact dates here. If you have entered the idea or voted vor it, you’ll be informed via mail as soon as we have updated the status here.

Best regards
    Daniela

3. Dutch version of komoot

Just like for Spanish, Italian and other languages.
    Why not use the help from users for translation
    and eventually the use of text to speech?

105 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

we are as yet unable to able to offer komoot in other languages than in German and English. We are looking into further solutions at the moment and hope to be able to provide komoot in other languages in the future. We can’t make any promises yet, but we will keep you updated on our progress if you vote on this idea.

Kind regards,
    Daniela

4. Prevent road bike planner from using main roads

Whenever I select Road Bike tour I'm always directed over A roads for the vastest majority of the route. While I don't want to be led off road on my road bike, I also don't fancy using very trafficked roads with extremely fast moving cars and lorries, but rather the smaller, asphalted lanes.

Please please please could you make selecting welcome/unwelcome road type (as well as surface types!) an option? I think a lot about of cyclists would find the planner tool immensely more powerful that way!

102 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 89 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello everyone,

thanks a lot for the idea! We are currently focussing more on the outdoor-experience with our app and can’t therefore introduce a respective feature at the moment. However, this remains an interesting idea, and we will keep you posted should anything change in the future!

Best wishes
    Daniela

6. Color Codes for Komoot Outdoor map

The 'Komoot Outdoor' map is great. However, in the zoomed mode it is hard to distinguish the roads (K and L Strasse) from the main hike/bike trails. The width is different but both are white. You've done a good job to distinguish single trails (black) from the main hike/bike trails. It would be good to choose another color for the K and L Strasse.

88 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under Review  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Show speed profile / graph in completed Tours (App)

After recording and saving the track, Komoot displays the altitude graph. Please, also show the speed graph, just like you do on the web version on the desktop.

There are those tracks you want to bypass the browser version altogether to evaluate the track.

Keep up the good work

86 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello everyone

We’ll see what we can do to implement it. Should there be any plans here, we’ll post a respective update.

Please mind that we are unable to give you exact dates here. If you have entered the idea or voted vor it, you’ll be informed via mail as soon as we have updated the status here.

Best regards
    Daniela

8. Use vibration alert during navigation / instead of voice navigation

I like the idea of navigation, but quite honestly, it talks too much and I prefer to find my way with some assistance, but without being overly pampered.

What I would like to see, is or or two new modes

- a mode which just vibrates when one reaches a junction point (blue circle where normally it would make a voice announcement) so I know I need to look at the map where to proceed.

- a mode which just vibrates (or uses voice warning or beep) if I get too far away from a track (e.g. miss a junction),…

81 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Nicholaz

Best regards
    Daniela

9. standalone komoot app for samsung gear s3 frontier

make a standalone komoot app for the samsung gear s3 frontier, to track you hikes and view map without the need of your phone. Frontier already comes with gps and 4g lte

80 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Alternate starting point

Is it possible to change starting point without dragging waypoints around? For example Waypoint 7 - Set as starting point. All waypoints are renumbered. Thanx

80 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add sticky notes / comments to waypoints

Each waypoint when you click on it needs to have an area for writing a sticky note. eg. accommodation notes, things yet do do.

77 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello everyone

Best regards
    Daniela

12. Add folders to planned/completed tours

Hello. Can you addfolders to stone planned/completed tours. Now if I have many tours, somtimeses is hard to find tour who i want.

76 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add voice feedback during a tour

Alongside the turn by turn directions, it'd be really useful to have configurable voice feedback to give distance travelled, average speed, sector speed etc.
    Configurable so users could choose as many or few of these that they want in the same way as mapmywalk allows.

72 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Report track / mistakes directly to OpenStreetMap

During my trips I always find paths that are not drawn on the map, I suggest you to create a kind of editor with which you can draw new paths or roads. It is possible to make this or only in personal acconts like a personal note or in a public mode like an indication for everybody.

And More, when I go for a MTB tour I planned, I often find parts of paths or whole paths or singletracks those are rather uncycleable.
    I suggest you to add a way to vote any part of a tour or write a…

65 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Sebastiano

thanks a lot for the interesting feedback!

I have changed the idea’s title around a little. Currently you can change and add tracks on OpenStreetMap, where we receive our data from: http://www.openstreetmap.org/

But it’s not possible to pass this on directly via komoot while you are on a Tour. Should there be any changes in the future, we will keep you posted here.

if you want to edit the komoot map, you can make changes on OSM; we’ll use them in our routing from there (it takes 1-3 weeks max at th moment for routing changes to be applied; the changed tracks are visible in the map sooner; usually a day after being entered)

Best regards
    Daniela

15. Take hill steepness into account when determining route

We rode our bikes through Europe for 3-weeks, guided by Komoot. At times the Komoot path would take us off nice cycle-ways with moderate climbs to put us on a more direct but much steeper path toward our end-point. In one case we saved perhaps a mile in exchange for a painful hill climb followed by a decent. We would have happily rode the extra mile on the cycle-way instead of taking this more direct route. Toward the end of our 3-weeks I would spend time on each komoot route looking at the hill profile, identifying on the map where…

60 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Turn maps by 360 degrees

It would be great to make the maps turnable 360 degrees in order to see a tour from different or more familiar perspective.

Thanks!

59 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello everyone

Best regards
    Daniela

17. Vector-based Maps

It would be great if komoot could at some point in the future switch to vector-based maps to allow for faster download of offline my material and a better viewing experience when zooming in close and rotating the map, e.g. no upside-down labels when south is up.

58 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Janosh

Best regards
    Daniela

18. Bigger zoom, maps are too small for trails.

Off road paths and trails on a bike, where many junctions come together at once, a bridge, a corner, a u bend, all with a GPS direction arrow the size of 500 square meters in real life, komoot sends me in the wrong direction, so many times , it's literally impossible to figure out which way to go.. I need to take out the phone, change app, then go back to komoot when I'm fairly sure I'm back on track.. Komoot needs to be able to zoom in way way more... Two hours today along the canals in London, wanted…

57 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Exclude Ferry Crossings from Tour Suggestions

When you are planning a bike tour around Potsdam (let's say starting at S Griebnitzsee), you will see a lot of suggestions that involve a ferry crossing. This is problematic, because most ferries only have a few trips a day, so that taking the suggestion would involve a significant wait (2-3 hours), which makes it less than practical.

56 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello everyone,

that is a useful and good idea. However, to add it to our system. there are a few things we need to mind: There are hikers and bikers who wish to avoid using ferries, while others specifically wish to add them to their Tours. On the other hand – and the problem also includes using lifts for instance – they might not be usable at all times of the day and year.

So we can realize this idea to your best contentment we therefore need to consider quite a few things. We are however planning to look into this in more detail, and will keep you posted here when we are ready.

Best regards
    Daniela

20. Making Komoot compatible with the Garmin Vivoactive 3

Hi guys

It would be fantastic if you could make Komoot compatible with the Garmin Vivoactive 3. It already works on other Garmin wearables and the Vivoactive is a very capable device.

Any plans in that direction? I understand that this device is not as high-end as the fenix series but hardware-wise, there is nothing holding Komoot or Garmin back to support this. Or am I mistaken?

Would love to see this coming soon.

56 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base