English | Deutsch

I suggest you ...

Option to turn off Auto-Routing.

I would like to see an option to turn off the Auto-Rerouting feature.

Sometimes I go off track intentionally but would like to keep the original track for reference, being able to eventually return to exactly that track (I often plan to use small trails and paths and the auto-route mostly uses larger tracks, so the rerouted path is mostly not what I want).

41 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Nicholaz shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Completed  ·  Adminkomoot Team (Admin, komoot) responded  · 

Hello everyone,

you can activate or deactivate the auto-rerouting with every new Tour, or during the Tour too. In the Android app, you find the feature under the loudspeaker icon. In the iOS app, you will find it by tapping the three dots on the bottom right hand side when you have started the recording.

In the Adroid app, you can also permanently deactivate it via the settings (Profile > cogwheels icon > app settings > navigation)

Best regards
Daniela

2 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • kiwiant commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You mention Android and iOS but what about the web app. I still can't see this option.

Should I open a new suggestion or am I missing something? As I don't have either device I can't see how it works but I would like to be able to turn on/off per waypoint including after the fact (editing). This way I can take advantage of both the auto routing and work manually when routing data isn't available or incorrect.

Thanks,
    Antony

• kiwiant commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed. This is a huge problem in New Zealand even around the streets as some of the OpenStreetMap routing data isn't there or is incorrect.

This also makes it impossible to plan a route for an event such as a Marathon when normal cars only roads are closed for runners/walkers.

Feedback and Knowledge Base