English | Deutsch

I suggest you ...

Use vibration alert during navigation / instead of voice navigation

I like the idea of navigation, but quite honestly, it talks too much and I prefer to find my way with some assistance, but without being overly pampered.

What I would like to see, is or or two new modes

- a mode which just vibrates when one reaches a junction point (blue circle where normally it would make a voice announcement) so I know I need to look at the map where to proceed.

- a mode which just vibrates (or uses voice warning or beep) if I get too far away from a track (e.g. miss a junction), so the phone stays silent as long as I stay on track and just warns if I get 100m away from the intended track.

57 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
NicholazNicholaz shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Under Review  ·  komoot TeamAdminkomoot Team (Admin, komoot) responded  · 

Hello Nicholaz

thanks a lot for this interesting idea!

We’ll see what we can do to implement it. Should there be any plans here, we’ll post a respective update.

Please mind that we are unable to give you exact dates here. If you have entered the idea or voted vor it, you’ll be informed via mail as soon as we have updated the status here.

Best regards
Daniela

3 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Xavier GantoisXavier Gantois commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use the wake up screen a lot, as soon as you near an intersection, screen wakes up, you immediately notice when off track

• maxmax commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Idea is nice. The phone also could vibrate 1 long (2 sec) for right turns and 3 short (1/2 sec) for left turns. It could even announce a turn that way:
    3 times long - turn right in 300m
    2 times long - turn right in 200m
    1 time long - turn right in 100m
    5 sec - turn now right

The same principle for left:
    3 times short - turn left in 300m
    and so on
    5 sec intervall vibration for turn left now.

• WanderersWanderers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Missing turns due especially to car/truck noises. Especially in towns (where turns happen most!) with paving stones.

Feedback and Knowledge Base