English | Deutsch

I suggest you ...

Make POIs / Highlights available offline

When you download your route, It would be nice to also be able to search an area around the route for things like camp sites, attractions etc whilst off-line.

In particular I think that using this feature for finding accommodation would be most useful.

Perhaps the area that is downloaded could be an adjustable area, say a range from 1 to 20 miles surrounding the planned route. Also including the option to select where that info is downloaded to (internal or external storage on smart device)

60 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
ChrisChris shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Under Review  ·  komoot TeamAdminkomoot Team (Admin, komoot) responded  · 

Hello Chris

thanks a lot for this interesting idea!

We’ll see what we can do to implement it. Should there be any plans here, we’ll post a respective update.

Please mind that we are unable to give you exact dates here. If you have entered the idea or voted vor it, you’ll be informed via mail as soon as we have updated the status here.

Best regards
Daniela

5 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • elkelk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When planing route on the web site, I'm often using Open Cycle Map view, which display all shelters (all kind of places, where you can shelter yourself in case of storm or rain). If would be very useful if this info could also be displayed on the road by mobile app - in case of bad weather condition it could help to find nearest shelter!

Regards
    Krzysztof

• PhilPhil commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've just planned routes in Scandinavia & just noticed the POI & especially campsites are missing. I'll be using some offline saved routes & some online. Please can you inform me when available?

Keep up the good work,

Cheers,

Phil

• ArunArun commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello Komoot,

Great app, but I miss the feature of finding a POI (eg.Mountain Huts, camping) when on activity (usually offline) and this forces me to use other apps or real maps. Can you please include this for offline usage.

Feedback and Knowledge Base