English | Deutsch

I suggest you ...

Offroad planning / Allow planning off the trail

Often there may be a small piece of track missing or someone goes off trail for a summit. Allowing the route between waypoints to be set as direct would help with this.

I would see this as having an auto route setting that can be turned on/off while adding waypoints. Users would then go into the list of waypoints and toggle the auto route setting for each waypoint as needed.

Inserting waypoints would inherit the setting from the previous waypoint.

160 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
kiwiantkiwiant shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Later on  ·  komoot TeamAdminkomoot Team (Admin, komoot) responded  · 

Hello everyone,

we’ll look into how we can improve the direction of travel of our map display in both apps in the future – we’ll keep you posted here!

Best regards
Daniela

6 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • AlexAlex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Strongly agree that this important feature should be added. In some areas (e.g. in Japan, where I live) road/cycle path intersections are not shown correctly in OSM, which results in long detours. I have been updating OSM as well, but that doesn't seem to solve the problem.

• OdedOded commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a very important feature and I would strongly suggest adding it

• ZisperZisper commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any idea on timing for this? It'd also be very useful for adding tracks along the beach, which typically don't exist in OSM.

• GiuseppeGiuseppe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was going to ask the same question as sometimes I could see a small part of tracks missing. The routing would result to a big detour.

• DavidDavid commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have tried to do a city tour of my city (Bath UK) and have found that the auto route goes around a street that I would like to include. It can be navigated by foot and bike in the real world but auto route goes around it. It would be great to have an option to manually include a section into your route.

Feedback and Knowledge Base