English | Deutsch

I suggest you ...

Show map layer with user photos

When I am planning a trip I like to look at photos of an area on Google earth. Is there a way you could have a layer which includes photos from either Google earth or photos posted from other Komoot users?

If we could upload photos, it might help to show interesting areas or technical sections or even difficult to find places. Photos need to be rated at least yearly to stay on Komoot so that useless photos do not clutter the screen. Only useful photos about the area remain.

A photo can really help plan a trip. You can see photos and open cycle map in Google earth by using the instructions found here: http://ge-map-overlays.appspot.com/openstreetmap . However, you can't easily plan a trip in Google Earth

7 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
NailsnglueNailsnglue shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Started  ·  komoot TeamAdminkomoot Team (Admin, komoot) responded  · 

Hi Nailsnglue,

the feature you are asking for is already in part available with our highlights. As a komoot-user, you can mark specific highlights on a tour you made and add photos and tips to them. These highlights are then suggested to all users, who are planning tours in that area, and they can mark them as favorites and add them to their own tours. Using these highlights, you can now on the web-version of komoot make use of our “smart tours”: you choose a highlight, and our system suggests tours including that highlight.

Got more questions about photos and highlights? Send us a mailt to help@komoot.de.

Best regards

Daniela

0 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...

Feedback and Knowledge Base