English | Deutsch

I suggest you ...

Merge two recorded activities / tours

Sometimes I need to divide the tour in multiple parts (i.e the app crashes or something like that) and it would be nice to merge these in the webinterface

296 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Gabriel shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Under Review  ·  Adminkomoot Team (Admin, komoot) responded  · 

Hello everyone

thanks a lot for this interesting idea!

We’ll see what we can do to implement it. Should there be any plans here, we’ll post a respective update.

Please mind that we are unable to give you exact dates here. If you have entered the idea or voted vor it, you’ll be informed via mail as soon as we have updated the status here.

Best regards
Daniela

12 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Karen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Have you managed to do anything about merging routes yet? I have planned about 800 miles worth of rides for a 2 month, 2500 mile trip and now realise that I need to stitch them together to make it easier to use en-route, it's going to take me ages to re-plot each of them in one route so the ability to stitch or merge them will be so useful! Thanks

• Andy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the biggest flaw with. Komoot, As at the end of your route before you save/publish it your asked what type of sport ie: Road Cycling ,Mountain Biking ,Touring ,Hiking etc.
    A lot of the routes I do in my local area involve 2 if not 3 of these Sports especially Mountain Biking & Hiking. Rely would love to be able to combine Activities. Please make it possible.

• catweazle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would also like this functionality. But as long as we don't have it, as a workaround one can export the *.gpx tracks, then use a free and simple online tool provided by https://gotoes.org to merge these files and then reimport the resulting *.gpx file back into komoot. I tried stitching together a simple bike ride, that got cut in half, because I had to switch cell phone batteries along the way. It worked beautifully. I haven't tried with multiple legs, or tours with photos, etc.. Already existing feedback would obviously not transfer to the new/complete tour. So, it's not perfect, but a quick workaround while we wait.

• Richard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, this would be a very useful feature for me as well. For all the previous reasons given, stitching tours together would help to properly reflect a complete bike ride.

• Paul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to see this and the ability to add different activities. Very useful to be able to merge routes which are unintentionally and wrongly 'broken'.

• Victor Cardoso commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also when going on a several days tour , it would be good to merge the different segments into a single completed tour.

• David commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Or be able to assign two activities to a route. For example a route can be useful for running, hiking and biking.

Feedback and Knowledge Base