English | Deutsch

I suggest you ...

Import GPX tracks to planned tours

It would be very useful to add planned tours via uploading GPX files.
Many other hiking sites offer gpx files to download. I would like to add those to the "planned tour" section.
As of now, imported gpx are added to the "made tour" section by default, which in my case, is simply wrong.
Thanks in advance!

47 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
SpellweaverSpellweaver shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Completed  ·  komoot TeamAdminkomoot Team (Admin, komoot) responded  · 

Hello everyone,

it is now possible, to use imported GPX files as basis for planned Tours on komoot (https://www.komoot.de/upload).

This means, you can now choose whether you wish to import the file as “planned” or “completed” Tour, and choose the date of files you import as completed Tours yourself.

Please note: this new feature will be released as beta-version, as we cannot guarantee all files found on the internet are routable. Please get in touch with us in case of problems.

Furthermore, we have improved the feature “Plan Another Tour Like This” (to be found on the right-hand side below the overview map of your completed Tours). That means, you can use this feature to use Tours completed on komoot as basis for newly planned Tours, or save already completed Tours as newly planned Tours that way.

Best regards

Daniela

2 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...

Feedback and Knowledge Base