English | Deutsch

I suggest you ...

Make all sports selectable when planning a route / Add more sports for routing

The current setup only allows me to choose hiking, biking (various types), and climbing as activities when I'm planning a route (see attachment). Could this be changed to include all sport options, such as running (all types)?

Thanks,
Mike

94 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
MzulyniakMzulyniak shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Started  ·  komoot TeamAdminkomoot Team (Admin, komoot) responded  · 

Hello everyone,

We have now added “Jogging” as new routable sport to all our latest app versions and the website, so you can now plan your Jogging tours with komoot and share your favorite jogging tracks with other komoot users as Highlights.

Regarding other sports: we only add new sports as routable sports when they can reliably used with our routing and followed with our voice navigation. That’s why we cannot easily make all sport types you can currently use to save your Tour as plannable sports.

We are planning on adding further icons for requested sports here, such as water sports or riding, and will keep you updated when that is the case. When that is the case, you’ll be able to save your recorded Tour as a riding Tour for instance.

Making water sports routable is an entirely different topic, and one we can at the moment not yet offer, as there are many things we need to take into account here to make the routing reliable. We want you all to be able to rely on komoot and its routing.

Best regards
Daniela

20 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Benjamin HennigBenjamin Hennig commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I herewith would like to suggest adding horseback riding to the list of sports. The statistics that Komoot records are just brilliant also for longer riding trips and no other riding app does provide that nice mapping capability as Komoot does. So please add riding soon :-)
    Ben

• Alan C. BonniciAlan C. Bonnici commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't hike but long distant walk (50km). Others may pursue other hobbies that may be tracked by komoot. Why not expand the list of activities and allow people to increase the database.

• RobertRobert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Show some love for the skiing community by adding support for cross country skiing and ski touring. I don't believe I'd use the navigation function much (except when the local cross country tracks would be included) but as a gps and/or fitness tracker, komoot would be amazing.

• ColinColin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I should have added that if this can't be done can we have the ability to change the name and icon of a sport so we can effectively add sports ourselves.

• ColinColin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please include flying sports such as paragliding, paramotoring, hang gliding, gliding and microlighting as selectable sports.

• Xavier GantoisXavier Gantois commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As I suggested before, if you add the VELOMOBILE to the selection, I make promotion in the velomobile community for Komoot. Then it would be the first app or tool with a velomobile sign
    A velomobile uses the same routes as racing cyclist. I use this setting all the time and the routing works pretty fine. With the ability to check the unpaved sections or cobblestones you can adapt easily yourself to avoid eventual difficult parts.

• TravelerTraveler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Or an option to combine separate adjacent (by date/location) tours into one connected multi sport tour bundle.

• PaulPaul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I often cycle to a point and then hike a circuit and finish with a cycle ride. Unless I split into 3 tours I cannot record as the correct sport as I can only choose one. Can a tour be divided into sectors, with a separate sport in each, eg triathlon.

• NickNick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add Motocross or Similar to the Trip/Activity choices as I have a few friends that are using it for this and they are currently choosing Mountain Biking. This is misleading as their activities may not be suitable for Mountain Biking

• raystinyraystiny commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add longboards too. Since I've paid for the full package and there is no similar app which offers the same functionality it needs to be available now where the season starts and everyone is looking for something to plan a tour or weekend trip.

• Matt JacobsMatt Jacobs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In Texas there are few places to go hiking except state or national parks. Kayaking, or similar, is they best way to get exercise and be around nature. I fly fish so am on the water a lot. Even those that don't fish usually traverse private land over water since it's the only safe and legal way to have any outdoor adventure.

• MatteoMatteo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What about the ability to create routing profiles for other sports especially for sports were there aren’t tracks?

When I plan an alpine ski tour “on the paper” I know that a certain positive elevation can keep a certain amount of time and skiing on negative elevation is very fast until some inclinations. I miss a software feature that can help me to estimate with a certain grade of accuracy the time for a tour.

This idea i related to
    Planned tour time calculated on my historical data
    http://help.komoot.de/forums/213895-ideas/suggestions/13003527-planned-tour-time-calculated-on-my-historical-data
    and
    Allow direct (non auto route) between some waypoints
    http://help.komoot.de/forums/213895-ideas/suggestions/7828626-allow-direct-non-auto-route-between-some-waypoin

• StephenStephen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I stumbled across this app while looking for a horseback riding app for trail riding that has off-line maps. I found out that there is not a decent app out there for horseback riding. I have used this app for trail riding(picking "hiking" as the activity) and it has worked wonderfully!

• Abe MaaijenAbe Maaijen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like to have a an canoe icoon. I like to make canoe trips. I hope that there are a lot of other canoers that wil make canoe tours for ths comunity.

• Mimi O'ConnorMimi O'Connor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

GGNRA offers world class horse trails, and it would be helpful to plan outings and know designated trails, trailer parking areas, and water access.

• Xavier GantoisXavier Gantois commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A velomobiel allows high speed commuting all year round. Since the seating is very low, stepping in and out and turning the bike is not so easy as with a regular bike an excellent gps app is required with prefarably adapted route choices. This would allow velomobiel users in Europe to share routes. more info on the velomobiel see www.fietser.be or www.velomobiel.nl

• AndreaAndrea commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In the app "Other" even if it is shown as icon before the trip, it is not shown (and so not possible to filter) in the completed tour (after ALL, and other sport type).
    Moreover it would be great to have also the sport type "WALK"

Thanks

• earlgreyleeearlgreylee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I do packrafting and the app is great but there is no way for me accurately log it. Something that allows people to plan and post waterway tours.

Feedback and Knowledge Base