English | Deutsch

I suggest you ...

Display altitude in speedometer / on map during Tour (App)

It would be great to have the altitude info in the tracking info that appear and disappear when you're navigation or tracking and you click on the map. The include information about your speed, time and distance but so far no information about the altitude.

It would be also usefull to have the titude info always shown in one of the map corner even if if I'm not tracking.
Thanks!

119 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Andrea shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Completed  ·  Adminkomoot Team (Admin, komoot) responded  · 

Hi and thanks a lot for your request!

With the latest iOS and Android releases, the current altitude will be displayed in the speedometer in the navigation mode of our app. Just swipe your speedometer to the side, to get to the altitude display

Best regards
Daniela

7 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Sandra Hanington commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd love this too! It would be very helpful during long climbs and descents ... my suuntu Watch also showed rate of ascent/descent ...

• Traveler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Even if GPS altitude is not always accurate, altitude display is a MUST HAVE feature for an app like komoot. Other apps do it already for years. A notification can alert the user to the inaccuracy risk the first time a user chooses to display altitude.

• Daniel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't believe, this info is still not available for Komoot users. That is often our goal when hiking and it is always nice to know how far we are from that achievement. Most other navigation apps offer this info. Even if it is not 100% reliable!

• ?????? commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am pretty sure you can make it, its available in most navigation/tracking applications. Even if it is not visible all the time, may be we can just slide the data screen left and right? For biking it is very needed, that way you know how much ascend you still have to make.

• Peter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This information could be downloaded from the Internet. Possibly even preloaded for the area around the planned trip, for offline usage during the trip.

Feedback and Knowledge Base