English | Deutsch

I suggest you ...

Plan tour in a loop

When you try to make a hike or bike ride that is a loop, the route keeps trying to cross back over itself. You should have a command that tells Komoot "Don't cross over, keep the route an un-interrupted loop"
Google maps has the same problem.
I don't want to retrace my steps I want a LOOP!

58 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
BuckleyBuckley shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Completed  ·  komoot TeamAdminkomoot Team (Admin, komoot) responded  · 

Hello everyone,

the mode back/forth during planning your Tour is specifically targeted to give you the direct way back to your starting point, as the best and fastet option.

We understand your wish to receive a circular route here, but it is unfortunately not realizable in the way you are thinking. Why? We want to be able to suggest you a truly good Tour, and not just draw a random circle on the map.

That’s why we developed our “Smart Tours” that are based on Highlights as well as Tours actually recorded in that region – meaning we only take paths that several users have used and enjoyed before. These Tours are planned as circular round trips – you can either save them as they are, or keep editing them.

To find our suggestions, you either click on a Highlight on our website or the iOS app (coming also on Android when we change the interface here), or in the first tab of the app, and we will show you, if available, our suggestions.

These will of course be based on the selected sports type and indicate a difficulty level. As an example take a look at the Highlight here:

https://www.komoot.de/highlight/74038

You’ll find all about the system here:

http://help.komoot.de/knowledgebase/articles/503175-highlights-and-smart-tours

The more recorded Tours and Highlights in an area, the higher the amount of Smart Tours we can suggest.

If you wish to plan circular Tours yourself, all you need to do is place a third place on the map. Our system will then plan a Tour based on the selected sport type.

Best regards
Daniela

5 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...

Feedback and Knowledge Base