English | Deutsch

I suggest you ...

include an option to draw the map relative to direction of travel.

The compass of my device is often flaky and therefore not a good alternative.

44 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Sven shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Completed  ·  Adminkomoot Team (Admin, komoot) responded  · 

Hello everyone

with the latest App update we have worked out a solid solution to this problem that will give you the best possible orientation based on your sports type.

When you open the map view, your current direction will now be indicated by a small triangle if you turn the map (iOS: Tap the direction arrow to activate that mode; will be used automatically with the release after).

If you are on the road with more than 7 km/h, the position marker will turn into an arrow that shows your direction of travel. In addition to this, your map will then be adjusted according to your current driving/running direction based on the GPS signal. If you are getting below the above-mentioned speed, we’ll switch back to compass mode, for best possible orientation.

Thus, you can be sure you always know which direction you’re heading to!

Enjoy!

Best regards
Daniela

2 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Hul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have used sevral map apps and travel apps(mountail tracking).
    For examle,https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.daum.android.map
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nhn.android.nmap

They support two types of points.
    First, map is fixed to the north when the point is inactive. Second, map is rotating to the direction of my trip correctly when the point is active.

• Dawid commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello.

Can I set the navigation so that the direction you are moving has always been at the top? Exactly as it is to navigate Google?
    When I turned, the map rotates so that the direction in which I am going was always at the top.

Although I found something like this:
    "Tap on the direction arrow on the bottom left of the map view to activate it and the card will be directed (one tap: centered & to the North, two taps: centered and into the direction you travel)"

The problem is that the map will not rotate. changing only the tag indicating my position.
    Unfortunately, the lack of this option practically excludes the possibility of purchasing areas.

Feedback and Knowledge Base