English | Deutsch

I suggest you ...

Advanced Offline mode / Plan Tours offline (App)

Make a tour changeable in offline mode / Allow rerouting while being off-line.

165 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Casper shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Later on  ·  Adminkomoot Team (Admin, komoot) responded  · 

Hi everyone,

we are aware that offline planning is a very popular idea, and needless to say, we would enjoy being able to offer you this feature. At the moment it is not technically realizable, however.

Why? It’s our aim to offer you a reliable route planning on a worldwide base. Especially in case of a technology that crosses several platforms as in our case, this is not yet realizable. We are of course continually working on evaluating new technological options to solve this challenging problem to both your and our best contentment.

Thank you very much for your understanding and best regards

Daniela

7 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Simão commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be really good for bicycle touring. You could at least add support for third party routing software, for example you could delegate to brouter to do the routing and display the result on komoot.

Locus maps does this offline for example.

• Simon Judge commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1. This really is essential for cycle touring.

Even if the app didn't do any routing - but just road-followed (i.e. the user adds way points on each road they want to go down) this would be an improvement.
    This would be the feature that would cause me to buy Komoot (/the whole map package).

• Traveler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Well, that offline routing App already exists. Perhaps Komoot could hire Dr. Arndt Brenschede,the guy who single-handedly developed a great offline routing app for Android, http://BRouter.de , that takes elevation and trail types into consideration and integrates with the leading navigation apps, such as LOCUS.

• Maciej Mężyński commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

hello folks, hello Daniela,
    it is 2017 and I would like to ask you guys if the problem described in 2015 has been fixed (improved)?

I would like to ask if you can now plan your tour offline if I have a region unlocked on my android device.
    I am beginning my adventure with Komoot and I need such a feature very badly.
    As for now I have me nearest area unlocked for free and I am trying the Komoot application to see if it is worth unlocking the world for 30 Euros?
    I would appriciate your quick response
    Bestr regards
    Maciej

• Traveler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If the relevant offline region map package is downloaded and available on the device a route change in offline mode must be made possible.

• Leandro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

On Zakynthos/Greece the app dont work good offline. The coordinates from komoot differ from the real road. Make it up to date or chance the bandswith of the offline dowload so the plan is smarter during travel!

• clive.turner@virgin.net commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I could not get the re-routing or auto re-run to work on the trail when I took a detour (off-line). Is this a known problem or am I doing something wrong.

Could this not be incorporated off-line so the device uses its power to re-route like a car sat-nav. The amount of 'data' could be limited to say 15km - 30km around the route and perhaps use this margin to allow the device to handle re-routing of track or trail. Perhaps this limit could be set by the user to accommodate different devices and depending on the planned level of exploration.

Perhaps this method could be used to plan a tour off-line?

Feedback and Knowledge Base