English | Deutsch

I suggest you ...

Upload Tours / Pictures only with WIFI connection

This saves network traffic while on the road.

119 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Dumitru (g) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Under Review  ·  Adminkomoot Team (Admin, komoot) responded  · 

Hi,

this is a very good idea. We hope to provide something like this soon. You will be updated when you have voted for this idea.

Best regards,
Benedict

4 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Frank C commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature needs to be implemented now... I was in Europe recently and uploads ate all my data quota... I love this app, but if this is not addressed very soon, I'll be forced to look for something that does include that feature!!

• Traveler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

3 years later no progress?? :(

Please prioritize this important option to save just the gpx while mobile and the photos later when on WiFi. And as you display max 2048 size anyway please reduce size of pics more BEFORE upload. Komoot eats up all my expensive mobile data while traveling by uploading huge photo versions as soon as a trip is saved. On just 5 tours with a total of 150 pics it wasted over 400 MB :-((

• Giuseppe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would add same option to save the tour once it's finished (if the file has really an important size)

• Dumitru (g) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PS: This would also increase the usage of the "social" features of the app, as now I'm avoiding to save the pictures with komoot (and share them with friends via komoot) because I'm avoiding the 3G traffic charges. These 13 MP cameras on mobile phones are making the files quite big.

Feedback and Knowledge Base