English | Deutsch

I suggest you ...

Support for the new garmin fenix 5 plus

Hi,
I see that the komodo garmin app does not work (yet) with the new fenix 5 plus.
I am sure that it is temporary, but would like to be sure that it will be supported in the future.
It seems to me this is the same platform as the fenix 5 (already supported), so I hope the support for fenix 5 plus will be added very soon.
Thx

43 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
ak shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Completed  ·  Adminkomoot Team (Admin, komoot) responded  · 

Hello

thanks a lot for your idea!

Since we managed to successfully test our app works well on the devices listed further below, we are now supporting them with our latest App release in the Garmin IQ Connect Store.

The newly added devices are:

- Forerunner 645
- Forerunner 645 Music
- Descent MK1
- Edge 520 plus
- Fenix 5 plus
- Fenix 5X plus
- Fenix 5S plus
- Edge Explore
- Rino 7

The full list of our currently supported devices are listed on our App Store Page (https://apps.garmin.com/en-US/apps/d918ae1e-9e7b-4fdf-b336-46141a0ccd6a).

Unfortunately, some Garmin devices still don’t fulfill the technical requirements needed to download komoot routes to the device (e.g.: Vivoactive 3/HR, Fenix 3). If this should change, we will let you know!

In the meantime, you can of course download your komoot Tours as GPX files via our website and transfer them to your device that way. Read this article to find out how:

http://help.komoot.de/knowledgebase/articles/486300-gpx-export-and-upload

Best regards
Daniela

4 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Frowin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,

Do you already approximately know when the Fenix 5 plus will be supported?

Thanks a lot!

• Rich commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Your site lists the supported Garmin devices as the Fenix 5 and forerunner 935, 735. I am unable to find the app in the connect IQ store for my Fenix 3 HR device. If it would work on this, please add support in the Garmin publishing portal to make it available, or add support to the app if it doesn't already. I'm thinking of switching from alltrails and support for my Garmin watch would be enough to make me do so

Feedback and Knowledge Base