English | Deutsch

I suggest you ...

Implement a privacy zone system

Good afternoon.

Komoot smart tour system will only consider public completed tours, but most of my tours start and end at my home, home of my parents, working place,... and therefore they are kept private.

If you could implement a way to define some privacy zones like an area around a defined point, this could automatically make private the beginning and end of the tour which is found inside the area, keeping the rest of the tour public. With this function, more users would make public their tours and Komoot would have more data for its smart tour function.

It would be an automation of your tour crop function, only the cropped part do not need to be deleted; it is only kept private.

Thank you for reading. Best regards.

156 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Cristian Álvarez shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Luca commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Once I completed the tour, I go to edit and crop the part close to my house. So nobody will see where I live.
    Only after that change, I set public tour. Hope this tip helps you

• PeeJay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to start to use komoot, but I'm not going to until there is a way of setting a privacy zone around my home. Until then, I'll carry on with strava

• Martin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is an imperative feature. Current users need to be informed by Komoot that their regular start and finish points may be monitored by those with less than amicable intentions. All my tours will stay private until privacy is available.

• schleiftier commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Frequently I start my biking tours from home. Without a privacy zone I will not set my tours to public. I don't want everybody to know where I live.

• Waterman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'll open my created routes once my Privacy zone can be established. Not a chance in hell that one happens without the other.

• Tjeerd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree that this would make people (me at least) more willing to share rides and tours.
    Btw, Strava has this feature.

• Marcin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hmm that's interesting, I've never seen something like this in other apps, but the idea to privacy-protect a region seems cool.

Feedback and Knowledge Base