English | Deutsch

I suggest you ...

Add highlights categories

Hello, It would be useful to have highlights categories, for example water point, fire place, camping place, point of view or monument... in that way it could help to find some information while planning tours.
I would not make mandatory for the user to select a category, marking any highlights into undefined category would do the trick. To make it possible to add that info later or suggested by other users would be enough.

7 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Giuseppe shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • dikkeknodel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Komoot is using OpenStreetMap (OSM) data. All the information Giuseppe is asking for is already in that OSM dataset as Points of Interest. Apparently Komoot made the decision to not show that information.

It would be a waste to have people enter this information yet another time, while it is mostly already in the dataset. If it is not in OSM, then it should be contributed to the OpenStreetMap dataset instead. Otherwise I would consider it parasitic behaviour, when you're only taking from OSM but not giving back to the community. OSM is used much more broadly than Komoot alone.

I see a lot of highlights in my region that are actually duplicates of what was already shown on the map from OSM data. Like for example there is a restaurant at a top of the mountain, which has been marked in OSM since long before Komoot was even thought of, but it is also added as a highlight for cycling and, sepately, for hiking. This is just wasting the overview.

• Jelukadono commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello, "drinkable water point " is a great idea and very useful for planning tours.
    Regards, Jean-Luc

Feedback and Knowledge Base