English | Deutsch

I suggest you ...

support for more map zoom and different maps

you cant really zoom in enough on the maps to follow a trail, this is especially difficult if there a few trails close to where you are. Anyway to allow more zoom on the maps?

Plus maybe add more maps to the app like ocm or osm maps?

179 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
darkhunter7 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Ian Cowden commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've just started using Komoot and this is the first issue I came across when approaching a trail fork and the instructions are "Turn Left" but there are 3 trails to the left and I could not identify which left turn. Please allow the ability to zoom in really close.

• Phil commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I wish Komoot would address this issue. It is singly the biggest disappointment when cycle navigating. It's really hard to following the map when there are lots of roads and trails in close proximity, particularly at complex intersections.
    When devices are mounted on handlebars it's really hard to see the detail. Fonts, icons etc need to be clearly visible and the map should allow zooming in enough to clearly make out the navigation path.
    Auto zooming when nearing a turn and then zoom back out so you can get an idea of what's ahead would be ideal. I want to avoid one-handed riding and operating the app, as much as possible when I am cycling.

• wheatism commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Some more detail on gradients would be great, and I guess zooming in and out to display these would defninitely help. Gradient maps are crucial when hiking trains to estimate durations...and I guess the cyclists might like it too :-)

• Dan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, I constantly need to change to Google maps because the zoom in insufficient and the GPS navigating is not very good..

• Imran Chaudhry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How about a 3D view like in a car satnav? Makes it easier when you are at a cross roads and the tracks are not perpendicular to each other.

Another zoom level would also be good, I use Komoot on a Samsung S4 (5" display)

• Mark Sevelj commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi folks
    I have just started using komoot today.
    Great app but the zoom level is not really sufficient. I agree with the previous comments. Today we tested the planning functions and sending to the phone. The closeness of the tracks with way points made it virtually unreadable on the phone. All the other features are fantastic and I already can see great fun. I think the mapping zoom though should be a core feature as this is what it's all about.
    Cheers

• Damian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree with this. Love the app but we need to see exactly where we are up close as most other maps allow. As Dieter has said if you come to a fork you cannot easily see which route to take with the current zoom level.

• Dieter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi everyone, i agree with this comment. At the weekend using the app for a 10km hike, the blue (proposed route) line and the red (actual route) line, was so wide it overmarked the map 'official' & 'unofficial' routes.

At a high level of zoom (birds eye view) not a problem to see overall where you are but the problem was when you needed to see if i took a left or right fork on a trail that is barely trodden. I needed to zoom in at a granular level.

But, I couldn't, so it was left to the little blue dot and its pointing arrow to 'test' if i was in the right direction and walk 20 m or so and then see if the arrow was pointing in the right direction.

So, my frage ist, can you make the maps more zoomable into greater detail?

Feedback and Knowledge Base