English | Deutsch

I suggest you ...

Report track / mistakes directly to OpenStreetMap

During my trips I always find paths that are not drawn on the map, I suggest you to create a kind of editor with which you can draw new paths or roads. It is possible to make this or only in personal acconts like a personal note or in a public mode like an indication for everybody.

And More, when I go for a MTB tour I planned, I often find parts of paths or whole paths or singletracks those are rather uncycleable.
I suggest you to add a way to vote any part of a tour or write a note that anybody can read.

Thank you for this amazing app and for your attention.

20 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
SebastianoSebastiano shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Under Review  ·  komoot TeamAdminkomoot Team (Admin, komoot) responded  · 

Hi Sebastiano

thanks a lot for the interesting feedback!

I have changed the idea’s title around a little. Currently you can change and add tracks on OpenStreetMap, where we receive our data from: http://www.openstreetmap.org/

But it’s not possible to pass this on directly via komoot while you are on a Tour. Should there be any changes in the future, we will keep you posted here.

if you want to edit the komoot map, you can make changes on OSM; we’ll use them in our routing from there (it takes 1-3 weeks max at th moment for routing changes to be applied; the changed tracks are visible in the map sooner; usually a day after being entered)

Best regards
Daniela

2 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • OdedOded commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think the original idea by Sebastiano enabling the user to do edits to the tour and plan the tour on unmarked paths is good and actually a must.
    I noticed, and it totally understandable, that the your maps are not always up-to-date with the latest paths in certain regions. However, very often, when I load a gpx file that includes sections on new paths and trails the tour will not accept them and would find alternative paths on roads and trails I do not wish to ride. There is no way to get the tour to the exact path I want. I have to say that some of my riding colleagues decided to stop using Komoot because of this limitation.
    Bedsides this a really enjoy the application and making this change will make it significantly better.
    Thanks
    Oded

• SteFraSteFra commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be very useful to show nodes tagged as "obstacle" (i.e. fallen trees) on the map and consider them in routing.

Feedback and Knowledge Base