English | Deutsch

I suggest you ...

Share tours only with followers / Additional privacy mode

When sharing a planned tour with a friend I'm setting this tour as public which I don't like.

Like in garmin connect it would be useful to have couple of basic privacy settings like:

-private
-shared with my followers (all)
-shared with followerX,Y,Z (selected)
-public

hope it makes sense,
thx

97 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
WaldamerWaldamer shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Under Review  ·  komoot TeamAdminkomoot Team (Admin, komoot) responded  · 

Hello

thanks a lot for this interesting idea!

We’ll see what we can do to implement it. Should there be any plans here, we’ll post a respective update.

Please mind that we are unable to give you exact dates here. If you have entered the idea or voted vor it, you’ll be informed via mail as soon as we have updated the status here.

Best regards
Daniela

3 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • MarcinMarcin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Lack of this possibility is, from my point of view, one of the biggest disadvantages of Komoot. I feel uncomfortable making my tours public. Setting them private, however, wont allow me to share my experiance with people close to me.

As an example Endomondo suits my needs when it comes to privacy protection.

• TravelerTraveler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A 'Friends' category is needed (and ideally the option to create sub-groups of friends),
    and a third sharing setting "visible only to friends" (and ideally the option to share a tour with just one or more friends that might be different for each tour):

I would like to make tours public that are interesting for a wider audience, but I still want to be able to share private tours with a "Friends' group, or ideally also have the option to share each tour with just a small number of different friends.
    Reasons could be:
    - repeated tours (redundant for the world but interesting for friends e.g. because of timekeeping, number of training tours done, cool private photos taken, etc.)
    - very short 'tours' just to show a friend a certain place or photo, etc.

Due to the lack of this key feature I am recording more and more tours with other apps that offer that functionality (even if their interface or other options are less attractive than komoot). And to share these tours I am inviting more and more Komoot-using friends to these other apps, which will probably result in us all migrating to other apps.

Feedback and Knowledge Base