English | Deutsch

I suggest you ...

Display hiking trail / cycling route signs on map.

When plannig a trip it would be helpful if the map would show signs of the official hiking paths (ie Eiffelsteig)
Or take for example in the saxony switzerland: most of the path are labelled by color. Those labels would be very nice to see on the map.

68 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
GabrielGabriel shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Under Review  ·  komoot TeamAdminkomoot Team (Admin, komoot) responded  · 

Hello Gabriel

thanks a lot for this interesting idea!

We’ll see what we can do to implement it. Should there be any plans here, we’ll post a respective update.

Please mind that we are unable to give you exact dates here. If you have entered the idea or voted vor it, you’ll be informed via mail as soon as we have updated the status here.

Best regards
Daniela

3 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Peter van MiltenburgPeter van Miltenburg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please check the app OsmAnd and how they implemented layers, of which Cycle Maps is one of them. The app itself is not very useful on iOS, but it provides the option to add a layer to the base map with the Dutch cycle routes using nodes (fietsknooppunten) for example.

• GitaGita commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I had trouble adding waypoints as there were no visual instruction on how to add one. My husband showed it later. I still haven't figured out how to tell app to use cycle ways.

• Eddie SullivanEddie Sullivan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to be able to find EuroVelo Routes, D-Routes and so forth without having to add GPX files and working my way through them. OpenCycle is one way of seeing them but there must be a way of just entering the cycle route name or number and getting the route (i.e: D-Route 3 gives me the Europaradweg-R1. Or EuroVelo 3 giving me the full pilgrims route).
    That would basically make my life much more enjoyable and I can't be the only one, am I?

Feedback and Knowledge Base