English | Deutsch

Ideas

Do you have suggestions to help us make komoot even better? Please use the search to check whether your idea has already been posted. You can then vote for it!

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Share current location while on a ride

This helps primarily with safety in case you are hurt and cannot move. It also helps communicate with friends who cannot start the ride with you but can catch up at the current location you are.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. add tools for multi-day trips

komoot invests a lot in proposing multi-day tours, such as for crossing the alps.

I just did a 40+ multi-day trip from the Baltic to the Mediterranean and would like to be able to add all the days together easily to see the total stats, such as distance, elevation etc. for the whole journey.
    Also just visualizing the whole journey on one map would be so beautiful and useful for myself and other users.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone

thanks a lot for the feedback!

Completed recordings are a little different from planned Tours, and thus making them editable is not as easy as it might seem. At the moment, we’re not planning any changes here however.

What you can do is replan one of the Tours via “Plan similar”, download it as a GPX file (“Download to GPX device” on the website) and upload it again as a recorded Tour (“Import” on our website) to see the entire track you made.

Best regards
    Daniela

3. Heatmap layer

Please add Heatmap Layer to the maps similar to BikeMap or Strava. This would really help with planning tours.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Matjaz,

this is indeed an interesting idea. But due to the latest updates of our map material, we have already added a few further altitude visualizations (lines, shades and elevation profile of a planned Tour) that should suffice for you to plan the most fitting Tour for your needs.

If we displayed the elevation this drastically, we wouldn’t be able to show map details such as rivers, lakes, streets and meadows as we do now. We therefore are unable to realize the suggestion.

Best regards
    Daniela

4. Importing and exporting tcx files

Importing and exporting tcx files would be the best thing ever. Import to enable voice commands with komoot. Export to enable sending to a gps unit, for visual turn by turn for cycling or hiking. I currently use Ride with GPS to create tcx files for Garmin, but komoot is much better.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello legitlee,

thank you very much for the idea! At the moment we don’t have any plans in that field, but we will bear the idea in mind and let you know in case this should change in the future.

Best regards
    Daniela

5. I want to be able to choose the language of the audio navigation

As I am English, I like everything in English but the american you are using as the navigation audio is absolutely useless at pronunciation of street names and places with anything in Germany/Austria/BeNeLux/France. I think it should be possible to select the language you wish to have for the audio on the navigation. I can do that on my car navigation without much more than a touch of a button. Being able to select German for Germany, maybe Dutch for Holland and so forth, would be amazing as I may be able to actually understand the street names instead of…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone,

that’s an interesting idea. However, to enable such a feature, we would have to switch the language depending on the country you are in to the language spoken in that country – only for the street names, to ensure the rest of the navigation advice remains understandable.

Not all languages are currently supported via text-to-speech on both Android and iOS devices, and the feature itself is a highly complex one. We are therefore at the moment not able to realize it, I am afraid.

Best regards
    Daniela

6. Support Windows with a Universal App

I would like to be able to replace my current planning tool with Komoot but there is a huge problem with this and that is Windows support is missing across the board other than the web browser.

Could you please create a universal touch based app that works across Windows PCs, tablets and phones? This also means devices like the Xbox and the new HoloLens could be supported .

Garmin's BaseCamp is an old dog but still usable and Komoot has the opportunity to corner this market.

82 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello everyone

unfortunately it’s not as easy as it seems to develop an app that works universally and reliably on all systems.

In contrast to magazine or cookbook apps that only make use surface system features, we need to rely and tap into the optimized access of system-specific interfaces (GPS, compass, RAM, background processes, language). To offer you the best possible product, we are therefore currently optimizing our app specifically for the respective systems, at the moment Android and iOS. Only in doing so, we can ensure you are safely guided even without internet connection if you are out in the outdoors.

Only when we are able to meet these standards for another system, in this case Windows, we’ll start developing our app for that one as well. Unfortunately that’s not the case right now, and that’s why we haven’t yet planned a new version optimized for…

7. Include waypoints when exporting as GPX

Background - I use and love to use Komoot to plan my runs and hikes (tramps in New Zealand) but I then export to my devices (GPS, Watch etc) when I use that info.

If I create a tour with a number of waypoints and export the tour as a GPX file, the track breadcrumbs are exported but not the Waypoints. This of course is very annoying as I get to use an awesome planning tool but can't use the data. Currently I need to export from Komoot then import into another tool (Sunnto MovesCount, Garmin BaseCamp) to add the…

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello kiwiant,

thank you again for the interesting idea!

We still have it on our list, but at the moment there are no plans to make any changes to the GPX features. Should this be the case at a later stage, we’ll give you an update here of course!

Best regards
    Daniela

8. Develop a stand alone version for Gear S3

The new Samsung Gear S3 bring GPS to the wrist, making the companion phone app redundant and a battery waste.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Craig

at the moment, a standalone version for the Gear 2 is not planned – if there should be any changes here in the future, we’ll post an update of course!

Best regards
    Daniela

9. Use komoot on the apple watch series 2 without iphone

Now that the new apple watch series 2 has its own in-built GPS, is it an idea to make the app for the apple watch in such a way that you don't need to bring your iphone on a walk?

Cycling apps like Strava now are working on the same principle. Wouldn't it be great to take a walk in the forest without having to bring your phone with you?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Jasper

at the moment, a standalone version for the Apple Watch is not planned – if there should be any changes here in the future, we’ll post an update of course!

Best regards
    Daniela

10. Add a map layer showing elevation colour bands.

When planning routes its difficult to see the high and low points. The terrain map layer is useful for showing bumps, humps and hill etc but not for showing the base level of the bump, hump or hill.

With a map layer showing elevation colour bands the highs, lows and constant levels would be very visual and really assist planning routes.

Thanks
    Patrick

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello

thanks a lot for this interesting idea!

At the moment we’re not able to add another map layer to the available layers you can display on our website. But we’ll of course keep improving the komoot map in the future too.

Best regards
    Daniela

11. region

Offline Region Download browser.
    As it is now in the App, I have to find a town or village with the search feature, then i get the region in what this town is. It would be much more convenient if I could select a Continent, then the country, and then I get all regions it has as a list.
    eg.:
    Europe -> Switzerland -> Zürich
    Nordschweiz
    Bern
    Suisse Romand
    etc. …

I was just having quite a bit of pain, making switzerland, and all its neighbouring regions all available offline on my iPhone.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello everyone

there are no further plans at the moment to further adjust the regions area.

When you are in a region, we’ll always show you the suggested maps for download in the regions area, based on your current location.

When planning tours, you can directly download them to your device, so you are all set for your next adventure, for instance, when going on vacation.

Enter a town name into the region search on the app por our website, and we’ll show you which regions are available here.

Best regards
    Daniela

12. Google Street view

It would nice to click on the tour someplace and go to Google street view so you can then move through the tour.
    Thank-you

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone

we currently don’t have an option to offer further map layers on our website, so there are no plans to integrate this at the moment.

Should there be any changes in the future, we will keep you posted!

Best regards
    Daniela

13. Triathlon Feature

The possibility to set current sport during a recording, the same way that a user can add a photo without stopping the recording.

This would be useful for users who do multiple sports/exercises in one same outing: ride and run for example.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Fernando

thanks a lot for this interesting idea!

As the types of Tours are differentiated based on the sports you use, this idea is not easy to realize and therefore not planned at the moment,

What you can do at the moment is save the Tour as “Other” when you have completed it, and mark the types of sport you used in the comments.

Should we be able to realize it in the future, we’ll give you a respective update here however.

Best regards
    Daniela

14. Intergrate the search facility with Warmshowers network

Have the ability to search for a Warmshowers hosts directly from the map search function.
    Perhaps there could be a setting in the menu that allows you to sign in to your Warmshowers account, then this enables the search function to include Warmshowers hosts.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello everyone

thanks a lot again for this interesting idea! At the moment, there aren’t any plans to incorporate this information to komoot.

Should there be any changes to our plans in the future, we will keep you posted here!

Best regards
    Daniela

15. General forums to exchange ideas with community

The app and website should offer a forums feature, where users can collaborate and contribute information to others, such as technical difficulty of the terrain, places to get food, water or lodging, and general exchange of content within sports topics

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Luis

thanks a lot for this interesting idea! Forums are a nice way to meet other interested users. They also need time and attention to be moderated, which is why we haven’t been able to set this up yet.

If there are any plans in the near future, we will keep you posted however.

If you want to provide other users with useful infos yourself in the meantime, you can save your favorite places on your Tours as Highlights and add photos and tipps to them. That way, other users will be able to use them to plan their Tours. If a user created a Highlight you are interested in, you can click on their Profile picture to get in touch by commenting on their Tours.

Best regards
    Daniela

16. Tracking without Turn by Turn Navigation for Offline Tours (iOS)

I uploaded a tour (GPX file) from another site and set it to offine on Komoot. I wanted to record the ride exactly based on the route but not necessarily run the turn by turn navigation for the sake of battery life. I could not find a way to record the offline route without switching off the turn by turn navigation. So, I started a separate recording. The only way to look at the offline route was to pause the recording and look at it the offline route via the profile menu.This meant I had to click a lot to…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi John

thanks a lot for the idea! That’s currently not possible on the iOS app. Should we make any changes here in the future, we’ll keep you posted here!

Best regards
    Daniela

17. Printing suggestions (web)

Ok so printing is old school but sometimes its needed especially for a reference for something like a trail run or quick reference.

The current print feature is nice and simple. I love how it but I Have a few suggestions which would make it better (for my use at least):
    1. Remove all the borders and white space from the printed output (for more for map)
    2. Option to remove the headings (Komoot, link, name of route)
    3. Option to remove the planned by you
    4. Option to change orientation (some maps just work better in landscape)
    5. Show…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello everyone

thanks a lot for the interesting idea! At the moment we are not planning to make any further changes to our printing view. Should there be any plans in the future, this idea will of course be updated again.

Thanks a lot for your understanding!

Best regards
    Daniela

18. Finland trekking and shelter data

I did an amazing and well marked tour in Lemmenjoki national park, Finland. Komoot said there's nothing there.
    The data from Retkikartta.fi would be great to integrate, and it has paths, shelters, fire places etc.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Sarah

thanks a lot for the great idea! At the moment, we aren’t planning to add further data from other sources. Our material is based on OpenStreetMap, which is constantly expanding:

http://www.openstreetmap.org/

OSM is a great project that enables volunteers worldwide to gather data on streets, railway tracks, rivers, forests, houses and much more. The best about it: everyone can be a part of it. If you wan to add something to the map yourself or have found an error you would like to correct, all you need to do is go to the project’s website, and follow the step-by-step guide. With the next map-update, the data will become available in the komoot-map.

Hint: Use the key combination CTRL (Apple: CMD) + ALT + click on the map with your left mouse button. This will open the OpenStreetMap view in a new tab. From here, you can directly access the…

19. enable downloading all gpx tracks at one time, not just one-by-one

Komoot needs some useful trip management tools.Komoot invests a lot in proposing multi-day tours, such as for crossing the alps.

I just did a 40+ multi-day trip from the Baltic to the Mediterranean and would like to be able to add all the days together easily to see the total stats, such as distance, elevation etc. for the whole journey.
    Also just visualizing the whole journey on one map would be so beautiful and useful.

While this function is missing I am trying to add the gpx files of all the days together.
    I would like to save all the…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone

thanks a lot for the feedback! At the moment, we’re not planning any updates to the GPX download/upload. Should there be any changes in the future, we’ll keep you posted here however!

Best regards
    Daniela

20. Edit track of recorded Tours

allow detailed edit of route taken, or addition of photos/highlights to planned routes. Planned route is always more accurate.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Steve

thanks a lot for the idea! Changes here are currently not planned. The reason for this is that we don’t have the track information in the recording. If you want to edit the tour, you can change it to a planned tour via “Plan similar” on the website. The changed tour can be downloaded and uploaded again via the the “Import” button on the top of the website and then saved as a recorded Tour.

If you want to add photos to a planned Tour, create Highlights on the recorded Tour with your favorite places .These can in turn be used for planning new tours – and your planned tours will then come with photos – example:

https://www.komoot.de/tour/8754339

In case of questions you can reach us under help[at]komoot.de

Best regards
    Daniela

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base