English | Deutsch

Ideas

Do you have suggestions to help us make komoot even better? Please use the search to check whether your idea has already been posted. You can then vote for it!

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Save location

How do i save locations in the app?

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Nick

thanks a lot for your request! Are you referring to POIs in the app or Highlights? Or are these places you come across during a tour and want to mark?

You can reach us under help[at]komoot.de for further assistance!

Best regards
    Daniela

2. fix komoot.de/discover isnot works in Romania

Hello, komoot.de/discover isnot works in Romania.

And why not find my montain bike tours or other people tours in komoot.de/discover ?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Andrej

we probably don’t have enough tours and highlights to suggest to you in Romania yet.

The way our system works: We create our tour suggestions based on the tours and Highlight suggestions of our users. Our system takes the most popular (i.e. most frequently used and best rated) Highlights and parts of a Tour, and creates smart tours that we then show you in the “Discover” interface. Depending on how many active users and how many Highlights in an area, you might get more or less tipps there. The Collections you find in the discover area are tours planned by us, and tailor-made for the respective sports type. Currently we indeed have the most collections in Germany, Austria and Switzerland – but we’re adding new interesting tours continuously, in other regions too.

More about the Highlights and smart tours:

http://help.komoot.de/knowledgebase/articles/503175-highlights-and-smart-tours

Best regards
    Daniela

3. Zoom problem with iOS app on iphone

Hi,
    I use Komoot mainly to orientate and not to navigate. I go to the "plan" tab an use the map to see my GPS position and look at the trails around me.
    When I zoom into the map with a scale more than 150m (for example 50m where the map is still really sharp) the app zooms automatically out and back at 150m . This is really annoying. Is this a bug or am I the only one with this problem?

Best regards
    Patrick Gassler

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Patrick

we cannot at the moment display the higher zoom mode due to the offline map sizes. That’s why we have to zoom back to our max zoom level. We cannot stop the iPhone from going to that higher zoom mode unfortunately.

Best regards
    Daniela

4. Tour bzw. dessen Verlauflinie auf der Mappe auf dem Handy in den Farben der Art (Single Track, Paved, Asphalt, Cycleway ecc.) darstellen

Die geplante Tour bzw. dessen Verlauflinie auf der Mappe auf dem Handy und im Web in den Farben der Art (Single Track, Paved, Asphalt, Cycleway ecc.) darstellen.
    Für mich als (e-)Mountainbiker (auch fürs Akkumanagement aber nicht nur) ist dies sowohl bei der Planung als auch während der Tour sehr wertvoll.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Include National Trails for 1 Click Planning

Hello!

The UK has a really well developed system of national trails. They are all over the country and will soon cover the entire coastline!

They can all be found here: http://www.nationaltrail.co.uk

I've been trying to plan a future trip via one of those trails today on Komoot but it's a real pain rebuilding the national trail paths from scratch on Komoot.

It would be amazing if you just had all the national trails in there already and we could just choose a stretch to do with one click!

What do you think? Are there any workarounds you can think…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello David

thanks a lot for the idea! You can find GPX files of the trails on the website http://www.nationaltrail.co.uk and saved as planned Tours on komoot. Some of them might have to be adjusted depending on whether the routes are available in our data base.

We’re however constantly increasing our collections in our discover interface: https://www.komoot.de/discover

The collections are Highlights/tours created by our team/partners and handpicked by us.
    We might also be adding some of the National trails there as we go along. Keep checking therefore!

Best regards
    Daniela

6. Allow end points to be located based on UK post codes

I look for a location of a campsite or bed and breakfast - but am not able to look for the address of these - often the road is recognised and the first half of the post code but not the house number or the second half of the post code. With a long road this is frustrating and means looking the location up on Google maps and then trying to work out where it is back in Komoot. When planning on the fly when using a phone this is particularly painful. Recognition of house numbers or the full post…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Everyone

we receive our data from OpenStreetMap. http://www.openstreetmap.org/ If you enter the places with all required data there, we can access it and use it for our planning from there.

This won’t happen automatically; we update the data here on a regular basis however.

Best regards
    Daniela

7. Is this a bug?

It says "We’ll try to match the GPS track you’re uploading to our path database" and sometimes it does but mostly it doesn't. I just keep doing it over and over until it works. I have included the track.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Stuart

in this case it might be that most of the track is going via tracks not available in our data base yet, which is why we cannot plan the route via komoot.

The routing can only route you via tracks that are part of our database – and we receive those from OpenStreetMap (http://www.openstreetmap.org/).

Best regards
    Daniela

8. Funktion "speichern"?!

Wenn ich bei euren collections Vorschläge "speichere", dann finde ich die später nirgendwo mehr wieder? Oder übersehe ich da was? Warum sehe ich in meinem Profil nur die von mir gespeicherten Routen, nicht aber die gespeicherten Orte, Campingplätze, Hofläden etc? Dann macht die Funktion "speichern" da leider wenig Sinn.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Reitwege ausschliessen bei Planung von Wanderung

In den Niederlanden gibt es (leider) in manchen Gegenden sehr viele Reitwege. Bei der Planung einer Wanderung bin ich mehrmals in tiefem Sand gelandet und musste mit Hilfe von anderen Apps umplanen.
    Das frustriert, vor allem wen man mit einem schweren Rucksack unterwegs ist.
    Bitte die Reitwege (vor allem in den Niederlanden) an die Karte zufuegen, und ausschliessen bei der Planung von Wanderungen.
    Auch praktisch fuer Reiter: die koennen dan Reit-touren planen.
    Vielen Dank schon mal!
    Gruss,
    Ella

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Report bugs on the map

Recently I encountered multiple bugs in the vectors on the map. To the point that I could not plan (autoroute) my routes. Therefore it would be great to implement an option the report this easily on the map.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Glenn

We receive our data from several sources, one of it is OpenStreetMap.

http://www.openstreetmap.org/

That’s a great project that enables volunteers worldwide to gather data on streets, railway tracks, rivers, forests, houses and much more.

The best about it: everyone can be a part of it. If you wan to add something to the map yourself or have found an error you would like to correct, all you need to do is go to the project’s website, and follow the step-by-step guide. With the next map-update, the data will become available in the komoot-map.

Hint: Use the key combination CTRL (Apple: CMD) + ALT + click on the map with your left mouse button. This will open the OpenStreetMap view in a new tab. From here, you can directly access the editing mode and make changes.

They will be displayed in our app by the next day normally. In our route…

11. please explain why new openstreetmap trails are shown but ignored by the app like here https://en.komoot.de/tour/7441791

Please explain why NEW or UPDATED Openstreetmap trails are displayed by Komoot but are ignored by Komoot like example here https://en.komoot.de/tour/7441791

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello and thanks a lot for your request,

before adding new routing data to komoot, we first verify it from our side. That’s why currently the map view is updated faster than the routing – meaning in some cases when a new trail is added you might not be able to use it for planning yet.

We update our routing regularly, at the moment every 3 weeks. So if the trail has only been added very recently, it will still take a little until we can use it for our routing.

By that quality control we want to ensure there are no errors in the new routing material.

Best regards
    Daniela

12. Prefered road type (Asphalt, Paved, Unpaved, Compacted Gravel)

Would be nice to propose several tours depending on the user's preference : Prefered road type for biking, for instance.

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello everyone,

it’s our aim at komoot, to offer you the best possible route planning for the selected sports type. That’s why we prefer to keep improving our planning for all sports types.

That way, each user, hike, road, touring our mountain biker, will always receive the best possible route for their selected type of sport.

If you are under the impression that our current planning doesn’t give you the best possible route for the type of sport you have chosen, please send us an example.

Only plan the part of the route you’re referring to, and send us both your intended routing and our suggested route planning via the form we created here:

https://docs.google.com/a/komoot.de/forms/d/1NAnE9jMl123yjVSLbhvA4M-wEvbtA6QCTeYrkQdBsBc/viewform

That way, we can keep improving our route planning for all our routable sports bit by bit.

Thank you very much in advance for your feedback!

Best regards
    Daniela

PS: All about tour characteristics and…

13. israel

Israel maps, at least in tel-Aviv area do not recognize street numbers

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello everyone,

Depending on the country or region, the density of available paths on our map may be higher or lower. In some areas, we have much more data in comparison to GoogleMaps, especially in the field of Outdoor sports, in some areas the density is still lower.

Among others, the komoot map data is based on OpenStreetMap, an open source wikipedia for trails. Anyone who feels like it, can sign up and add missing paths or Points of Interest (POIs) to the data base, which makes it increase bit by bit. The data will be added to our map on a regular basis and can ultimately also be used for planning tours.

This also goes for street numbers of course.

To find out more about the project OpenStreetMap or participate yourself, go here: http://www.openstreetmap.org.

Best regards
    Daniela

14. Adding a Userneme & Custom URL

It would be nice if you could a the "username" feature.

Right now the URL to my profile is https://www.komoot.de/user/193460917970 which is rather ugly for sharing.

I would like it to be something like https://www.komoot.de/user/stojadinovicp or even better just https://www.komoot.de/stojadinovicp

This should not be hard to implement, I think :)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Predrag,

we had this right at the beginning. The problem here is that each username has to be unique for this to work. And the more users we have, the harder it will therefore be to have a unique user name.

That is why we switched to the number system. You won’t run into problems having to try to come up with a name that has definitely not yet been used, and you can change your displayed name in your Profile as often as much as you like without running into problems here,

Best regards
    Daniela

15. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello everyone,

Depending on the country or region, the density of available paths on our map may be higher or lower. In some areas, we have much more data in comparison to GoogleMaps, especially in the field of Outdoor sports, in some areas the density is still lower.

Among others, the komoot map data is based on OpenStreetMap, an open source wikipedia for trails. Anyone who feels like it, can sign up and add missing paths or Points of Interest (POIs) to the data base, which makes it increase bit by bit. The data will be added to our map on a regular basis and can ultimately also be used for planning tours.

To find out more about the project OpenStreetMap or participate yourself, go here: http://www.openstreetmap.org.

Best regards
    Daniela

komoot Team
  16. Welcome offer price via Play Store

Hello there,

You sent me an email in relation to a special welcome offer that you currently have running in relation to purchasing your complete package with 10 Euro's off, however, this offer only appears to be available via your website as the app is still asking for the full price.

As much as I would like to take you up on the offer, I will do so only if it can be done via the play store via the app - I don't give my card details to any companies other than a select few and rely on the…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Barry,

thank you for the suggestion!

Unfortunately we are currently not able to offer individualized offers via the Play Store. That is why these are only offered on our website at the moment.

It is however now possible to make purchases on our website via PayPal. The welcome offer may have already expired, but there will surely be other campaigns in the future (rebate campaigns valid for all users are always also valid in the app).

Best regards
    Daniela

17. Check Republic: Maps do not indicate the Elbe Rivers trail (Check national routes 6 and 7) in the Melnik area

Check Republic: Maps do not indicate the Elbe Rivers trail (Check national routes 6 and 7) in the Melnik area

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello everyone,

Best regards
    Daniela

18. Berlin

Berlin: Search cannot find Muskauer strasse

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello everyone,

Best regards
    Daniela

19. 3 regions

When I downloaded the app, the ad said I get 3 free regions, I only got one free region.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

to receive the free region bundle offered via Samsung, you need to download the app via the Samsung Galaxy Store, and create a completely new profile on komoot.

After signing in, you will see a free region-bundle is unlocked aside from your regular free region. You can now search for a city of choice and activate your regions.

If you have proceeded that way and cannot see the offered deal, please use our contact form to get in touch with us.

Best regards
    Daniela

20. more details in maps viewed in App

The map when viewed on the computer is more detailed than the map in the App (view in cell phone)
    Example: In the map on computer i see the camping places marked but in the App its never shown..

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Arun,

if you tap on the magnifying glass icon, you can select different types of POIs (Points of interest) to show up on the map.

Best regards
    Daniela

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base