English | Deutsch

Ideas

Do you have suggestions to help us make komoot even better? Please use the search to check whether your idea has already been posted. You can then vote for it!

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Landscape Mode

It would be nice if landscape mode were activated.

42 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Create ipad app

Hi there, I have a desktop Mac but I mainly use my iPad and iPhone as I'm often not at home- any works in the pipeline for an iPad app? I really like the iPhone one but basically one that was the same but could be used both landscape and portrait on iPads would be great for planning routes as of course there's more screen space.

Cheers!

Josh, London

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone

thanks a lot for the idea! With the latest release of our iOS App, the iPad version of komoot is now available!

best regards
    Daniela

3. Show waypoints on elevation profile

On the Tour page the elevation is shown which is great but it would be nice to also have the ability to see the waypoints on this graph/chart making it easier to see the elevation at various key spots.

Having more data on this graph would add clutter so perhaps something like a zoom link that shows the elevation on a new page with the waypoints added. Would be nice to see the elevation on the waypoints as well to make it clearer rather than looking at the elevation lines.

40 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello everyone

thanks a lot for this interesting idea!

POIs and Highlights you used for planning your Tour are displayed in the elevation profile now in planning as well in navigation mode.

Best regards
    Daniela

4. use komoot also for orientation. So not directly for planning and recording

it would be nice to use komoot also for orientation. So not directly for planning and recording

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Veeni

you can also do that – just open the app in the planning mode and you will see your current location. Tap on the map to make the planning panel disappear (Android) and see the full map.

Best regards
    Daniela

5. Pause does not work

When it pauses the tour seems that the time of the route continues counting, and it does not stop until the stop definitively

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Alberto

let komoot set the pause automatically – in this case we are able to deduct the paused time from the time in motion via GPS. So don’t pause manually, and komoot will pause itself if you don’t move for longer periods of time.

Best wishes
    Daniela

6. Include ferries in routes

When planning routes that include ferries (as marked on the map), the ferry should be included as part of the route.

What is happening right now is the route is calculated by road only, so there is a lot of back tracking to be done within the plan.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone

in general, we are using ferries on komoot.

Among others, we are using the data of Openstreetmap, a type of wikipedia for trails. Everyone can help and add missing paths to that data base, which makes the amount of entered paths and POIs increase bit by bit.

The data will be incorporated into our map on a regular basis and can ultimately also be used for planning tours (at the moment it takes about 1 weeks until the new data is available for route planning).

If the paths displayed on the komoot map cannot be used on our routing or in this case the ferry, it is possible they have either not been correctly connected to the adjoining streets, or you are not allowed to use them via the chosen sport.

To find out more about the project Openstreetmap or participate yourself, go here: http://www.openstreetmap.org. You can…

7. Hello. I purchased the product for 8,99€. But when I plan a route from Dinteloord to Rotterdam it allways chooses a Ferry (from Willemstad t

Hello

I purchased the product. Everytime I want to plan a route from Dinteloord to rotterdam it takes a Ferry. From Willemstad to Numansdorp there is a bridge and NOT a Ferry. This Ferry does not exist!

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Problems with bridges in Copenhagen

When planning tours in Copenhagen, some bridges are impossible to cross. Examples are Inderhavnsbroen (1401 København K) and Bryggebroen (1561 København V).
    The routing algorithm goes to the middle of the bridge, and then continues on the ferry route passing under it! (Quite funny, but not very useful.)
    It would be good if you could do a QA on your data base regarding these points.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Do not confuse movable bridge and ferry crossing

Hi, this short tour leads across a movable bicycle bridge: https://www.komoot.com/tour/15911324?ref=wtd
    But Komoot incorrectly marks it as containing a ferry crossing.
    The OSM tagging is correct.
    Could you correct this?

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Metric system

The site is using some weird, prehistoric measurement system with fingers, feet, miles, knots, versta, attioparsecs, jiffies, microfortnights, whatevers.

It would be so bleeding edge to upgrade to the metric system. Or at least to have a "caveman" and a "modern human" choice. :-)

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. make uploaded tours private by default.

As it is, I can switch private mode to "on" and upload the tour, just to have it public right after uploading.
    It seems to me that the "private" switch isn't evaluated.

If you need more details to reproduce the buff bug, let me know!

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

if you save your Tour as “Private”, that setting is chosen by default when saving your next Tour. This Tour is not visible to anyone but yourself in that case.

Best regards
    Daniela

12. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

you can already import or export GPX-Files.

To upload them, go here: http://www.komoot.de/upload/

Imported files saved as “Planned Tours” can be edited and used as offline Tours with voice navigation on the app. Imported files saved as “Recorded Tours” will appear in your Profile among your completed Tours. You can save them under a date of your choice and add photos and Highlights to the,

You’ll find the download of GPX-Files on our website right below the map of the tour.

More info: http://help.komoot.de/knowledgebase/articles/486300

Beste Regards,
    Daniela

13. EDIT TRACKS DATA

it would be very usefull to edit track info/data and/or redraw track on the map. Sometimes in fact it could happen that the GPS makes mistakes and this could have a great impact on the track on the map and on the summary info/statistics.

Thanks!

56 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

as most of our users were asking for a means to remove accidentally recorded beginnings and endings of tours, we have now introduced our new tour “crop” feature.

If this does not cover your original ideas, please be so kind as to post a new suggestion, and you can then of course vote for it again.

And this is how you can crop a tour:

Click on the tour you wish to edit. Now click on “crop” on the right-hand side, below the tour map. You can now adjust the start/end point of your tour. All parts of the tour that are outside of the marked area (including pictures) will be removed after saving,

Enjoy editing your tours!

Best regards

Daniela

14. Automatically pause trip and resume

As other apps already do, it would be useful to pause the trip when you stop for a few seconds (traffic lights, intersections, talk to a friend, walking in foot ) and resume it automatically when you start again! This because the final speed average would be compromised. Maybe this could be reached simply setting a speed limit, when you run less then that speed it will pause.

165 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Change data displayed on Apple Watch while komoot is running

The app is working well with my new Apple Watch but I wish it gave me options of to display on the Watch ... as a hiker I don't really fuss about pace, but am very interested in distance travelled.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Sandra

thanks a lot for your idea! You can swipe the speedometer to the left during the navigation and have the distance traveled as well as the time remaining displayed.

Best regards
    Daniela

16. COMPLETED TOURS ON THE MAP

Like it happens for the site it would be great to have all my competed tours shown in the map in order to be searchable and reachable easier.

Thanks!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello everyone

with the changes we made to the app this year, the tracking line is now much thicker and easy to see than it used to be. We hope you enjoy it!

Best regards
    Daniela

18. Thick blue route line - thinner or transparent

The main blue line showing the route is too thick and covers the town names and other details - partly transparent or thinner would be much better.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello everyone,

you can fade out the blue line by pressing the key “M” on your keyboard and thus see the street names underneath. Pressing the “H” key fades out the planning menu on the left.

Best regards
    Daniela

19. Automatically turn screen on and off

Create a feature which automatically turns off the phones screen when there are no turns and switch on the display at juntions and announcements.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone

that features is already available in the Android app. Start a tour, tap on the sound icon, then you can choose the feature to wake up the screen before intersection.

Realizing this mode for the iOS app is a bit more more complex (we cannot entirely turn off the screen there). Should there be any changes, we’ll keep you posted here!

best regards
    Daniela

20. Automatically geolocate photographs uploaded after the hike, based on exif data

I generally prefer to take photographs with my camera rather than my phone and later add gps coordinates to each photograph using the recorded gps track. If I could upload these photographs to komoot and get the website to automatically place them in the correct location, that would be perfect. As it is now, I need to manually place each photograph on the map and this is very time consuming, even if I only have a few photographs.

68 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello everyone

if you upload your photos on our website after your Tour, the pictures will be allocated both by the EXIF data (location) as well as the time they were taken in. If they are not automatically located, you can adjust the location of your images manually after with our after-tour wizard.

Best regards
    Daniela

← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base