English | Deutsch

Ideas

Do you have suggestions to help us make komoot even better? Please use the search to check whether your idea has already been posted. You can then vote for it!

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Automatically pause trip and resume

As other apps already do, it would be useful to pause the trip when you stop for a few seconds (traffic lights, intersections, talk to a friend, walking in foot ) and resume it automatically when you start again! This because the final speed average would be compromised. Maybe this could be reached simply setting a speed limit, when you run less then that speed it will pause.

165 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add landscape / widescreen mode

I desperately need that landscape feature to use the app with my handlebar mount. Without the app is useless to me. Unfortunatley, cause it is actually great.

120 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello everyone!

we are happy to announce that the landscape mode is available now on our latest iOS and Android app versions.

Make sure you have the portrait lock on your phones deactivated, so your komoot app will turn as it should when you open the recording interface or start a Tour navigation.

Have fun!

Best regards
    Daniela

3. Display altitude in speedometer / on map during Tour (App)

It would be great to have the altitude info in the tracking info that appear and disappear when you're navigation or tracking and you click on the map. The include information about your speed, time and distance but so far no information about the altitude.

It would be also usefull to have the titude info always shown in one of the map corner even if if I'm not tracking.
    Thanks!

119 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi and thanks a lot for your request!

With the latest iOS and Android releases, the current altitude will be displayed in the speedometer in the navigation mode of our app. Just swipe your speedometer to the side, to get to the altitude display

Best regards
    Daniela

4. Automatically geolocate photographs uploaded after the hike, based on exif data

I generally prefer to take photographs with my camera rather than my phone and later add gps coordinates to each photograph using the recorded gps track. If I could upload these photographs to komoot and get the website to automatically place them in the correct location, that would be perfect. As it is now, I need to manually place each photograph on the map and this is very time consuming, even if I only have a few photographs.

68 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello everyone

if you upload your photos on our website after your Tour, the pictures will be allocated both by the EXIF data (location) as well as the time they were taken in. If they are not automatically located, you can adjust the location of your images manually after with our after-tour wizard.

Best regards
    Daniela

5. PLANNING DIRECTLY ON THE MAP

It would be great to plan creating waypoints directly by pressing on the map. Actually the functionality is already available, but you need to pass through tour planning and then you can add/remove waypoints directly on the map.

It would be also great to have the option to chose a waypoint ''directly on the map'' when planning instead to be forced to input a location or choose the current location.
    Thanks!

66 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello everyone,

by now it is possible to choose the starting point or a waypoint on your Tour on both iOS and Android versions of our app by choosing it directly in the map. Just us the feature “Choose on map” when you are planning a tour and move the marker to the position of your choice.

Best regards
    Danieöa

6. Altitude Profile (in route planning) - gradient colours and zoom

The altitude profile is critical to all bike riding. Presently this is difficult to view on the route planning page.
    1. Expand or zoom would be better to view in detail
    2. Colour coding for different ranges of gradient would be extremely useful

65 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello everyone

thanks a lot for this interesting idea!

On our route planner on the komoot website, you can now select segments of the altitude profile to display more detailed information, such as the elevation in percentage, or the surface at this particular stretch of road. You can also save the selected segment as a separate Tour and thus plan your Tours even better based on their elevation details.

Have fun planning: https://www.komoot.de/plan/

Best regards
    Daniela

7. Plan tour in a loop

When you try to make a hike or bike ride that is a loop, the route keeps trying to cross back over itself. You should have a command that tells Komoot "Don't cross over, keep the route an un-interrupted loop"
    Google maps has the same problem.
    I don't want to retrace my steps I want a LOOP!

58 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello everyone,

the mode back/forth during planning your Tour is specifically targeted to give you the direct way back to your starting point, as the best and fastet option.

We understand your wish to receive a circular route here, but it is unfortunately not realizable in the way you are thinking. Why? We want to be able to suggest you a truly good Tour, and not just draw a random circle on the map.

That’s why we developed our “Smart Tours” that are based on Highlights as well as Tours actually recorded in that region – meaning we only take paths that several users have used and enjoyed before. These Tours are planned as circular round trips – you can either save them as they are, or keep editing them.

To find our suggestions, you either click on a Highlight on our website or the iOS app (coming also on…

8. EDIT TRACKS DATA

it would be very usefull to edit track info/data and/or redraw track on the map. Sometimes in fact it could happen that the GPS makes mistakes and this could have a great impact on the track on the map and on the summary info/statistics.

Thanks!

56 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

as most of our users were asking for a means to remove accidentally recorded beginnings and endings of tours, we have now introduced our new tour “crop” feature.

If this does not cover your original ideas, please be so kind as to post a new suggestion, and you can then of course vote for it again.

And this is how you can crop a tour:

Click on the tour you wish to edit. Now click on “crop” on the right-hand side, below the tour map. You can now adjust the start/end point of your tour. All parts of the tour that are outside of the marked area (including pictures) will be removed after saving,

Enjoy editing your tours!

Best regards

Daniela

9. Import GPX tracks to planned tours

It would be very useful to add planned tours via uploading GPX files.
    Many other hiking sites offer gpx files to download. I would like to add those to the "planned tour" section.
    As of now, imported gpx are added to the "made tour" section by default, which in my case, is simply wrong.
    Thanks in advance!

47 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello everyone,

it is now possible, to use imported GPX files as basis for planned Tours on komoot (https://www.komoot.de/upload).

This means, you can now choose whether you wish to import the file as “planned” or “completed” Tour, and choose the date of files you import as completed Tours yourself.

Please note: this new feature will be released as beta-version, as we cannot guarantee all files found on the internet are routable. Please get in touch with us in case of problems.

Furthermore, we have improved the feature “Plan Another Tour Like This” (to be found on the right-hand side below the overview map of your completed Tours). That means, you can use this feature to use Tours completed on komoot as basis for newly planned Tours, or save already completed Tours as newly planned Tours that way.

Best regards

Daniela

10. include an option to draw the map relative to direction of travel.

The compass of my device is often flaky and therefore not a good alternative.

44 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello everyone

with the latest App update we have worked out a solid solution to this problem that will give you the best possible orientation based on your sports type.

When you open the map view, your current direction will now be indicated by a small triangle if you turn the map (iOS: Tap the direction arrow to activate that mode; will be used automatically with the release after).

If you are on the road with more than 7 km/h, the position marker will turn into an arrow that shows your direction of travel. In addition to this, your map will then be adjusted according to your current driving/running direction based on the GPS signal. If you are getting below the above-mentioned speed, we’ll switch back to compass mode, for best possible orientation.

Thus, you can be sure you always know which direction you’re heading to!

Enjoy!

Best regards
    Daniela

11. make a tour's status changeable (i.e. "Planned" vs "Made")

...because that way, one can use komoot not only for future trips, but also for tours made in past. Not every tour is repeatable, but it would really be nice if even older tours can be "planned" and then marked as already done.
    This is good to keep a history of tours, as well as enable one to write a review of a tour somewhere, using komoot as map.

44 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,
    there currently is no switch to turn your planned tours into completed tours and vice versa. What you can do, however, to turn a planned tour into a completed tour, is export the GPX file of your planned tour and import it after that. The tour will then be saved as a completed tour.
    Best regards
    Daniela

12. Landscape Mode

It would be nice if landscape mode were activated.

42 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Make it easier to resume trips

Sometimes when I make a big break from riding the bike (for example go in a restaurant), I would close GPS and all other network connectivity to save battery. When I resume my trip, komoot has no idea what I was doing before and I have to start the trip manually.

I would suggest having, for example, in the main menu a new item "Resume last trip" when a trip/recording is put on pause. Also, you can show the current trip (which is paused) in the "My Komoot" section. Car navigation systems have this feature and it's very useful.

41 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

This project has recently been completed: when you are stopping now, the android app will automatically be able to determine you are taking a break. Thus, your average speed will also be determined correctly.

And this is how it’s done:
    As the GPS signal doesn’t always give away the position on the dot, the speed will never go down to 0. That’s why we developed an algorhythm that dynamically checks the average speed over a course of several seconds. If it falls under 0.25 meters per second (0.9 km/h), the system will automatically detect a break.

The app will then display the time in move and use it to calculate the exact average speed. Additionally, it is of course still possible to manually pause the tour. These breaks too will be taken into account when calculating the average speed.

A tip for experts:
    If you’re interested in the total duration…

14. Option to turn off Auto-Routing.

I would like to see an option to turn off the Auto-Rerouting feature.

Sometimes I go off track intentionally but would like to keep the original track for reference, being able to eventually return to exactly that track (I often plan to use small trails and paths and the auto-route mostly uses larger tracks, so the rerouted path is mostly not what I want).

41 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello everyone,

you can activate or deactivate the auto-rerouting with every new Tour, or during the Tour too. In the Android app, you find the feature under the loudspeaker icon. In the iOS app, you will find it by tapping the three dots on the bottom right hand side when you have started the recording.

In the Adroid app, you can also permanently deactivate it via the settings (Profile > cogwheels icon > app settings > navigation)

Best regards
    Daniela

15. Show waypoints on elevation profile

On the Tour page the elevation is shown which is great but it would be nice to also have the ability to see the waypoints on this graph/chart making it easier to see the elevation at various key spots.

Having more data on this graph would add clutter so perhaps something like a zoom link that shows the elevation on a new page with the waypoints added. Would be nice to see the elevation on the waypoints as well to make it clearer rather than looking at the elevation lines.

40 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello everyone

thanks a lot for this interesting idea!

POIs and Highlights you used for planning your Tour are displayed in the elevation profile now in planning as well in navigation mode.

Best regards
    Daniela

16. Running Mode

As a runner I often search for new tracks. I want to avoid too much altitude change which is not really included in the Hiking mode.

37 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello everyone,

We have now added “Running” as new routable sport to all our latest app versions and the website, so you can now plan your

Jogging tours with komoot and share your favorite jogging tracks with other komoot users as Highlights.

Have fun!

Best regards
    Daniela

17. Enable voice navigation for uploaded GPX files

I know that voice navigation is not available on recorded tours and GPX files uploaded. A lot of web pages like wikiloc offer GPX track files that can be uploaded, the problem is that you can not follow these tracks with voice navigation. I also would like to repeat made tours with voice navigation enabled.

36 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello everyone,

it is now possible, to use imported GPX files as basis for planned Tours on komoot (https://www.komoot.de/upload).

This means, you can now choose whether you wish to import the file as “planned” or “completed” Tour, and choose the date of files you import as completed Tours yourself.

Please note: this new feature will be released as beta-version, as we cannot guarantee all files found on the internet are routable. Please get in touch with us in case of problems.

Furthermore, we have improved the feature “Plan Another Tour Like This” (to be found on the right-hand side below the overview map of your completed Tours). That means, you can use this feature to use Tours completed on komoot as basis for newly planned Tours, or save already completed Tours as newly planned Tours that way.

Best regards

Daniela

18. It would be handy to add friends to your own tour. In case one forgot its phone.

It would be handy to add friends on komoot to your own tour. In case one forgot its phone (ja, still happens sometimes). After finishing and saving the tour you easily can add a friend. Afterwards it shows up on your friends recording too.
    Greetings

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello everyone,

with the latest updates to app and website, adding friends to Tours is now possible. You can add each other to planned Tours as well as completed ones, who will then appear in your own Profile.

Best regards
    Daniela

19. komoot for Norway, Finland and Sweden and (eastern countrys for example) Ukraine

It would be great to have this app on Windows Phone 8,
    furthermore Norway, Finland and Sweden would be greatly appreciated :) Maybe even the eastern country's for example Ukraine and Russia.
    Greetings

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. TOUR DATE

It would be great to change/input the date of a tour. In fact if you need to upload more than a tour at hte same time (e.g. tour of the past) they will all have the same date. This will also help in classifing and searching your tours.

Thanks!

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello everyone,

thank you very much for the idea!

With the updates to the GPX upload we made in 2015, it is possible to set the date of the Tour you want to save as completed yourself.

Best regards
    Daniela

← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base