English | Deutsch

Ideas

Do you have suggestions to help us make komoot even better? Please use the search to check whether your idea has already been posted. You can then vote for it!

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Make all sports selectable when planning a route / Add more sports for routing

The current setup only allows me to choose hiking, biking (various types), and climbing as activities when I'm planning a route (see attachment). Could this be changed to include all sport options, such as running (all types)?

Thanks,
    Mike

94 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    20 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello everyone,

We have now added “Jogging” as new routable sport to all our latest app versions and the website, so you can now plan your Jogging tours with komoot and share your favorite jogging tracks with other komoot users as Highlights.

Regarding other sports: we only add new sports as routable sports when they can reliably used with our routing and followed with our voice navigation. That’s why we cannot easily make all sport types you can currently use to save your Tour as plannable sports.

We are planning on adding further icons for requested sports here, such as water sports or riding, and will keep you updated when that is the case. When that is the case, you’ll be able to save your recorded Tour as a riding Tour for instance.

Making water sports routable is an entirely different topic, and one we can at the moment not…

2. Searching Tours / Tour search / Tour filter

Tour search / filter in "Discover" interface and my own Tours

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello everyone

thanks a lot for this interesting idea!

On our website, you can now filter your Tour lists by entering a search term (the feature is found on the right hand side when you have opened your Tour menu). If you do that, only the Tours that include that term will be found.

We’ll see what we can do to implement this also in the app versions. Should there be any news, we’ll post a respective update.

Please mind that we are unable to give you exact dates here. If you have entered the idea or voted vor it, you’ll be informed via mail as soon as we have updated the status here.

Best regards
    Daniela

3. Intuitive Highlights / Add Highlight during a Tour

This feature already exists in the app, but I think it can be improved and made more intuitive.

I think it makes more sense for users to create highlights while on a tour (the same way they add a photo of something they like) and not after the 'wow!' experience has passed.

After the tour is a moment most suited to edit and polish the highlights.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello everyone,

thank you very much for the interesting idea!

With our latest Androud app version (6.9). we have updated the process of saving Tours, including that of saving Highlights created on them and using the photos you took during your Tour for that.

We’ll see whether it is possible to further update that system with future updates of our app, and will keep you posted here.

Best regards
    Daniela

4. Offline maps without planning

Let's have offline maps without planning. Sometimes you want choose your own route or a trail not on Komoot maps.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello David,

in most regions, that is already possible (all of Europe except for Iceland, the USA and New Zealand for instance).

We have some countries in which we are currently not able to offer regions, which is why we enable you to download planned Tours in that case.

Best regards
    Daniela

5. Show map layer with user photos

When I am planning a trip I like to look at photos of an area on Google earth. Is there a way you could have a layer which includes photos from either Google earth or photos posted from other Komoot users?

If we could upload photos, it might help to show interesting areas or technical sections or even difficult to find places. Photos need to be rated at least yearly to stay on Komoot so that useless photos do not clutter the screen. Only useful photos about the area remain.

A photo can really help plan a trip. You can…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Nailsnglue,

the feature you are asking for is already in part available with our highlights. As a komoot-user, you can mark specific highlights on a tour you made and add photos and tips to them. These highlights are then suggested to all users, who are planning tours in that area, and they can mark them as favorites and add them to their own tours. Using these highlights, you can now on the web-version of komoot make use of our “smart tours”: you choose a highlight, and our system suggests tours including that highlight.

Got more questions about photos and highlights? Send us a mailt to help@komoot.de.

Best regards

Daniela

6. Offer Georgia, Abkhazia and Osetia as countries

FIX map there is no abhkazia and osetia country fix plz or i contact my goverment for this

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Nikoloz

we are continuously making more countries available for offline tour planning, and will be adding your regions in the long run as well.

We’ll update this idea when we are done. When that is the case, you will be able to plan tours and download them to your phone in the app for offline usage.

Best regards
    Daniela

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base