English | Deutsch

Ideas

Do you have suggestions to help us make komoot even better? Please use the search to check whether your idea has already been posted. You can then vote for it!

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Optimize location of compass button (iOS App)

When navigating the 'compass arrow button' and the ... buttons are really close together. If you are saving battery by having the grey compass arrow you sometimes want to see where you are - for example if the audio instructions are not clear. With the buttons this close together its very easy to hit the ... button rather than the compass button. Moving the compass button to the top of the map would help avoid this.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Westy

thanks a lot for your feedback

We’ll see what we can do to implement it. Should there be any plans here, we’ll post a respective update.

Please mind that we are unable to give you exact dates here. If you have entered the idea or voted vor it, you’ll be informed via mail as soon as we have updated the status here.

Best regards
    Daniela

2. Having the map of tours on the tours page

Hi again :)
    I would love to have the same map from the dashboard page on the tours page.
    Why?
    On the dashboard map, I see all my planed and completed tours.
    On the tours page a map on the right could show only the tours using the same filter as the selection for the list (all tours, planned or completed tours as well as sport type). It would be easier to find some tours that we did or planned without having to try randomly to click on them on the dashboard.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello

thanks a lot for this interesting idea!

We’ll see what we can do to implement it. Should there be any plans here, we’ll post a respective update.

Please mind that we are unable to give you exact dates here. If you have entered the idea or voted vor it, you’ll be informed via mail as soon as we have updated the status here.

Best regards
    Daniela

3. Order Tours by difficulty / stamina

It would be great to have in the app and in the site the option to classify each tour by inputing difficulty, stamina, panorama, and others marks and link all of them outputing automatically one of the 3 category by difficulty (blu, red or black). 

It would be also good to order my tours in the app by different catagory (date, duration, etc.) like it happens in the site and have at least one small icon (or if the picture is not available the map of the track) as a tag/cover for each line of the result to help identify…

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello everyone

Best regards
    Daniela

4. Hands-free cycling mode on Gear S2

I want to be able to see a rotating summary of trip info at a glance on my smart watch whilst I am still cycling so that I don't have to stop or use my free hand to press any buttons which is dangerous.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Kimchioo,

thank you very much for your idea! We will try to take it into consideration for further updates of the gear app.

I cannot at the moment give you a precise date as to when that will be the case, but we will keep you posted via email here.

Best regards
    Daniela

5. Connect komoot to Wahoo

Any plans to link this to the wahoo head unit. Would be great for the MTB

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Mark

There are no definite plans here at the moment, but should that be the case, we’ll keep you posted and will send you a respective update.

Best regards
    Daniela

6. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello

We’ll take a look at it. Should there be any plans here, we’ll post a respective update.

Best regards
    Daniela

7. Show map preview and tour summary in Facebook posts

When I share my tour on facebook it is shared with the komoot service description and:
    – tour type icon (e.g. bicycle) if I didn't take any photos
    or
    – one of the photos I took, which I can select form a subset of the photos

I would like the post to include some kind of tour summary (e.g. biked 30km in 2 hours) and a preview of the tour on the map – that will be more informative for my facebook friends.
    On the other hand, photo as the post preview is a nice feature too – maybe this…

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello everyone

Best regards
    Daniela

8. Add country priority in place search / Show addresses in your country first

Have a country priority. If I am in Switzerland, I want location in Switzerland proposed first. There should be a text box for the country in which I want to plan a tour.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello everyone

Best regards
    Daniela

9. SHOW PICTURE IN THE MAP

It would be great to have the pictures shown (intead of the camera icon) directly in the map; the functionality is already available in the app because it is shown when saving the trip the first time.
    Thanks

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Andrea

Best regards
    Daniela

10. Color Codes for Komoot Outdoor map

The 'Komoot Outdoor' map is great. However, in the zoomed mode it is hard to distinguish the roads (K and L Strasse) from the main hike/bike trails. The width is different but both are white. You've done a good job to distinguish single trails (black) from the main hike/bike trails. It would be good to choose another color for the K and L Strasse.

65 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under Review  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Train journeys / Include train rides in Tours

I am currently planning a 3 week trip which includes train journeys. It would be helpful to mark the train trips. I can do separate maps for each cycle leg but if you do this you cannot see the entire trip on one screen / map. Please can you have a train, car bus, plane transport option? This could be represented by a straight line in different colour.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello everyone

Best regards
    Daniela

12. Allow export to MapMyRun and MovesCount

It would be great is Komoot could be connected to services such as the Microsoft Band, Suunto's MovesCount and the MapMyFitness sites and allow routes to be sent to these services.

The current process required a manual export and import which works but requires extra steps.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello everyone

Best regards
    Daniela

13. Find / Search User Tours in "Discover" area

I've seen the button "private/public", but when I upload a tour and make it public, it can not be found amongst the tours in the "discover" area on your website. It would be great to be able to share tours with all users in the komoot community (like wikiloc does for example)

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Dieter

in the discover area (https://www.komoot.de/discover), you can currently only find the tours we’ve created based on our users’ recordings and Highlight suggestions. The reason for that is that we want to make sure the content is verified, and indeed recommendable. Our system only creates these tours when the tracks have indeed used by several users already.

Not all users might also want to find their tours in our search – that’s why at the moment there is no direct user-tour search on komoot. Should there be any changes, we’ll keep you posted!

Best regards
    Daniela

14. Add sticky notes / comments to waypoints

Each waypoint when you click on it needs to have an area for writing a sticky note. eg. accommodation notes, things yet do do.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello everyone

Best regards
    Daniela

15. Facebook groups by region

It could be nice to have Facebook groups by region, in order to share tours "locally". For example, since I live in north of Italy I would like to register to the "Komoot North Italy Group" in Facebook. In this group we could see all the tours for the region we are close to.
    It should be like the "strava clubs", available in facebook on a country basis.

Thanks,
    Andrea

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Andrea

We’ll see what we can about that. Should there be any plans here, we’ll post a respective update.

Best regards
    Daniela

16. History of searched places (app / Website)

A bit like this idea: http://help.komoot.de/forums/213895-ideas/suggestions/5740882-have-a-country-priority#comments
    It would be great that the search box remember the most used places.
    I always start my tour from home or work and it would be easier if when I press E or P it would directly propose me Epinoux or Provence.
    For example, as a fanatic user of Komoot, you press k in Chrome and the first proposition is komoot website ;)

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello everyone

Best regards
    Daniela

17. Garmin connect GPX files werden in komoot inkorrekt importiert.

Garmin connect GPX files werden in komoot inkorrekt importiert. GPSies kann es und ist derzeit die einzige Möglichkeit, etwas - viel zu kompliziert - nach komoot zu übertragen. Warum ist diese Umweg Garmin connect GPX files werden in komoot inkorrekt importiert.
    Bitte fixed das. GPSies kann es, dann könnt ihr es auch.

Gruß Ralf

Das komoot Voting finde ich nicht wirklich zielführend.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Enable photo rotation

Enable photo rotation of uploaded photos

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Vilda

our developers are looking into means to display the photos in their correct angle when uploaded (that means: upright) which means in that case you won’t have to rotate them anymore.

In the meantime, a way to ensure they show up vertically instead of horizontally would be to upload them to a website that lets you edit images, turn them by 90 degrees and download them again. If you then upload them on our website, they will be displayed correctly.

We will however keep you posted when we have found a permanent solution here.

Best regards
    Daniela

19. Make application settings easier to find

You currently have to go into your profile to change the application settings. This is not easy to find. A menu button should be visible on the main screen (and older Android devices should react to the menu button), and the menu should have an entry for the application settings. This is common for Android apps.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello everyone

Best regards
    Daniela

20. Minor Bug

When you are following a tour you have at the top of the screen four options. Current/Average speed, Distance travelled/remaining, Time in motion/remaining and elevation profile.
    If you display the elevation profile the blue dot is in the fourth position. If press the home key to leave the app temporarily, when you return, you are no longer shown the elevation profile but the blue dot is still in the fourth position.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Winstanr,

I can confirm this – thanks a lot!

Our developers will take a look at this error, and we’ll keep you updated here.

Best regards
    Daniela

1 3 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base