English | Deutsch

Ideas

Do you have suggestions to help us make komoot even better? Please use the search to check whether your idea has already been posted. You can then vote for it!

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Connection with Facebook and Google+

Connect the Komoot user with the Facebook and Google+ users, in order to be alerted when a new post from Komoot is related to a user tour.

For example: when this https://plus.google.com/+komoot/posts/MhYPu416RKd from Komoot has been posted, I would like to be notified via Google+.

Having this type of connection could be useful in order to spread better the tour via social networks.

Thanks,
    Andrea

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Andrea

thanks a lot for this interesting idea!

We’ll see what we can do to implement it. Should there be any plans here, we’ll post a respective update.

Please mind that we are unable to give you exact dates here. If you have entered the idea or voted vor it, you’ll be informed via mail as soon as we have updated the status here.

Best regards
    Daniela

2. Discover: Filter tours by distance / elevation

I'd like to filter tours on path length and altitude difference in the discover tab, e.g. "get all hiking tours > 25km and < 35km with at least 1200Hm

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello

We’ll see what we can do to implement it. Should there be any plans here, we’ll post a respective update.

Please mind that we are unable to give you exact dates here. If you have entered the idea or voted vor it, you’ll be informed via mail as soon as we have updated the status here.

Best regards
    Daniela

3. Add next junction / action to voiceover

The current voice navigation tells you something like "follow this way for x meters". I would like to know what happens after x meters.
    It would be awesome if it could say something like:
    "follow this way for x meters and then turn right" So I can look out for a junction or a path. Especially if you are in the forrest and the paths are not so obvious the voice navigation sometimes is to late so it would be awesome to know the next step in advance

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Gabriel

Best regards
    Daniela

4. Turn maps by 360 degrees

It would be great to make the maps turnable 360 degrees in order to see a tour from different or more familiar perspective.

Thanks!

50 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello everyone

Best regards
    Daniela

5. Compass

Hello dear Komoot staff,
    is it possible to have a compass into the map? Sorry if I was not able to find it if you have already put that.
    Thanks for your wonderful app, the best research and itinerary selection for a trekking app. Top!

Nick

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Nicky

thanks a lot for this interesting idea and the praise!

There’s no compass yet; We’ll see what we can do to implement it. Should there be any plans here, we’ll post a respective update.

Best regards
    Daniela

6. Show pace on plan page and list of tours

On the Plan page there is the Fitness slider to help set the speed over the terrain. It would be great if the pace was shown as often I know what sort of pace I can do over certain terrain.

An option to set the pace manually might also be good.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello kiwiant

Best regards
    Daniela

7. using route relations from OSM to visualize trails (biking, hiking, etc)

Can you pls add marked trails to the map from OSM (from OSM route relations) best using cosmic:symbol, colour, etc)? There could be also option to prefer marked trails (but only as option) and selection of the type like bike, hiking trail, etc.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Amorgos

What he have changed with updates already (that’s not what is requested here, but might be interesting to you regardless): single trails are now marked on the map according to their difficulty, (such as S1, S2), and you can see this on the map in the app and on the website. We are also now displaying fences and barriers directly on the map.

Best regards
    Daniela

8. Optimize location of compass button (iOS App)

When navigating the 'compass arrow button' and the ... buttons are really close together. If you are saving battery by having the grey compass arrow you sometimes want to see where you are - for example if the audio instructions are not clear. With the buttons this close together its very easy to hit the ... button rather than the compass button. Moving the compass button to the top of the map would help avoid this.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Westy

thanks a lot for your feedback

Best regards
    Daniela

9. Order Tours by difficulty / stamina

It would be great to have in the app and in the site the option to classify each tour by inputing difficulty, stamina, panorama, and others marks and link all of them outputing automatically one of the 3 category by difficulty (blu, red or black). 

It would be also good to order my tours in the app by different catagory (date, duration, etc.) like it happens in the site and have at least one small icon (or if the picture is not available the map of the track) as a tag/cover for each line of the result to help identify…

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello everyone

Best regards
    Daniela

10. Hands-free cycling mode on Gear S2

I want to be able to see a rotating summary of trip info at a glance on my smart watch whilst I am still cycling so that I don't have to stop or use my free hand to press any buttons which is dangerous.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Kimchioo,

thank you very much for your idea! We will try to take it into consideration for further updates of the gear app.

I cannot at the moment give you a precise date as to when that will be the case, but we will keep you posted via email here.

Best regards
    Daniela

11. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello

We’ll take a look at it. Should there be any plans here, we’ll post a respective update.

Best regards
    Daniela

12. Show map preview and tour summary in Facebook posts

When I share my tour on facebook it is shared with the komoot service description and:
    – tour type icon (e.g. bicycle) if I didn't take any photos
    or
    – one of the photos I took, which I can select form a subset of the photos

I would like the post to include some kind of tour summary (e.g. biked 30km in 2 hours) and a preview of the tour on the map – that will be more informative for my facebook friends.
    On the other hand, photo as the post preview is a nice feature too – maybe this…

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello everyone

Best regards
    Daniela

13. Add country priority in place search / Show addresses in your country first

Have a country priority. If I am in Switzerland, I want location in Switzerland proposed first. There should be a text box for the country in which I want to plan a tour.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello everyone

Best regards
    Daniela

14. Train journeys / Include train rides in Tours

I am currently planning a 3 week trip which includes train journeys. It would be helpful to mark the train trips. I can do separate maps for each cycle leg but if you do this you cannot see the entire trip on one screen / map. Please can you have a train, car bus, plane transport option? This could be represented by a straight line in different colour.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello everyone

Best regards
    Daniela

15. History of searched places (app / Website)

A bit like this idea: http://help.komoot.de/forums/213895-ideas/suggestions/5740882-have-a-country-priority#comments
    It would be great that the search box remember the most used places.
    I always start my tour from home or work and it would be easier if when I press E or P it would directly propose me Epinoux or Provence.
    For example, as a fanatic user of Komoot, you press k in Chrome and the first proposition is komoot website ;)

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello everyone

Best regards
    Daniela

16. Enable photo rotation

Enable photo rotation of uploaded photos

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Vilda

our developers are looking into means to display the photos in their correct angle when uploaded (that means: upright) which means in that case you won’t have to rotate them anymore.

In the meantime, a way to ensure they show up vertically instead of horizontally would be to upload them to a website that lets you edit images, turn them by 90 degrees and download them again. If you then upload them on our website, they will be displayed correctly.

We will however keep you posted when we have found a permanent solution here.

Best regards
    Daniela

17. Make application settings easier to find

You currently have to go into your profile to change the application settings. This is not easy to find. A menu button should be visible on the main screen (and older Android devices should react to the menu button), and the menu should have an entry for the application settings. This is common for Android apps.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello everyone

Best regards
    Daniela

18. Minor Bug

When you are following a tour you have at the top of the screen four options. Current/Average speed, Distance travelled/remaining, Time in motion/remaining and elevation profile.
    If you display the elevation profile the blue dot is in the fourth position. If press the home key to leave the app temporarily, when you return, you are no longer shown the elevation profile but the blue dot is still in the fourth position.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Winstanr,

I can confirm this – thanks a lot!

Our developers will take a look at this error, and we’ll keep you updated here.

Best regards
    Daniela

1 3 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base