English | Deutsch

Ideas

Do you have suggestions to help us make komoot even better? Please use the search to check whether your idea has already been posted. You can then vote for it!

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Show map preview and tour summary in Facebook posts

When I share my tour on facebook it is shared with the komoot service description and:
    – tour type icon (e.g. bicycle) if I didn't take any photos
    or
    – one of the photos I took, which I can select form a subset of the photos

I would like the post to include some kind of tour summary (e.g. biked 30km in 2 hours) and a preview of the tour on the map – that will be more informative for my facebook friends.
    On the other hand, photo as the post preview is a nice feature too – maybe this…

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello everyone

thanks a lot for this interesting idea!

We’ll see what we can do to implement it. Should there be any plans here, we’ll post a respective update.

Please mind that we are unable to give you exact dates here. If you have entered the idea or voted vor it, you’ll be informed via mail as soon as we have updated the status here.

Best regards
    Daniela

2. Add country priority in place search / Show addresses in your country first

Have a country priority. If I am in Switzerland, I want location in Switzerland proposed first. There should be a text box for the country in which I want to plan a tour.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello everyone

We’ll see what we can do to implement it. Should there be any plans here, we’ll post a respective update.

Please mind that we are unable to give you exact dates here. If you have entered the idea or voted vor it, you’ll be informed via mail as soon as we have updated the status here.

Best regards
    Daniela

3. Make POIs / Highlights available offline

When you download your route, It would be nice to also be able to search an area around the route for things like camp sites, attractions etc whilst off-line.

In particular I think that using this feature for finding accommodation would be most useful.

Perhaps the area that is downloaded could be an adjustable area, say a range from 1 to 20 miles surrounding the planned route. Also including the option to select where that info is downloaded to (internal or external storage on smart device)

49 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Chris

Best regards
    Daniela

4. Discover: Filter tours by distance / elevation

I'd like to filter tours on path length and altitude difference in the discover tab, e.g. "get all hiking tours > 25km and < 35km with at least 1200Hm

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello

Best regards
    Daniela

5. SHOW PICTURE IN THE MAP

It would be great to have the pictures shown (intead of the camera icon) directly in the map; the functionality is already available in the app because it is shown when saving the trip the first time.
    Thanks

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Andrea

Best regards
    Daniela

6. Mark / highlight roads in different colors

I have a very specific idea, which I haven't seen in any cycling app I know: Coloring roads. For example, I have a forest nearby in which some trails are great, some are terrible - I'd like to mark the former in green on the map, the latter in red, so that I know which roads & trails to avoid when planning my next route. Is there any chance of something like this happening?

An alternative would be to simply add notes, but other than an old topic (link below) I haven't found anything on this.
    http://help.komoot.de/forums/213895-ideas/suggestions/6790057-add-sticky-notes

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello

Best regards
    Daniela

7. Color Codes for Komoot Outdoor map

The 'Komoot Outdoor' map is great. However, in the zoomed mode it is hard to distinguish the roads (K and L Strasse) from the main hike/bike trails. The width is different but both are white. You've done a good job to distinguish single trails (black) from the main hike/bike trails. It would be good to choose another color for the K and L Strasse.

65 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under Review  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Train journeys / Include train rides in Tours

I am currently planning a 3 week trip which includes train journeys. It would be helpful to mark the train trips. I can do separate maps for each cycle leg but if you do this you cannot see the entire trip on one screen / map. Please can you have a train, car bus, plane transport option? This could be represented by a straight line in different colour.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello everyone

Best regards
    Daniela

9. Allow export to MapMyRun and MovesCount

It would be great is Komoot could be connected to services such as the Microsoft Band, Suunto's MovesCount and the MapMyFitness sites and allow routes to be sent to these services.

The current process required a manual export and import which works but requires extra steps.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello everyone

Best regards
    Daniela

10. Display SAC difficulty in colors

It would be great to visualise the SAC difficulty of planned tours by colour. This allows for quick assessment of the overall SAC difficulty, e.g. red for SAC 6 and green for SAC 1

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Glenn

Best regards
    Daniela

11. Find / Search User Tours in "Discover" area

I've seen the button "private/public", but when I upload a tour and make it public, it can not be found amongst the tours in the "discover" area on your website. It would be great to be able to share tours with all users in the komoot community (like wikiloc does for example)

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Dieter

in the discover area (https://www.komoot.de/discover), you can currently only find the tours we’ve created based on our users’ recordings and Highlight suggestions. The reason for that is that we want to make sure the content is verified, and indeed recommendable. Our system only creates these tours when the tracks have indeed used by several users already.

Not all users might also want to find their tours in our search – that’s why at the moment there is no direct user-tour search on komoot. Should there be any changes, we’ll keep you posted!

Best regards
    Daniela

12. Add sticky notes / comments to waypoints

Each waypoint when you click on it needs to have an area for writing a sticky note. eg. accommodation notes, things yet do do.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello everyone

Best regards
    Daniela

13. Facebook groups by region

It could be nice to have Facebook groups by region, in order to share tours "locally". For example, since I live in north of Italy I would like to register to the "Komoot North Italy Group" in Facebook. In this group we could see all the tours for the region we are close to.
    It should be like the "strava clubs", available in facebook on a country basis.

Thanks,
    Andrea

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Andrea

We’ll see what we can about that. Should there be any plans here, we’ll post a respective update.

Best regards
    Daniela

14. Link completed tour to planned tour

As an example, some weeks ago I made a walk (https://www.komoot.de/tour/7359443) based on a tour that I planned a previously (https://www.komoot.de/tour/7336583). I would like to somehow associate both of them, so that I could mention that the planned tour was indeed completed and not having two completed different entries for the same path. I think that something like a tag, a flag system, or a relational field providing the link between both database entries would do the trick.
    I can imagine that the fact that only planned tours are supported for navigation can be an issue.…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Victor

Best regards
    Daniela

15. History of searched places (app / Website)

A bit like this idea: http://help.komoot.de/forums/213895-ideas/suggestions/5740882-have-a-country-priority#comments
    It would be great that the search box remember the most used places.
    I always start my tour from home or work and it would be easier if when I press E or P it would directly propose me Epinoux or Provence.
    For example, as a fanatic user of Komoot, you press k in Chrome and the first proposition is komoot website ;)

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello everyone

Best regards
    Daniela

16. Add voice commands/beeps to Apple Watch navigation

Sometimes the vibrations alerting you about the change of direction are very subtle on the hand. Is it possible to get also beeps or voice commands, which are available on the phone? Normally I have the iPhone in the bag, off of my eyes, riding just with watches on my left hand.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Bohdik

Best regards
    Daniela

17. Garmin connect GPX files werden in komoot inkorrekt importiert.

Garmin connect GPX files werden in komoot inkorrekt importiert. GPSies kann es und ist derzeit die einzige Möglichkeit, etwas - viel zu kompliziert - nach komoot zu übertragen. Warum ist diese Umweg Garmin connect GPX files werden in komoot inkorrekt importiert.
    Bitte fixed das. GPSies kann es, dann könnt ihr es auch.

Gruß Ralf

Das komoot Voting finde ich nicht wirklich zielführend.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Enable photo rotation

Enable photo rotation of uploaded photos

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Vilda

our developers are looking into means to display the photos in their correct angle when uploaded (that means: upright) which means in that case you won’t have to rotate them anymore.

In the meantime, a way to ensure they show up vertically instead of horizontally would be to upload them to a website that lets you edit images, turn them by 90 degrees and download them again. If you then upload them on our website, they will be displayed correctly.

We will however keep you posted when we have found a permanent solution here.

Best regards
    Daniela

19. Make application settings easier to find

You currently have to go into your profile to change the application settings. This is not easy to find. A menu button should be visible on the main screen (and older Android devices should react to the menu button), and the menu should have an entry for the application settings. This is common for Android apps.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello everyone

Best regards
    Daniela

20. Minor Bug

When you are following a tour you have at the top of the screen four options. Current/Average speed, Distance travelled/remaining, Time in motion/remaining and elevation profile.
    If you display the elevation profile the blue dot is in the fourth position. If press the home key to leave the app temporarily, when you return, you are no longer shown the elevation profile but the blue dot is still in the fourth position.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Winstanr,

I can confirm this – thanks a lot!

Our developers will take a look at this error, and we’ll keep you updated here.

Best regards
    Daniela

1 3 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base