English | Deutsch

Ideas

Do you have suggestions to help us make komoot even better? Please use the search to check whether your idea has already been posted. You can then vote for it!

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Merge two recorded activities / tours

Sometimes I need to divide the tour in multiple parts (i.e the app crashes or something like that) and it would be nice to merge these in the webinterface

80 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello everyone

thanks a lot for this interesting idea!

We’ll see what we can do to implement it. Should there be any plans here, we’ll post a respective update.

Please mind that we are unable to give you exact dates here. If you have entered the idea or voted vor it, you’ll be informed via mail as soon as we have updated the status here.

Best regards
    Daniela

2. Upload Tours / Pictures only with WIFI connection

This saves network traffic while on the road.

81 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Collections for everybody!

Could be great group several tours in one collection. At the moment only komoot staff can do it.

Regards

Marcello

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Marcello

We’ll see what we can do to implement it. Should there be any plans here, we’ll post a respective update.

Please mind that we are unable to give you exact dates here. If you have entered the idea or voted vor it, you’ll be informed via mail as soon as we have updated the status here.

Best regards
    Daniela

4. Dutch version of komoot

Just like for Spanish, Italian and other languages.
    Why not use the help from users for translation
    and eventually the use of text to speech?

46 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

we are as yet unable to able to offer komoot in other languages than in German and English. We are looking into further solutions at the moment and hope to be able to provide komoot in other languages in the future. We can’t make any promises yet, but we will keep you updated on our progress if you vote on this idea.

Kind regards,
    Daniela

5. Compass

Hello dear Komoot staff,
    is it possible to have a compass into the map? Sorry if I was not able to find it if you have already put that.
    Thanks for your wonderful app, the best research and itinerary selection for a trekking app. Top!

Nick

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Nicky

thanks a lot for this interesting idea and the praise!

There’s no compass yet; We’ll see what we can do to implement it. Should there be any plans here, we’ll post a respective update.

Best regards
    Daniela

6. Show pace on plan page and list of tours

On the Plan page there is the Fitness slider to help set the speed over the terrain. It would be great if the pace was shown as often I know what sort of pace I can do over certain terrain.

An option to set the pace manually might also be good.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello kiwiant

Best regards
    Daniela

7. using route relations from OSM to visualize trails (biking, hiking, etc)

Can you pls add marked trails to the map from OSM (from OSM route relations) best using cosmic:symbol, colour, etc)? There could be also option to prefer marked trails (but only as option) and selection of the type like bike, hiking trail, etc.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Amorgos

What he have changed with updates already (that’s not what is requested here, but might be interesting to you regardless): single trails are now marked on the map according to their difficulty, (such as S1, S2), and you can see this on the map in the app and on the website. We are also now displaying fences and barriers directly on the map.

Best regards
    Daniela

8. Share tours only with followers / Additional privacy mode

When sharing a planned tour with a friend I'm setting this tour as public which I don't like.

Like in garmin connect it would be useful to have couple of basic privacy settings like:

-private
    -shared with my followers (all)
    -shared with followerX,Y,Z (selected)
    -public

hope it makes sense,
    thx

72 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello

Best regards
    Daniela

9. Add next junction / action to voiceover

The current voice navigation tells you something like "follow this way for x meters". I would like to know what happens after x meters.
    It would be awesome if it could say something like:
    "follow this way for x meters and then turn right" So I can look out for a junction or a path. Especially if you are in the forrest and the paths are not so obvious the voice navigation sometimes is to late so it would be awesome to know the next step in advance

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Gabriel

Best regards
    Daniela

10. Optimize location of compass button (iOS App)

When navigating the 'compass arrow button' and the ... buttons are really close together. If you are saving battery by having the grey compass arrow you sometimes want to see where you are - for example if the audio instructions are not clear. With the buttons this close together its very easy to hit the ... button rather than the compass button. Moving the compass button to the top of the map would help avoid this.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Westy

thanks a lot for your feedback

Best regards
    Daniela

11. Having the map of tours on the tours page

Hi again :)
    I would love to have the same map from the dashboard page on the tours page.
    Why?
    On the dashboard map, I see all my planed and completed tours.
    On the tours page a map on the right could show only the tours using the same filter as the selection for the list (all tours, planned or completed tours as well as sport type). It would be easier to find some tours that we did or planned without having to try randomly to click on them on the dashboard.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello

Best regards
    Daniela

12. Order Tours by difficulty / stamina

It would be great to have in the app and in the site the option to classify each tour by inputing difficulty, stamina, panorama, and others marks and link all of them outputing automatically one of the 3 category by difficulty (blu, red or black). 

It would be also good to order my tours in the app by different catagory (date, duration, etc.) like it happens in the site and have at least one small icon (or if the picture is not available the map of the track) as a tag/cover for each line of the result to help identify…

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello everyone

Best regards
    Daniela

13. Turn maps by 360 degrees

It would be great to make the maps turnable 360 degrees in order to see a tour from different or more familiar perspective.

Thanks!

47 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello everyone

Best regards
    Daniela

14. Planned tour time calculated on my historical data

What I really miss in a tour planner is something that can give me an accurate expected time. I see that there is a fitness level slider to chose from “couch potato” to “pro” and this is a good solution.
    What about adding a custom profile based on my historical data to increase the accuracy? This could be done using the completed tours or importing and tagging with a sport, then this tours could be processed to create some customized routing profiles: one for each sport processed (I played a bit with graphhopper https://github.com/graphhopper/graphhopper/blob/0.6/docs/core/create-new-flagencoder.md to create my custom hiking profile) …

55 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello everyone

Best regards
    Daniela

15. Hands-free cycling mode on Gear S2

I want to be able to see a rotating summary of trip info at a glance on my smart watch whilst I am still cycling so that I don't have to stop or use my free hand to press any buttons which is dangerous.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Kimchioo,

thank you very much for your idea! We will try to take it into consideration for further updates of the gear app.

I cannot at the moment give you a precise date as to when that will be the case, but we will keep you posted via email here.

Best regards
    Daniela

16. Connect komoot to Wahoo

Any plans to link this to the wahoo head unit. Would be great for the MTB

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Mark

There are no definite plans here at the moment, but should that be the case, we’ll keep you posted and will send you a respective update.

Best regards
    Daniela

17. Display all place names in Latin characters in addition to Cyrillic or Chinese

Not all users can read Greek, Russian, Chinese, Thai, Korean, Japanese etc characters. So Komoot is almost useless if biking through those countries. Your database already contains many of these placenames in English, as I can e.g. search for Athens/Greece. But on the map the name is not recognizable

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Traveler

Best regards
    Daniela

18. Report track / mistakes directly to OpenStreetMap

During my trips I always find paths that are not drawn on the map, I suggest you to create a kind of editor with which you can draw new paths or roads. It is possible to make this or only in personal acconts like a personal note or in a public mode like an indication for everybody.

And More, when I go for a MTB tour I planned, I often find parts of paths or whole paths or singletracks those are rather uncycleable.
    I suggest you to add a way to vote any part of a tour or write a…

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Sebastiano

thanks a lot for the interesting feedback!

I have changed the idea’s title around a little. Currently you can change and add tracks on OpenStreetMap, where we receive our data from: http://www.openstreetmap.org/

But it’s not possible to pass this on directly via komoot while you are on a Tour. Should there be any changes in the future, we will keep you posted here.

if you want to edit the komoot map, you can make changes on OSM; we’ll use them in our routing from there (it takes 1-3 weeks max at th moment for routing changes to be applied; the changed tracks are visible in the map sooner; usually a day after being entered)

Best regards
    Daniela

19. Use vibration alert during navigation / instead of voice navigation

I like the idea of navigation, but quite honestly, it talks too much and I prefer to find my way with some assistance, but without being overly pampered.

What I would like to see, is or or two new modes

- a mode which just vibrates when one reaches a junction point (blue circle where normally it would make a voice announcement) so I know I need to look at the map where to proceed.

- a mode which just vibrates (or uses voice warning or beep) if I get too far away from a track (e.g. miss a junction),…

37 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Nicholaz

Best regards
    Daniela

20. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello

We’ll take a look at it. Should there be any plans here, we’ll post a respective update.

Best regards
    Daniela

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base