English | Deutsch

Ideas

Do you have suggestions to help us make komoot even better? Please use the search to check whether your idea has already been posted. You can then vote for it!

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Dutch version of komoot

Just like for Spanish, Italian and other languages.
    Why not use the help from users for translation
    and eventually the use of text to speech?

43 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

we are as yet unable to able to offer komoot in other languages than in German and English. We are looking into further solutions at the moment and hope to be able to provide komoot in other languages in the future. We can’t make any promises yet, but we will keep you updated on our progress if you vote on this idea.

Kind regards,
    Daniela

2. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello

thanks a lot for this interesting idea!

We’ll take a look at it. Should there be any plans here, we’ll post a respective update.

Please mind that we are unable to give you exact dates here. If you have entered the idea or voted vor it, you’ll be informed via mail as soon as we have updated the status here.

Best regards
    Daniela

3. Show map preview and tour summary in Facebook posts

When I share my tour on facebook it is shared with the komoot service description and:
    – tour type icon (e.g. bicycle) if I didn't take any photos
    or
    – one of the photos I took, which I can select form a subset of the photos

I would like the post to include some kind of tour summary (e.g. biked 30km in 2 hours) and a preview of the tour on the map – that will be more informative for my facebook friends.
    On the other hand, photo as the post preview is a nice feature too – maybe this…

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello everyone

We’ll see what we can do to implement it. Should there be any plans here, we’ll post a respective update.

Please mind that we are unable to give you exact dates here. If you have entered the idea or voted vor it, you’ll be informed via mail as soon as we have updated the status here.

Best regards
    Daniela

4. Bulk import of GPX files

I would like to be able to drag and drop a whole bunch of older GPX files onto a web page so they can all be imported into Komoot.

Obviously the names of the routes should use the name from inside the XML file and the filename is that's not available.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello kiwiant

We’ll see what we can do to implement it. Should there be any plans here, we’ll post a respective update.

Best regards
    Daniela

5. Add country priority in place search / Show addresses in your country first

Have a country priority. If I am in Switzerland, I want location in Switzerland proposed first. There should be a text box for the country in which I want to plan a tour.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello everyone

Best regards
    Daniela

6. Turn maps by 360 degrees

It would be great to make the maps turnable 360 degrees in order to see a tour from different or more familiar perspective.

Thanks!

44 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello everyone

Best regards
    Daniela

7. Make POIs / Highlights available offline

When you download your route, It would be nice to also be able to search an area around the route for things like camp sites, attractions etc whilst off-line.

In particular I think that using this feature for finding accommodation would be most useful.

Perhaps the area that is downloaded could be an adjustable area, say a range from 1 to 20 miles surrounding the planned route. Also including the option to select where that info is downloaded to (internal or external storage on smart device)

49 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Chris

Best regards
    Daniela

8. Improve elevation profile while following tour / Scalable elevation profile

When you are following a tour on your device you have the option to show an elevation profile. This shows the elevation profile of the tour from beginning to end. If the tour is long say 100km, the profile is so compressed as to be of little use. My suggestions are: 1. Start the profile chart from your actual position so that space isn't wasted on the part you have already covered. 2. Only show the next 5-10km (perhaps depending on the type of tour) from your current position.

51 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Winstanr

Best regards
    Daniela

9. Merge two recorded activities / tours

Sometimes I need to divide the tour in multiple parts (i.e the app crashes or something like that) and it would be nice to merge these in the webinterface

70 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello everyone

Best regards
    Daniela

10. Upload Tours / Pictures only with WIFI connection

This saves network traffic while on the road.

74 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Heart Rate Monitoring with zones

This app is outstanding. To put it over the top include heart rate zone monitoring through bluetooth strap with zone alarms. This can also be expanded to cadence for biking like runtastic or garmin with the appropriate sensor at the crank.

104 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello everyone

Best regards
    Daniela

12. Discover: Filter tours by distance / elevation

I'd like to filter tours on path length and altitude difference in the discover tab, e.g. "get all hiking tours > 25km and < 35km with at least 1200Hm

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello

Best regards
    Daniela

13. SHOW PICTURE IN THE MAP

It would be great to have the pictures shown (intead of the camera icon) directly in the map; the functionality is already available in the app because it is shown when saving the trip the first time.
    Thanks

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Andrea

Best regards
    Daniela

14. Collections for everybody!

Could be great group several tours in one collection. At the moment only komoot staff can do it.

Regards

Marcello

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Marcello

Best regards
    Daniela

15. Display hiking trail / cycling route signs on map.

When plannig a trip it would be helpful if the map would show signs of the official hiking paths (ie Eiffelsteig)
    Or take for example in the saxony switzerland: most of the path are labelled by color. Those labels would be very nice to see on the map.

56 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Gabriel

Best regards
    Daniela

16. Mark / highlight roads in different colors

I have a very specific idea, which I haven't seen in any cycling app I know: Coloring roads. For example, I have a forest nearby in which some trails are great, some are terrible - I'd like to mark the former in green on the map, the latter in red, so that I know which roads & trails to avoid when planning my next route. Is there any chance of something like this happening?

An alternative would be to simply add notes, but other than an old topic (link below) I haven't found anything on this.
    http://help.komoot.de/forums/213895-ideas/suggestions/6790057-add-sticky-notes

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello

Best regards
    Daniela

17. using route relations from OSM to visualize trails (biking, hiking, etc)

Can you pls add marked trails to the map from OSM (from OSM route relations) best using cosmic:symbol, colour, etc)? There could be also option to prefer marked trails (but only as option) and selection of the type like bike, hiking trail, etc.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Amorgos

What he have changed with updates already (that’s not what is requested here, but might be interesting to you regardless): single trails are now marked on the map according to their difficulty, (such as S1, S2), and you can see this on the map in the app and on the website. We are also now displaying fences and barriers directly on the map.

Best regards
    Daniela

18. Color Codes for Komoot Outdoor map

The 'Komoot Outdoor' map is great. However, in the zoomed mode it is hard to distinguish the roads (K and L Strasse) from the main hike/bike trails. The width is different but both are white. You've done a good job to distinguish single trails (black) from the main hike/bike trails. It would be good to choose another color for the K and L Strasse.

65 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under Review  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Train journeys / Include train rides in Tours

I am currently planning a 3 week trip which includes train journeys. It would be helpful to mark the train trips. I can do separate maps for each cycle leg but if you do this you cannot see the entire trip on one screen / map. Please can you have a train, car bus, plane transport option? This could be represented by a straight line in different colour.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello everyone

Best regards
    Daniela

20. Allow export to MapMyRun and MovesCount

It would be great is Komoot could be connected to services such as the Microsoft Band, Suunto's MovesCount and the MapMyFitness sites and allow routes to be sent to these services.

The current process required a manual export and import which works but requires extra steps.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello everyone

Best regards
    Daniela

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base