English | Deutsch

Ideas

Do you have suggestions to help us make komoot even better? Please use the search to check whether your idea has already been posted. You can then vote for it!

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Spanish version of komoot

Off the komoot app in the Spanish language

413 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

currently we can not provide other languages than German and English yet. At the moment we think about possible solutions and chances to offer other languages in the future. But I can’t promise anything yet. You will be updated through your vote for this idea.

Kind regards,
    Benedict

2. Altitude Profile (in route planning) - gradient colours and zoom

The altitude profile is critical to all bike riding. Presently this is difficult to view on the route planning page.
    1. Expand or zoom would be better to view in detail
    2. Colour coding for different ranges of gradient would be extremely useful

44 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Simon

thanks a lot for this interesting idea!

We’ll see what we can do to implement it. Should there be any plans here, we’ll post a respective update.

Please mind that we are unable to give you exact dates here. If you have entered the idea or voted vor it, you’ll be informed via mail as soon as we have updated the status here.

Best regards
    Daniela

3. Report track / mistakes directly to OpenStreetMap

During my trips I always find paths that are not drawn on the map, I suggest you to create a kind of editor with which you can draw new paths or roads. It is possible to make this or only in personal acconts like a personal note or in a public mode like an indication for everybody.

And More, when I go for a MTB tour I planned, I often find parts of paths or whole paths or singletracks those are rather uncycleable.
    I suggest you to add a way to vote any part of a tour or write a…

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Sebastiano

thanks a lot for the interesting feedback!

I have changed the idea’s title around a little. Currently you can change and add tracks on OpenStreetMap, where we receive our data from: http://www.openstreetmap.org/

But it’s not possible to pass this on directly via komoot while you are on a Tour. Should there be any changes in the future, we will keep you posted here.

if you want to edit the komoot map, you can make changes on OSM; we’ll use them in our routing from there (it takes 1-3 weeks max at th moment for routing changes to be applied; the changed tracks are visible in the map sooner; usually a day after being entered)

Best regards
    Daniela

4. Show speed profile / graph in completed Tours (App)

After recording and saving the track, Komoot displays the altitude graph. Please, also show the speed graph, just like you do on the web version on the desktop.

There are those tracks you want to bypass the browser version altogether to evaluate the track.

Keep up the good work

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello everyone

We’ll see what we can do to implement it. Should there be any plans here, we’ll post a respective update.

Please mind that we are unable to give you exact dates here. If you have entered the idea or voted vor it, you’ll be informed via mail as soon as we have updated the status here.

Best regards
    Daniela

5. Display all place names in Latin characters in addition to Cyrillic or Chinese

Not all users can read Greek, Russian, Chinese, Thai, Korean, Japanese etc characters. So Komoot is almost useless if biking through those countries. Your database already contains many of these placenames in English, as I can e.g. search for Athens/Greece. But on the map the name is not recognizable

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Traveler

Best regards
    Daniela

6. Add ability to translate user content

Komoot has great user generated content but it comes in various languages.
    By adding in-app translation button it will become accessible to all users.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Dan

Best regards
    Daniela

7. Link completed tour to planned tour

As an example, some weeks ago I made a walk (https://www.komoot.de/tour/7359443) based on a tour that I planned a previously (https://www.komoot.de/tour/7336583). I would like to somehow associate both of them, so that I could mention that the planned tour was indeed completed and not having two completed different entries for the same path. I think that something like a tag, a flag system, or a relational field providing the link between both database entries would do the trick.
    I can imagine that the fact that only planned tours are supported for navigation can be an issue.…

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Victor

Best regards
    Daniela

8. Having the map of tours on the tours page

Hi again :)
    I would love to have the same map from the dashboard page on the tours page.
    Why?
    On the dashboard map, I see all my planed and completed tours.
    On the tours page a map on the right could show only the tours using the same filter as the selection for the list (all tours, planned or completed tours as well as sport type). It would be easier to find some tours that we did or planned without having to try randomly to click on them on the dashboard.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello

Best regards
    Daniela

9. Vector-based Maps

It would be great if komoot could at some point in the future switch to vector-based maps to allow for faster download of offline my material and a better viewing experience when zooming in close and rotating the map, e.g. no upside-down labels when south is up.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Janosh

Best regards
    Daniela

10. Connect komoot to Wahoo

Any plans to link this to the wahoo head unit. Would be great for the MTB

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Mark

There are no definite plans here at the moment, but should that be the case, we’ll keep you posted and will send you a respective update.

Best regards
    Daniela

11. Mark / highlight roads in different colors

I have a very specific idea, which I haven't seen in any cycling app I know: Coloring roads. For example, I have a forest nearby in which some trails are great, some are terrible - I'd like to mark the former in green on the map, the latter in red, so that I know which roads & trails to avoid when planning my next route. Is there any chance of something like this happening?

An alternative would be to simply add notes, but other than an old topic (link below) I haven't found anything on this.
    http://help.komoot.de/forums/213895-ideas/suggestions/6790057-add-sticky-notes

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello

Best regards
    Daniela

12. User Groups / Facebook groups by region

It could be nice to have Facebook groups by region, in order to share tours "locally". For example, since I live in north of Italy I would like to register to the "Komoot North Italy Group" in Facebook. In this group we could see all the tours for the region we are close to.
    It should be like the "strava clubs", available in facebook on a country basis.

Thanks,
    Andrea

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Andrea

We’ll see what we can about that. Should there be any plans here, we’ll post a respective update.

Best regards
    Daniela

13. Garmin connect GPX files werden in komoot inkorrekt importiert.

Garmin connect GPX files werden in komoot inkorrekt importiert. GPSies kann es und ist derzeit die einzige Möglichkeit, etwas - viel zu kompliziert - nach komoot zu übertragen. Warum ist diese Umweg Garmin connect GPX files werden in komoot inkorrekt importiert.
    Bitte fixed das. GPSies kann es, dann könnt ihr es auch.

Gruß Ralf

Das komoot Voting finde ich nicht wirklich zielführend.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow export to MapMyRun and MovesCount

It would be great is Komoot could be connected to services such as the Microsoft Band, Suunto's MovesCount and the MapMyFitness sites and allow routes to be sent to these services.

The current process required a manual export and import which works but requires extra steps.

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello everyone

Best regards
    Daniela

15. SHOW PICTURE IN THE MAP

It would be great to have the pictures shown (intead of the camera icon) directly in the map; the functionality is already available in the app because it is shown when saving the trip the first time.
    Thanks

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Andrea

Best regards
    Daniela

16. Display SAC difficulty in colors

It would be great to visualise the SAC difficulty of planned tours by colour. This allows for quick assessment of the overall SAC difficulty, e.g. red for SAC 6 and green for SAC 1

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Glenn

Best regards
    Daniela

17. Find / Search User Tours in "Discover" area

I've seen the button "private/public", but when I upload a tour and make it public, it can not be found amongst the tours in the "discover" area on your website. It would be great to be able to share tours with all users in the komoot community (like wikiloc does for example)

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Dieter

in the discover area (https://www.komoot.de/discover), you can currently only find the tours we’ve created based on our users’ recordings and Highlight suggestions. The reason for that is that we want to make sure the content is verified, and indeed recommendable. Our system only creates these tours when the tracks have indeed used by several users already.

Not all users might also want to find their tours in our search – that’s why at the moment there is no direct user-tour search on komoot. Should there be any changes, we’ll keep you posted!

Best regards
    Daniela

18. Collections for everybody!

Could be great group several tours in one collection. At the moment only komoot staff can do it.

Regards

Marcello

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Marcello

Best regards
    Daniela

19. Add voice commands/beeps to Apple Watch navigation

Sometimes the vibrations alerting you about the change of direction are very subtle on the hand. Is it possible to get also beeps or voice commands, which are available on the phone? Normally I have the iPhone in the bag, off of my eyes, riding just with watches on my left hand.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Bohdik

Best regards
    Daniela

20. Skip describing and uploading of picture until after tour

I'd like to be able to take pictures from the app but skip the description and uploading part.

I guess this is related to
    http://help.komoot.de/forums/213895-ideas/suggestions/4289901-upload-tours-pictures-only-with-wifi-connection

Though the saving of network traffic is one reason for this, I'm more annoyed by the time aspect. I usually go road biking in a group and am glad when I'm able to even take a picture. Then I might want to take a second picture but can't until I've uploaded the first.
    I can avoid this by using my own camera app, but when I'm recording on komoot, this app is already open and…

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Rea

Best regards
    Daniela

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base