English | Deutsch

Ideas

Do you have suggestions to help us make komoot even better? Please use the search to check whether your idea has already been posted. You can then vote for it!

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Add "home" highlight / Save personal addresses

There should be a way to save custom points like "home" for example, and maybe others.

Right now, I plan routes starting from my home to various places in the area and I have to type my address every time to set the start point. If I had my custom points in "Saved highlights", this would save time and make the app more usable.

69 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello everyone

thanks a lot for this interesting idea!

We’ll see what we can do to implement it. Should there be any plans here, we’ll post a respective update.

Please mind that we are unable to give you exact dates here. If you have entered the idea or voted vor it, you’ll be informed via mail as soon as we have updated the status here.

Best regards
    Daniela

2. Merge two recorded activities / tours

Sometimes I need to divide the tour in multiple parts (i.e the app crashes or something like that) and it would be nice to merge these in the webinterface

98 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello everyone

We’ll see what we can do to implement it. Should there be any plans here, we’ll post a respective update.

Please mind that we are unable to give you exact dates here. If you have entered the idea or voted vor it, you’ll be informed via mail as soon as we have updated the status here.

Best regards
    Daniela

3. GPX tracks viewing on smart watch (Gear S3)

Can you please create functionality for smart watch (Samsung Gear S3) that will allow me to see imported .gpx track on map together with my position so I can use it to follow the track without the need to pull out my phone every now and then? It doesn't have to be stand alone feature as I have my phone all the time with me anyway.

290 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello everyone

Best regards
    Daniela

4. Add live tracking option / Find currently active users

Our cycle club is building a web page to track the positions of our riders every few minutes, so anyone with the right permission, on the ride or not, can see where all riders are.

Our Android users will broadcast their location continuously with the Android Osmand app, but the iPhone version does not do it, and anyway Komoot is better.

Osmand is open-source, so the live tracking is an open standard. Adding this code to just the Komoot client would allow Komoot to drive these webpages just like Osmand, and let users choose the best client app.

75 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello

Best regards
    Daniela

5. Upload Tours / Pictures only with WIFI connection

This saves network traffic while on the road.

99 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Heart Rate Monitoring with zones

This app is outstanding. To put it over the top include heart rate zone monitoring through bluetooth strap with zone alarms. This can also be expanded to cadence for biking like runtastic or garmin with the appropriate sensor at the crank.

177 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello everyone

Best regards
    Daniela

7. SHOW PICTURE IN THE MAP

It would be great to have the pictures shown (intead of the camera icon) directly in the map; the functionality is already available in the app because it is shown when saving the trip the first time.
    Thanks

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Andrea

Best regards
    Daniela

8. Display SAC difficulty in colors

It would be great to visualise the SAC difficulty of planned tours by colour. This allows for quick assessment of the overall SAC difficulty, e.g. red for SAC 6 and green for SAC 1

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Glenn

Best regards
    Daniela

9. Find / Search User Tours in "Discover" area

I've seen the button "private/public", but when I upload a tour and make it public, it can not be found amongst the tours in the "discover" area on your website. It would be great to be able to share tours with all users in the komoot community (like wikiloc does for example)

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Dieter

in the discover area (https://www.komoot.de/discover), you can currently only find the tours we’ve created based on our users’ recordings and Highlight suggestions. The reason for that is that we want to make sure the content is verified, and indeed recommendable. Our system only creates these tours when the tracks have indeed used by several users already.

Not all users might also want to find their tours in our search – that’s why at the moment there is no direct user-tour search on komoot. Should there be any changes, we’ll keep you posted!

Best regards
    Daniela

10. Add sticky notes / comments to waypoints

Each waypoint when you click on it needs to have an area for writing a sticky note. eg. accommodation notes, things yet do do.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello everyone

Best regards
    Daniela

11. Collections for everybody!

Could be great group several tours in one collection. At the moment only komoot staff can do it.

Regards

Marcello

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Marcello

Best regards
    Daniela

12. Link completed tour to planned tour

As an example, some weeks ago I made a walk (https://www.komoot.de/tour/7359443) based on a tour that I planned a previously (https://www.komoot.de/tour/7336583). I would like to somehow associate both of them, so that I could mention that the planned tour was indeed completed and not having two completed different entries for the same path. I think that something like a tag, a flag system, or a relational field providing the link between both database entries would do the trick.
    I can imagine that the fact that only planned tours are supported for navigation can be an issue.…

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Victor

Best regards
    Daniela

13. Add ability to translate user content

Komoot has great user generated content but it comes in various languages.
    By adding in-app translation button it will become accessible to all users.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Dan

Best regards
    Daniela

14. Having the map of tours on the tours page

Hi again :)
    I would love to have the same map from the dashboard page on the tours page.
    Why?
    On the dashboard map, I see all my planed and completed tours.
    On the tours page a map on the right could show only the tours using the same filter as the selection for the list (all tours, planned or completed tours as well as sport type). It would be easier to find some tours that we did or planned without having to try randomly to click on them on the dashboard.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello

Best regards
    Daniela

15. Bulk import of GPX files

I would like to be able to drag and drop a whole bunch of older GPX files onto a web page so they can all be imported into Komoot.

Obviously the names of the routes should use the name from inside the XML file and the filename is that's not available.

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello kiwiant

Best regards
    Daniela

16. Enable upload of completed tours / activities to Strava.

Komoot has amazing tour planning and navigation features. But all my past activities are stored in Strava. Strava has a great activy community and is awesome in activity sharing, comparing and analysing of completed activities.

The combination of Strava and Komoot kills every competitor.

Downloading GPX files and uploading them again in Strava is off course possible, but what kind of user expierence is that?

Not up to Komoot's standards, I would argue...

60 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello everyone

Best regards
    Daniela

17. Share tours only with followers / Additional privacy mode

When sharing a planned tour with a friend I'm setting this tour as public which I don't like.

Like in garmin connect it would be useful to have couple of basic privacy settings like:

-private
    -shared with my followers (all)
    -shared with followerX,Y,Z (selected)
    -public

hope it makes sense,
    thx

86 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello

Best regards
    Daniela

18. Add voice commands/beeps to Apple Watch navigation

Sometimes the vibrations alerting you about the change of direction are very subtle on the hand. Is it possible to get also beeps or voice commands, which are available on the phone? Normally I have the iPhone in the bag, off of my eyes, riding just with watches on my left hand.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Bohdik

Best regards
    Daniela

19. Improve elevation profile while following tour / Scalable elevation profile

When you are following a tour on your device you have the option to show an elevation profile. This shows the elevation profile of the tour from beginning to end. If the tour is long say 100km, the profile is so compressed as to be of little use. My suggestions are: 1. Start the profile chart from your actual position so that space isn't wasted on the part you have already covered. 2. Only show the next 5-10km (perhaps depending on the type of tour) from your current position.

89 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Winstanr

Best regards
    Daniela

20. Skip describing and uploading of picture until after tour

I'd like to be able to take pictures from the app but skip the description and uploading part.

I guess this is related to
    http://help.komoot.de/forums/213895-ideas/suggestions/4289901-upload-tours-pictures-only-with-wifi-connection

Though the saving of network traffic is one reason for this, I'm more annoyed by the time aspect. I usually go road biking in a group and am glad when I'm able to even take a picture. Then I might want to take a second picture but can't until I've uploaded the first.
    I can avoid this by using my own camera app, but when I'm recording on komoot, this app is already open and…

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Rea

Best regards
    Daniela

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base