English | Deutsch

Ideas

Do you have suggestions to help us make komoot even better? Please use the search to check whether your idea has already been posted. You can then vote for it!

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Add landscape / widescreen mode

I desperately need that landscape feature to use the app with my handlebar mount. Without the app is useless to me. Unfortunatley, cause it is actually great.

109 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello

thanks a lot for this interesting idea! We have not yet been able to implement it, as this will affect all part of our app, both regarding the layout as well as our map material. This therefore would be a large update, that can unfortunately not be done on the sideline, but will be a bigger project.

In case there will be changes in the future, we will keep you updated here as always!

Hallo zusammen

Best regards
    Daniela

2. Collections for everybody!

Could be great group several tours in one collection. At the moment only komoot staff can do it.

Regards

Marcello

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Marcello

thanks a lot for this interesting idea!

We’ll see what we can do to implement it. Should there be any plans here, we’ll post a respective update.

Please mind that we are unable to give you exact dates here. If you have entered the idea or voted vor it, you’ll be informed via mail as soon as we have updated the status here.

Best regards
    Daniela

3. Make POIs / Highlights available offline

When you download your route, It would be nice to also be able to search an area around the route for things like camp sites, attractions etc whilst off-line.

In particular I think that using this feature for finding accommodation would be most useful.

Perhaps the area that is downloaded could be an adjustable area, say a range from 1 to 20 miles surrounding the planned route. Also including the option to select where that info is downloaded to (internal or external storage on smart device)

52 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Chris

We’ll see what we can do to implement it. Should there be any plans here, we’ll post a respective update.

Please mind that we are unable to give you exact dates here. If you have entered the idea or voted vor it, you’ll be informed via mail as soon as we have updated the status here.

Best regards
    Daniela

4. Add "home" highlight / Save personal addresses

There should be a way to save custom points like "home" for example, and maybe others.

Right now, I plan routes starting from my home to various places in the area and I have to type my address every time to set the start point. If I had my custom points in "Saved highlights", this would save time and make the app more usable.

63 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello everyone

Best regards
    Daniela

5. Heart Rate Monitoring with zones

This app is outstanding. To put it over the top include heart rate zone monitoring through bluetooth strap with zone alarms. This can also be expanded to cadence for biking like runtastic or garmin with the appropriate sensor at the crank.

167 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello everyone

Best regards
    Daniela

6. Italian version of komoot

Offer an Italian language version of the komoot app

488 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

currently we can not provide other languages than German and English yet. At the moment we think about possible solutions and chances to offer other languages in the future. But I can’t promise anything yet. You will be updated through your vote for this idea.

Kind regards,
    Benedict

7. Bulk import of GPX files

I would like to be able to drag and drop a whole bunch of older GPX files onto a web page so they can all be imported into Komoot.

Obviously the names of the routes should use the name from inside the XML file and the filename is that's not available.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello kiwiant

Best regards
    Daniela

8. Vector-based Maps

It would be great if komoot could at some point in the future switch to vector-based maps to allow for faster download of offline my material and a better viewing experience when zooming in close and rotating the map, e.g. no upside-down labels when south is up.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Janosh

Best regards
    Daniela

9. Upload Tours / Pictures only with WIFI connection

This saves network traffic while on the road.

87 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. GPX tracks viewing on smart watch (Gear S3)

Can you please create functionality for smart watch (Samsung Gear S3) that will allow me to see imported .gpx track on map together with my position so I can use it to follow the track without the need to pull out my phone every now and then? It doesn't have to be stand alone feature as I have my phone all the time with me anyway.

276 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello everyone

Best regards
    Daniela

11. 411 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone,

We believe navigation directions at your wrist are an extremely useful case for smart watches, especially for outdoor activities. That is the reason we constantly invest in developing great apps and new features for various OS combinations such as the Apple Watch and many further smart watches.

You’ll find an overview of our current options here: http://help.komoot.de/knowledgebase/articles/613362

For Garmin iQ we provide a first solution with notifications (please also see the link above). However, we are not yet able to provide a full app that meets our quality standards. We will of course keep you posted here.

Thank you for your understanding

Best regards
    Daniela

12. Improve elevation profile while following tour / Scalable elevation profile

When you are following a tour on your device you have the option to show an elevation profile. This shows the elevation profile of the tour from beginning to end. If the tour is long say 100km, the profile is so compressed as to be of little use. My suggestions are: 1. Start the profile chart from your actual position so that space isn't wasted on the part you have already covered. 2. Only show the next 5-10km (perhaps depending on the type of tour) from your current position.

80 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Winstanr

Best regards
    Daniela

13. Spanish version of komoot

Off the komoot app in the Spanish language

387 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

currently we can not provide other languages than German and English yet. At the moment we think about possible solutions and chances to offer other languages in the future. But I can’t promise anything yet. You will be updated through your vote for this idea.

Kind regards,
    Benedict

14. Enable upload of completed tours / activities to Strava.

Komoot has amazing tour planning and navigation features. But all my past activities are stored in Strava. Strava has a great activy community and is awesome in activity sharing, comparing and analysing of completed activities.

The combination of Strava and Komoot kills every competitor.

Downloading GPX files and uploading them again in Strava is off course possible, but what kind of user expierence is that?

Not up to Komoot's standards, I would argue...

46 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello everyone

Best regards
    Daniela

15. Dutch version of komoot

Just like for Spanish, Italian and other languages.
    Why not use the help from users for translation
    and eventually the use of text to speech?

55 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

we are as yet unable to able to offer komoot in other languages than in German and English. We are looking into further solutions at the moment and hope to be able to provide komoot in other languages in the future. We can’t make any promises yet, but we will keep you updated on our progress if you vote on this idea.

Kind regards,
    Daniela

16. Share tours only with followers / Additional privacy mode

When sharing a planned tour with a friend I'm setting this tour as public which I don't like.

Like in garmin connect it would be useful to have couple of basic privacy settings like:

-private
    -shared with my followers (all)
    -shared with followerX,Y,Z (selected)
    -public

hope it makes sense,
    thx

83 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello

Best regards
    Daniela

17. Report track / mistakes directly to OpenStreetMap

During my trips I always find paths that are not drawn on the map, I suggest you to create a kind of editor with which you can draw new paths or roads. It is possible to make this or only in personal acconts like a personal note or in a public mode like an indication for everybody.

And More, when I go for a MTB tour I planned, I often find parts of paths or whole paths or singletracks those are rather uncycleable.
    I suggest you to add a way to vote any part of a tour or write a…

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Sebastiano

thanks a lot for the interesting feedback!

I have changed the idea’s title around a little. Currently you can change and add tracks on OpenStreetMap, where we receive our data from: http://www.openstreetmap.org/

But it’s not possible to pass this on directly via komoot while you are on a Tour. Should there be any changes in the future, we will keep you posted here.

if you want to edit the komoot map, you can make changes on OSM; we’ll use them in our routing from there (it takes 1-3 weeks max at th moment for routing changes to be applied; the changed tracks are visible in the map sooner; usually a day after being entered)

Best regards
    Daniela

18. Show waypoints on elevation profile

On the Tour page the elevation is shown which is great but it would be nice to also have the ability to see the waypoints on this graph/chart making it easier to see the elevation at various key spots.

Having more data on this graph would add clutter so perhaps something like a zoom link that shows the elevation on a new page with the waypoints added. Would be nice to see the elevation on the waypoints as well to make it clearer rather than looking at the elevation lines.

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello kiwiant

Best regards
    Daniela

19. Add ability to translate user content

Komoot has great user generated content but it comes in various languages.
    By adding in-app translation button it will become accessible to all users.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Dan

Best regards
    Daniela

20. Use vibration alert during navigation / instead of voice navigation

I like the idea of navigation, but quite honestly, it talks too much and I prefer to find my way with some assistance, but without being overly pampered.

What I would like to see, is or or two new modes

- a mode which just vibrates when one reaches a junction point (blue circle where normally it would make a voice announcement) so I know I need to look at the map where to proceed.

- a mode which just vibrates (or uses voice warning or beep) if I get too far away from a track (e.g. miss a junction),…

44 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Nicholaz

Best regards
    Daniela

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base