English | Deutsch

Ideas

Do you have suggestions to help us make komoot even better? Please use the search to check whether your idea has already been posted. You can then vote for it!

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Improve the use of the watch and voice with .gpx track

Good application, but must improve before use ...

Good navigation application but improvements to implement:

1) In navigation mode with GPX track, more remote browsing shows Samsung Gear 2 Lite. Unusable because more map / navigation screen on the watch.
    2) No navigation voice on the phone navigation mode with GPX track
    3) with shows use navigation with voice over the watch and not on phone
    4) No French version

Otherwise excellent application with an interface PC_Internet / Phone very well. Simple and easy to use.

Thank you developers to finalize my remarks this application with 1, 2, 3.
    I…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello philmol

and thanks a lot for your request!

Just a thing I wanted to mention in advance: The best is to post one suggestion per idea here – that way others can vote better and we can inform you about changes.

So I am setting this one to completed referring to the voice navigation with GPX files, which has been enabled in the meantime, if you upload and save your file as a “Planned Tour”.

There is another idea for a French version if you wish to vote here: http://help.komoot.de/forums/213895-ideas/suggestions/9546339-french

Best regards
    Daniela

2. Bike Paths - turn off option for road bike route planning

It is much easier to plan and navigate with asphalt roads only and NO bike paths. I prefer to make the basic plan on the most direct roads, and then add details, such as smaller roads by adding extra points by hand. The diversion on and off bike paths is a very unwanted distraction when riding. The plan and navi should just follow the road.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello everyone,

when planning Tours for road bikes, we already try to avoid bike lanes unsuitable for road bikers. Should this not be the case at one point during the Tour you are planning, please send us an example of the routing suggested by us, and the course you’re considering to be more suitable here.

Just plan the part of the route you’re referring to, and send us both your intented routing and our suggested route planning via the form we created here:

https://docs.google.com/a/komoot.de/forms/d/1NAnE9jMl123yjVSLbhvA4M-wEvbtA6QCTeYrkQdBsBc/viewform

That way, we can keep improving our route planning for road bikers bit by bit.

Thank you very much in advance for your feedback!

Best regards
    Daniela

3. Change data displayed on Apple Watch while komoot is running

The app is working well with my new Apple Watch but I wish it gave me options of to display on the Watch ... as a hiker I don't really fuss about pace, but am very interested in distance travelled.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Sandra

thanks a lot for your idea! You can swipe the speedometer to the left during the navigation and have the distance traveled as well as the time remaining displayed.

Best regards
    Daniela

4. Add waypoint when editing tour (after creation)

Often after creating a tour I want to go back and edit it. Dragging waypoints around is easy but creating new waypoints (required to get auto routing right) is painful. Currently I need to "Add a waypoint" when appends it to the end of a list and creates a silly auto route then drag the waypoint in the list to the correct location.

It would be much easier to simply hold down Alt and click the existing route. Bang, a new waypoint has been added at the correct location.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello kiwiant,

the system works the following way:

When you edit a Tour and add way-point with a right-click on the map, it will add it to the Tour where it is most convenient regarding the order of your Tour.

If you use the key combination ALT+ click on the map, the waypoint will always be added to the end of your Tour, no matter where you place it. That means if you were to add it right next to a point in the middle of your, the Tour would be recalculated accordingly.

For your purposes it’s therefore best to add a waypoint by clicking on the map with your right-hand mouse button, and the point should be included where you have it.

Best regards
    Daniela

1 2 3 5 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base