English | Deutsch

Ideas

Do you have suggestions to help us make komoot even better? Please use the search to check whether your idea has already been posted. You can then vote for it!

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Calculate round trip routes based on distance entered

Some garmin units offer round trip routing whereby you just define a start point then enter a distance. A choice of 3 circular routes are then produced. You pick one and ride. You can also see the elevation before choosing which is nice.
    This would be a great feature!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow touch features on web (pinch & zoom, pan)

When using the web version (no Universal App for Windows yet) on my Surface tablet I need to attach the keyboard to use the touchpad to create a route. It would be good if the site was touch friendly.

Keep up the good work.

Thanks,
    Ants

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Ants,

the touch features should be available and usable in the planning mode of our website. If you are having issues with this, please contact us at help[at]komoot.de

Thanks a lot in advance!

Best regards
    Daniela

3. Problems with bridges in Copenhagen

When planning tours in Copenhagen, some bridges are impossible to cross. Examples are Inderhavnsbroen (1401 København K) and Bryggebroen (1561 København V).
    The routing algorithm goes to the middle of the bridge, and then continues on the ferry route passing under it! (Quite funny, but not very useful.)
    It would be good if you could do a QA on your data base regarding these points.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. COMPLETED TOURS ON THE MAP

Like it happens for the site it would be great to have all my competed tours shown in the map in order to be searchable and reachable easier.

Thanks!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Have a possibility to return navigation back to the starting point. In case I want to return back during a tour

Add a possibility to return navigation back to the starting point. So I can return back instead of continue the tour.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Lehmann

with our latest iOS Update (8.2), you can now find a replan to start button when you tap on the three dots on the bottom right side of the map display.

We’ll look be adding a similar feature for the Android app as well and will keep you posted here.

Best regards
    Daniela

6. Add Brazil and other countries of south america in complete package

Add Brazil and other countries of south america in complete package to benefit the people in this region to use komoot with offline map and turn-by-turn navigation voice.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Jessica,

South America is now available.

There are no regions however, but you can plan Tours and download them with the entire maps needed for the tour and use them for offline navigation.

Just plan a Tour, then use the button “offline available” underneath it, and it will be downloaded with all the maps you need. Needless to say, you can then follow the Tour with voice navigation via GPS, without being connected to the internet.

It is of course also possible to use komoot with internet connection in South America, and record your Tours.

Best regards
    Daniela

7. Make saving a tour as a 'Bicycle' editable

A tour is always saved as a 'Bicycle' tour even if you walk. In Komoot I click on 'map' then on 'record' and when I'm done walking I click on 'stop' but it always saves the tour as a 'Bicycle' tour. This should be editable.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Show buildings and access tags (private etc.) on map

Your map is really good, but I find it useful to see buildings on map, just to know if I'm going into someone's house walking on a trail.
    Then it's very important to know if a trail is in private land or if there's a gate or a chain blocking access.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello SteFra,

we have made a few changes here in the meantime. On our new map, you can see gates marked as well as fences.

If you use our route planning, we also exclude passages marked in OpenStreetMap as private or generally marked with a “no access” tag. So we would make sure your Tour will use another route.

Best regards
    Daniela

9. It would be nice to be able to change your mode from hiking to running to biking after you create the tour just to see the difference or to

It would be nice to be able to change your mode from hiking to running to biking after you create the tour.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,
    thank you for your suggestion! This is already possible. All you need to do is use the feature “Plan another tour like this”, and you can choose to plan the tour in a different mode.
    Your komoot team

10. Plan surprise me tour

It would be nice if one could plan a surprise me tour(s); you enter the starting point (and in some cases the ending point) and komoot asks how many km's one wants to ride. Then komoot suggests one to three possible tours to choose from.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

if you have a look at the area “Explore” in your app and scroll down a little, you’ll find our Tour suggestions.

Based on Highlights and Tours recorded in that area, we’ll give you suggestions for your chosen sport and time or distance. Depending on how many Highlights/Tours are found in your area related to your chosen sport, it’s still possible we may not be able to give you many results, but as that list is growing, so will the Tours we’ll be able to suggest you try out.

Best regards
    Daniela

11. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello everyone,

with the latest app versions you will see both the actual as well as the average speed in the recording as well as in the navigation mode.

Best regards
    Daniela

12. Improve instructions when approaching roundabouts

The voice instructions for roundabouts (traffic circles) are often confusing and mean you have to stop and look at the map. Or you take the wrong turn and go off course.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

thanks a lot for the idea! The voice navigation has been improved especially when reaching roundabouts with the latest Android App version. Let us know if you have any feedback for us at help@komoot.de!

Based on that, we will then implement the update for the iOS app as well.

Best regards
    Daniela

13. Could you had Israel map to your app

I live in Israel and when I checked your app, which looks like a great idea for me, I didn't find my country (Israel) map and the all region= middle-east map

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Ali,

Israel is now available.

There are no regions however, but you can plan Tours and download them with the entire maps needed for the tour and use them for offline navigation.

Just plan a Tour, then use the button “offline available” underneath it, and it will be downloaded with all the maps you need. Needless to say, you can then follow the Tour with voice navigation via GPS, without being connected to the internet.

It is of course also possible to use komoot with internet connection in Israel, and record your Tours.

We also added all further Middle Eastern regions to our to-do list, so they will be added as we go along!

Best regards
    Daniela

14. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

you can already import or export GPX-Files.

To upload them, go here: http://www.komoot.de/upload/

Imported files saved as “Planned Tours” can be edited and used as offline Tours with voice navigation on the app. Imported files saved as “Recorded Tours” will appear in your Profile among your completed Tours. You can save them under a date of your choice and add photos and Highlights to the,

You’ll find the download of GPX-Files on our website right below the map of the tour.

More info: http://help.komoot.de/knowledgebase/articles/486300

Beste Regards,
    Daniela

15. Duplicate planned route

I would like to use a route that I've planned earlier as a basis to plan a new route. Hence I would love to copy the old one into a new and then modify it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

when you open the planned tour and customize it it automatically saves the new tour as a duplicate and will not overwrite the other tour.

Beste regards,
    Benedict

16. use komoot also for orientation. So not directly for planning and recording

it would be nice to use komoot also for orientation. So not directly for planning and recording

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Veeni

you can also do that – just open the app in the planning mode and you will see your current location. Tap on the map to make the planning panel disappear (Android) and see the full map.

Best regards
    Daniela

17. Editing photos after upload

Hei,
    when taking pictures during the tour in the komoot app, one can add a title/comment for that specific picture. Often I don't have time to do that :) I also noticed that pictures taken during a ride outside of the komoot app, with the iPhone camera, can be added to the tour and are placed correctly according to the place they were taken. But there is no option to add a title/comment to those pictures.

It would be great if the pictures could be edited in that way, after they have been uploaded, so that my followers can get…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Pause does not work

When it pauses the tour seems that the time of the route continues counting, and it does not stop until the stop definitively

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Alberto

let komoot set the pause automatically – in this case we are able to deduct the paused time from the time in motion via GPS. So don’t pause manually, and komoot will pause itself if you don’t move for longer periods of time.

Best wishes
    Daniela

19. Round Trip

Would be good if the planned route could be a round trip back to where you started, as a suggested route.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

on our website you can activate “Round-Trip” right under your starting point and destination. This will automatically plan the way back to your start. By adding a third point waypoint (or even more) with a right click you can plan beautiful round trips.

Best regards,
    Benedict

20. topographical maps

I'm really trying to give your product a real reason to exist. Topographical maps? Where are they?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Peter,

we have recently updated our maps, that offer even more topographical details now – both on our websites as well as of course in the apps.

Best regards
    Daniela

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base