English | Deutsch

Ideas

Do you have suggestions to help us make komoot even better? Please use the search to check whether your idea has already been posted. You can then vote for it!

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. RENAME

It would be great to be able to rename the tour in the app, both for planned and for completed one.

Thanks!

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello everyone,

since the last update of our Android-app, it is now possible to edit the names of completed tours here.

Aside from this you can now:

- Add/remove photos
    - Change the type of sports
    - Render the tour public/private

On planned tours you can now:
    - Change the type of sports
    - Render the tour public/private

Enjoy the new features!

Daniela

2. Include ferries in routes

When planning routes that include ferries (as marked on the map), the ferry should be included as part of the route.

What is happening right now is the route is calculated by road only, so there is a lot of back tracking to be done within the plan.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone

in general, we are using ferries on komoot.

Among others, we are using the data of Openstreetmap, a type of wikipedia for trails. Everyone can help and add missing paths to that data base, which makes the amount of entered paths and POIs increase bit by bit.

The data will be incorporated into our map on a regular basis and can ultimately also be used for planning tours (at the moment it takes about 1 weeks until the new data is available for route planning).

If the paths displayed on the komoot map cannot be used on our routing or in this case the ferry, it is possible they have either not been correctly connected to the adjoining streets, or you are not allowed to use them via the chosen sport.

To find out more about the project Openstreetmap or participate yourself, go here: http://www.openstreetmap.org. You can…

3. 7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello everyone

with the changes we made to the app this year, the tracking line is now much thicker and easy to see than it used to be. We hope you enjoy it!

Best regards
    Daniela

4. Show who planned a suggested tour (web interface)

When you suggest tours on the map, I currently see the track and can plan a tour based on it.

However, what I'd like to see is, who originally did or planned it, making it possible to
    1) look at their photos
    2) see if that person planned other tours similar to this.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Nicholaz,

if you click on one of the suggested Highlights, the Tours suggested here are compiled by our system, based on Tours recorded in that area, to ensure the best possible routing for your selected sports type.

Clicking on a Highlight shows you the profile icon of the person who created it. If you visit their Profile, you can see their public Tours and thus get additional ideas as well as use those as basis for your own Tours.

More on our Highlights and smart Tours; http://help.komoot.de/knowledgebase/articles/503175

Best regards
    Daniela

5. make uploaded tours private by default.

As it is, I can switch private mode to "on" and upload the tour, just to have it public right after uploading.
    It seems to me that the "private" switch isn't evaluated.

If you need more details to reproduce the buff bug, let me know!

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone,

if you save your Tour as “Private”, that setting is chosen by default when saving your next Tour. This Tour is not visible to anyone but yourself in that case.

Best regards
    Daniela

6. Photos title

After adding photos during or after the tour, the title is showned only if the photo is highlighted.
    It would be cool to add a comment or title on the photo even if we don't think that the picture should appear as highlight.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. show track line at highest zoom level

The line of my planned track always disappears at the highest zoom level and only the arrows are shown. This is very annoying since sometimes roads can be quite close to each other. Additionally it would be nice if we were able to zoom even more to have more details.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

as far as we are aware, these problems should no longer appear. If you still are having troubles here, please get in touch with us directly via help[at]komoot.de – we’ll look into the issue then!

Best regards
    Daniela

8. Open GPX from ios share

I wanted to check if Komoot doesn't screw up a gpx when imported through the Komoot iPhone app.

So I opened WhatsApp and looked up the GPX file shared in one of my cycling groups, this was a file for a group ride (The same file I tried to import via the website but that ended up FUBAR).

After I found it, I downloaded it to my device and I pressed the share button.

To my surprise I didn't see Komoot between the sharing options, I did see Wahoo Elemnt, but I had hoped it was possible to import a…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Dear komoot fans,

As promised last week, this feature is now live and ready! Now, you can import any GPS file (GPX, TCX, FIT) directly into the iOS app from your phone’s file, via Garmin Connect, from your Wahoo account—as well as via the share extension native to all iOS and Android devices.

We truly hope you enjoy this feature! And if you’ve got any feedback, please let us know—we’d love to know what you think.

For more information, check out our blog post here: https://blog.komoot.com/how-to-navigate-any-route-on-komoot/11475

A guide on how to upload GPS files is found here: http://help.komoot.de/knowledgebase/articles/1854562

The komoot team

9. Allow setting tour location of uploaded photos

When uploading photos to a GPX track, the photos are all located at the start. There is already a suggestion/topic suggesting to locate the photo based on EXIF/GPS data. But there should also be a way to drag photos to places manually (web interface) when no such data is available.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello everyone,

it is now possible to allocate a new location to photos on your Tour, or give a location to photos you add to your Tour later.

Use the “edit” button you can see in the overview map of your completed tour, then click on the tab “photos” on the next page. Each photo you see here has a tiny pin icon on the top right, next to the delete icon. Click that pin icon, to start repositioning your photo.

You can also upload new photos here, and allocate a position to them in the same manner.

Best regards
    Daniela

10. Do not confuse movable bridge and ferry crossing

Hi, this short tour leads across a movable bicycle bridge: https://www.komoot.com/tour/15911324?ref=wtd
    But Komoot incorrectly marks it as containing a ferry crossing.
    The OSM tagging is correct.
    Could you correct this?

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Group Activities (with screenshot mockup)

The ability to add friends to a planned or 'to record' tour. It has been suggested before, but I wanted to elaborate on it.

If friends accept the invitation, the ride recorded on the group leader's phone becomes automatically available on all team members' profiles once the ride is complete. As if they had recorded it themselves.

This could be a neat feature for Komoot to acquire new users, since they would have to sign up to Komoot to comment.

Images are below.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone

it’s now possible to invite friends to join your planned Tours. Your friends can accept your invitations, and the Tours are then added to their Profiles. Likewise, you can mark them on your completed ones, and they will show up in your friends’ profile as well.

Have fun planning and enjoying your Tours together!

Best regards
    Daniela

12. Plan start location setting

When i plan a new route i have to search for my hometown, it would be nice to set the default start location (city or coordinate) to ease the route creation

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello everyone

if your browser is set to display your current location, then we will automatically zoom the map to that area on our website. If you click in the planning menu, you can choose the target icon on the right hand side, to automatically enter the detected current location as the starting point of your Tour.

In the app, we also zoom to your current location when you open the map view, if you have your GPS turned on. If you want to plan a Tour, on both apps we automatically insert your current position as the starting point, when you open the planning menu. You can change that to any other place by entering a town name, using a saved Highlight or POI, or choosing the starting point on the map.

Best regards
    Daniela

13. Thick blue route line - thinner or transparent

The main blue line showing the route is too thick and covers the town names and other details - partly transparent or thinner would be much better.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello everyone,

you can fade out the blue line by pressing the key “M” on your keyboard and thus see the street names underneath. Pressing the “H” key fades out the planning menu on the left.

Best regards
    Daniela

14. Hello. I purchased the product for 8,99€. But when I plan a route from Dinteloord to Rotterdam it allways chooses a Ferry (from Willemstad t

Hello

I purchased the product. Everytime I want to plan a route from Dinteloord to rotterdam it takes a Ferry. From Willemstad to Numansdorp there is a bridge and NOT a Ferry. This Ferry does not exist!

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. to upload gpx files from mobile app as well (not just from Desktop)

It would be so useful to have an opportunity to upload gpx files as planned tours from my komoot mobile app as well, not just from Desktop.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. How can i share a route as gpx file?

How can i share a route as gpx file? I like your app for creating routes but when i am in action i prefer to use my garmin gps device.. so, can we make the route gpx file?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Move route lines to lower layer

Could you move route lines (and also some road lines) to be drawn at very bottom (on lower layers) - now is quite often then road or track lines obscure place names or interesting place icons.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello elk,

if you zoom in on the apps, you will see that the route starts becoming transparent. You will then be able to see the street names underneath it.

On our route planner on the website, you can make the tourline disappear by using the key combination STRG (Mac: CMD)+ M.

Best regards
    Daniela

18. Hi, is it possible to let the information shield (on left part of the screen when viewing your tour) dis/reappear? Bigger screen!

When planning or viewing your tour, the white information shield (with the tour details) is a little inconvenient on the screen: it covers the map for a great deal.

As in google earth it would be nice to be able to make this shield disappear and reappear with a '>>' and '<< button!'

Secondly: is it possible to make the route you planned disappear and reappear on the map. I tend to choose the google earth map (not the geographic map) and on the google earth map the track can often be seen on the sattelite image. If you could…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

there is a hidden feature. Hot Key
    you can press H in the planning interface and the white box disappears.
    You can press M and the line on the map disappears.

19. Payment by PayPal

PayPal is a lot more secure that giving Credit Card information, so I'll not be buying your product.
    When you get PayPal then OK.

NT

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Featured Routes

It would be great to have featured routes that show up on the map. This would be especially helpful for when you travel to an area that you are unfamiliar with. A featured route could possibly be a route that is popular and number of people have done the route or routes that have a high rating. Something like highlights but for routes

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello everyone,

with our Highlights, we already enable this functionality. To most Highlights, our system creates suggested Smart Tours based on tours recorded by other komoot users in that area. The Highlights are already displayed on the map on our website and on the iOS app (this is also planned for Android systems). Clicking on them will show you the suggested Smart Tours you can save and use for navigation.

More on our Smart Tours and Highlights here:

http://help.komoot.de/knowledgebase/articles/503175-highlights-and-smart-tours

Best regards
    Daniela

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base