English | Deutsch

Ideas

Do you have suggestions to help us make komoot even better? Please use the search to check whether your idea has already been posted. You can then vote for it!

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. It would be handy to add friends to your own tour. In case one forgot its phone.

It would be handy to add friends on komoot to your own tour. In case one forgot its phone (ja, still happens sometimes). After finishing and saving the tour you easily can add a friend. Afterwards it shows up on your friends recording too.
    Greetings

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello everyone,

with the latest updates to app and website, adding friends to Tours is now possible. You can add each other to planned Tours as well as completed ones, who will then appear in your own Profile.

Best regards
    Daniela

2. komoot for Norway, Finland and Sweden and (eastern countrys for example) Ukraine

It would be great to have this app on Windows Phone 8,
    furthermore Norway, Finland and Sweden would be greatly appreciated :) Maybe even the eastern country's for example Ukraine and Russia.
    Greetings

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Garmin connect sync automatically

Can you please make it possible to sync garmin data to komoot automatically.

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. TOUR DATE

It would be great to change/input the date of a tour. In fact if you need to upload more than a tour at hte same time (e.g. tour of the past) they will all have the same date. This will also help in classifing and searching your tours.

Thanks!

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello everyone,

thank you very much for the idea!

With the updates to the GPX upload we made in 2015, it is possible to set the date of the Tour you want to save as completed yourself.

Best regards
    Daniela

5. Automatically turn screen on and off

Create a feature which automatically turns off the phones screen when there are no turns and switch on the display at juntions and announcements.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone

that features is already available in the Android app. Start a tour, tap on the sound icon, then you can choose the feature to wake up the screen before intersection.

Realizing this mode for the iOS app is a bit more more complex (we cannot entirely turn off the screen there). Should there be any changes, we’ll keep you posted here!

best regards
    Daniela

6. Create ipad app

Hi there, I have a desktop Mac but I mainly use my iPad and iPhone as I'm often not at home- any works in the pipeline for an iPad app? I really like the iPhone one but basically one that was the same but could be used both landscape and portrait on iPads would be great for planning routes as of course there's more screen space.

Cheers!

Josh, London

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone

thanks a lot for the idea! With the latest release of our iOS App, the iPad version of komoot is now available!

best regards
    Daniela

7. Garmin Fenix Support planned?

Hi,

I regulary use komoot for biking trips. But using the smartphone wasn't always the nicest way.
    Garmin now has an interesting watch, the Garmin Fenix
    https://buy.garmin.com/de-DE/DE/p/560327

Is komoot planing to support Garmin Watches in some way?

Thank you so much,
    best
    Stephan

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Release Komoot for U.S. App Store

I'm an American customer living in Germany, but I can't download komoot from Apple's U.S. App Store. I guess it is only available in the Germany App Store.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone,

komoot is already available in the US app store. Offline maps are not yet available worldwide, but we are working on that. It is of course already possible to plan and record tours also in the US.

Best regards

Daniela

9. 16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

we recently updated the routing data, so that the maps and the route planning are now both up to date and on the same level.

Changes made on OpenStreetMap are not yet automatically and regularly transferred to our route planning, but as mentioned before here, we are working on that as well

Best regards,

Daniela

10. Improve legibility during tour (bright daylight plus case means distance not legible)

Font for distance ahead of next turn should be much bigger.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello everyone,

since the topic has been opened here, there have already been quite a few changes to the the displays.

With our latest app versions we have improved the display even further.

You can now increase the speedometer display on the Android app by tapping on the different fields, such as current speed, etc. This will follow on the iPhone version with the upcoming release.

Best regards
    Daniela

11. Center the map in the bottom of the screen in the navigation mode.

I use komoot app on my iPhone to navigate during MTB rides. What I really need during my tours is to be able to see the route and the map in front of me. Exactly like it is done in the navigation systems for cars or in Google maps.

Currently, in the navigation mode the map is centered in the middle of the screen. Most of the upper half of the screen is used to display the next turn, speed, etc. and only 10-15% of the screen is used to show me where I am actually going. All the information…

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone,

with the latest update of our iOS app (7.3), we have changed that again. The location point has been moved and it is now again possible to deactivate the speedometer view by tapping on it while you are under way.

Best regards
    Daniela

12. Metric system

The site is using some weird, prehistoric measurement system with fingers, feet, miles, knots, versta, attioparsecs, jiffies, microfortnights, whatevers.

It would be so bleeding edge to upgrade to the metric system. Or at least to have a "caveman" and a "modern human" choice. :-)

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Share a tour with a follower or a person you follow

Instead of having the choice to share a tour only via a link, on facebook, mail, etc... It would be nice to have the possibility to share it on komoot directly.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Giuseppe

with our latest changes, you can now invite friends to your planed Tours. They will receive a mail and will be able to join your planned Tour. Once they have joined, it appears on their own list of planned Tours, and you can all comment on it and navigate the Tour together,

Best regards
    Daniela

14. Improve tour planing on Android app

On the web there's a window on the left to add points, order them and change between loop or single track.
    In the app once we want to see more details after adding a few points, there's no way to come back to reorder the points, that means creating a new tour, the problem is if we added manually some points when we were looking the map in detail.
    Same problem if we want to modify an existing tour to add a point for example, it is impossible from the app.
    I think you got my point.
    Thank you for…

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. OTHER FUNCTIONALITIES AVAILABLE WHILE RECORDING

While recording all the other app functions are blocked. It would be great to have the rec in back ground and let all the rest of the app available for replanning or other use.

Thanks!

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. allow to turn off route guidance but continue track recording

When I have to change the destination while following a planned tour I want to be able to stop turn-by-turn directions without at the same time stopping the tour recording. Currently if you stop guidance it also forces to stop and save or delete the recording.
    This must work while offline and online without having auto-rerouting on.
    Use case: e.g. you have a bike accident and use GoogleMaps to guide you to the nearest hospital you want to stop hearing conflicting voice commands from 2 apps, so you want to stop komoot guidance without having to stop tour recording.
    An…

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello everyone

you can do that in the Android as well as in the iOS app.

Android: Pause a Tour via the STOP Button (pull up). You will see the title of your Tour at the top, and on the right an X. Tap on it, and you’ll be asked if you wish to quit the navigation. The recording will be continued.

iOS: Tap on the three dots on the bottom right, then choose “Pause Tour”. Now you’ll see a blue bar at the top, and above it a brief info on your tour (first/last way point), as well as an X to the right. Tap on it, and choose the function to continue the recording. The navigation will be stopped, but the recording will commence.

Best regards
    Daniela

17. LONGER TITLES AND DESCRIPTION

If a longer title is input the app does not allow to see or scroll all the title. It would be ideal to have the title in more lines or to make it scrollable.

It would be also great to have a space where input the summary of the tour experience and basic info.

Thanks!

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone

this has been realized in both app versions in the meantime. You can see the total title of your tour both in the iOS and Android app.

Best regards
    Daniela

18. Show all shared routes in a particular region.

I would like to be able to use this app to browse routes in a particular geographic region. For example, I live in Geneva, and would like to check out day trips that other users have recommended. At present the only option I have is to flip through a stack of cards that shoe other tours that users have uploaded, with nothing more than a name, photo and distance to judge by unless I tap on the card (thereby changing screens and losing my place in the stack).
    Instead, I'd like to be able to pull up a map, zoom…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello everyone

we have changed the app and website overview significantly this year. In our “Discover” area (star icon in the app), you can now see all Tours our system has compiled based on the recorded Tours and recommended Highlights in that area. Just go into our discover area, then enter the town name you search for and you’ll see our suggestions. With our “Collections”, we’ll give you selections of Tours and Highlights that might be interesting to you in that area. These are composed by our team or in cooperation with partners, and you’ll find interesting Tours on long distances cycleways here, for instance, or the best MBT trails in a specific region.

Check it out here:

https://www.komoot.de/discover

Best regards
    Daniela

19. Tours with friends and shared planning

It has already been suggested to share a completed Tour with friends who took that Tour together with you (so that it appears in their profile). It would also be nice to have the option to show in your profile with whom you did the tour (i.e. in addition to time, distance, elevation change).
    On top of that it would be neat to give selected friends private access to your planned Tours so that you can edit and plan it together (e.g. your friends could add Waypoints, Highlights, and perhaps even short comments on certain stretches of the route.)
    Thanks…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

planning a Tour and sharing it with friends is now possible. The planned Tour can then be commented on by all participants and will appear in each of their profiles.

When completed, you can add who’s been with you on the Tour, and it will also be added to your friends’ Profile once they confirm.

Best regards
    Daniela

20. have the option to filter on road types when planning a tour

When komoot autosearches a route from a to b, it would be nice to be able to avoid non-asphalted roads when on a bike not suited for other road types for example.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Daniel

we’re already trying to avoid roads without asphalt when planning road bike Tour. We will always try to plan the best possible tour based on the type of sports you choose. If you’Re not happy with our planning, send us an example of a planned Tour here, as well as the alternative solution you’d have chosen, so we can improve our routing:

https://goo.gl/forms/fb3hbqHUNoccfGh83

Best regards
    Daniela

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base