English | Deutsch

Ideas

Do you have suggestions to help us make komoot even better? Please use the search to check whether your idea has already been posted. You can then vote for it!

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Italian version of komoot

Offer an Italian language version of the komoot app

455 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

currently we can not provide other languages than German and English yet. At the moment we think about possible solutions and chances to offer other languages in the future. But I can’t promise anything yet. You will be updated through your vote for this idea.

Kind regards,
    Benedict

2. Spanish version of komoot

Off the komoot app in the Spanish language

369 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

currently we can not provide other languages than German and English yet. At the moment we think about possible solutions and chances to offer other languages in the future. But I can’t promise anything yet. You will be updated through your vote for this idea.

Kind regards,
    Benedict

3. 364 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone,

We believe navigation directions at your wrist are an extremely useful case for smart watches, especially for outdoor activities. That is the reason we constantly invest in developing great apps and new features for various OS combinations such as the Apple Watch and many further smart watches.

You’ll find an overview of our current options here: http://help.komoot.de/knowledgebase/articles/613362

For Garmin iQ we provide a first solution with notifications (please also see the link above). However, we are not yet able to provide a full app that meets our quality standards. We will of course keep you posted here.

Thank you for your understanding

Best regards
    Daniela

4. GPX tracks viewing on smart watch (Gear S3)

Can you please create functionality for smart watch (Samsung Gear S3) that will allow me to see imported .gpx track on map together with my position so I can use it to follow the track without the need to pull out my phone every now and then? It doesn't have to be stand alone feature as I have my phone all the time with me anyway.

143 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello everyone

thanks a lot for this interesting idea!

We’ll see what we can do to implement it. Should there be any plans here, we’ll post a respective update.

Please mind that we are unable to give you exact dates here. If you have entered the idea or voted vor it, you’ll be informed via mail as soon as we have updated the status here.

Best regards
    Daniela

5. Heart Rate Monitoring with zones

This app is outstanding. To put it over the top include heart rate zone monitoring through bluetooth strap with zone alarms. This can also be expanded to cadence for biking like runtastic or garmin with the appropriate sensor at the crank.

104 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello everyone

We’ll see what we can do to implement it. Should there be any plans here, we’ll post a respective update.

Please mind that we are unable to give you exact dates here. If you have entered the idea or voted vor it, you’ll be informed via mail as soon as we have updated the status here.

Best regards
    Daniela

6. Advanced Offline mode / Plan Tours offline (App)

Make a tour changeable in offline mode / Allow rerouting while being off-line.

96 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone,

we are aware that offline planning is a very popular idea, and needless to say, we would enjoy being able to offer you this feature. At the moment it is not technically realizable, however.

Why? It’s our aim to offer you a reliable route planning on a worldwide base. Especially in case of a technology that crosses several platforms as in our case, this is not yet realizable. We are of course continually working on evaluating new technological options to solve this challenging problem to both your and our best contentment.

Thank you very much for your understanding and best regards

Daniela

7. Offroad planning / Allow planning off the trail

Often there may be a small piece of track missing or someone goes off trail for a summit. Allowing the route between waypoints to be set as direct would help with this.

I would see this as having an auto route setting that can be turned on/off while adding waypoints. Users would then go into the list of waypoints and toggle the auto route setting for each waypoint as needed.

Inserting waypoints would inherit the setting from the previous waypoint.

91 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello everyone,

we’ll look into how we can improve the direction of travel of our map display in both apps in the future – we’ll keep you posted here!

Best regards
    Daniela

8. Display altitude in speedometer / on map during Tour (App)

It would be great to have the altitude info in the tracking info that appear and disappear when you're navigation or tracking and you click on the map. The include information about your speed, time and distance but so far no information about the altitude.

It would be also usefull to have the titude info always shown in one of the map corner even if if I'm not tracking.
    Thanks!

90 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is unfortunately not that easy, as the altitude measured by the GPS signal is not all that accurate. We are looking into ways to realize this, however. Thank you for your suggestion!

9. Make all sports selectable when planning a route / Add more sports for routing

The current setup only allows me to choose hiking, biking (various types), and climbing as activities when I'm planning a route (see attachment). Could this be changed to include all sport options, such as running (all types)?

Thanks,
    Mike

76 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    16 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello everyone,

We have now added “Jogging” as new routable sport to all our latest app versions and the website, so you can now plan your Jogging tours with komoot and share your favorite jogging tracks with other komoot users as Highlights.

Regarding other sports: we only add new sports as routable sports when they can reliably used with our routing and followed with our voice navigation. That’s why we cannot easily make all sport types you can currently use to save your Tour as plannable sports.

We are planning on adding further icons for requested sports here, such as water sports or riding, and will keep you updated when that is the case. When that is the case, you’ll be able to save your recorded Tour as a riding Tour for instance.

Making water sports routable is an entirely different topic, and one we can at the moment not…

10. Upload Tours / Pictures only with WIFI connection

This saves network traffic while on the road.

74 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Merge two recorded activities / tours

Sometimes I need to divide the tour in multiple parts (i.e the app crashes or something like that) and it would be nice to merge these in the webinterface

70 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello everyone

Best regards
    Daniela

12. Share tours only with followers / Additional privacy mode

When sharing a planned tour with a friend I'm setting this tour as public which I don't like.

Like in garmin connect it would be useful to have couple of basic privacy settings like:

-private
    -shared with my followers (all)
    -shared with followerX,Y,Z (selected)
    -public

hope it makes sense,
    thx

66 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello

Best regards
    Daniela

13. Color Codes for Komoot Outdoor map

The 'Komoot Outdoor' map is great. However, in the zoomed mode it is hard to distinguish the roads (K and L Strasse) from the main hike/bike trails. The width is different but both are white. You've done a good job to distinguish single trails (black) from the main hike/bike trails. It would be good to choose another color for the K and L Strasse.

65 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under Review  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add landscape / widescreen mode

I desperately need that landscape feature to use the app with my handlebar mount. Without the app is useless to me. Unfortunatley, cause it is actually great.

57 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello

Best regards
    Daniela

15. Display hiking trail / cycling route signs on map.

When plannig a trip it would be helpful if the map would show signs of the official hiking paths (ie Eiffelsteig)
    Or take for example in the saxony switzerland: most of the path are labelled by color. Those labels would be very nice to see on the map.

56 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Gabriel

Best regards
    Daniela

16. Planned tour time calculated on my historical data

What I really miss in a tour planner is something that can give me an accurate expected time. I see that there is a fitness level slider to chose from “couch potato” to “pro” and this is a good solution.
    What about adding a custom profile based on my historical data to increase the accuracy? This could be done using the completed tours or importing and tagging with a sport, then this tours could be processed to create some customized routing profiles: one for each sport processed (I played a bit with graphhopper https://github.com/graphhopper/graphhopper/blob/0.6/docs/core/create-new-flagencoder.md to create my custom hiking profile) …

52 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello everyone

Best regards
    Daniela

17. Improve elevation profile while following tour / Scalable elevation profile

When you are following a tour on your device you have the option to show an elevation profile. This shows the elevation profile of the tour from beginning to end. If the tour is long say 100km, the profile is so compressed as to be of little use. My suggestions are: 1. Start the profile chart from your actual position so that space isn't wasted on the part you have already covered. 2. Only show the next 5-10km (perhaps depending on the type of tour) from your current position.

51 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Winstanr

Best regards
    Daniela

18. Make POIs / Highlights available offline

When you download your route, It would be nice to also be able to search an area around the route for things like camp sites, attractions etc whilst off-line.

In particular I think that using this feature for finding accommodation would be most useful.

Perhaps the area that is downloaded could be an adjustable area, say a range from 1 to 20 miles surrounding the planned route. Also including the option to select where that info is downloaded to (internal or external storage on smart device)

49 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Chris

Best regards
    Daniela

19. Add live tracking option / Find currently active users

Our cycle club is building a web page to track the positions of our riders every few minutes, so anyone with the right permission, on the ride or not, can see where all riders are.

Our Android users will broadcast their location continuously with the Android Osmand app, but the iPhone version does not do it, and anyway Komoot is better.

Osmand is open-source, so the live tracking is an open standard. Adding this code to just the Komoot client would allow Komoot to drive these webpages just like Osmand, and let users choose the best client app.

47 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello

Best regards
    Daniela

20. Turn maps by 360 degrees

It would be great to make the maps turnable 360 degrees in order to see a tour from different or more familiar perspective.

Thanks!

44 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello everyone

Best regards
    Daniela

← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base