English | Deutsch

Ideas

Do you have suggestions to help us make komoot even better? Please use the search to check whether your idea has already been posted. You can then vote for it!

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Problems with bridges in Copenhagen

When planning tours in Copenhagen, some bridges are impossible to cross. Examples are Inderhavnsbroen (1401 København K) and Bryggebroen (1561 København V).
    The routing algorithm goes to the middle of the bridge, and then continues on the ferry route passing under it! (Quite funny, but not very useful.)
    It would be good if you could do a QA on your data base regarding these points.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. use komoot also for orientation. So not directly for planning and recording

it would be nice to use komoot also for orientation. So not directly for planning and recording

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Veeni

you can also do that – just open the app in the planning mode and you will see your current location. Tap on the map to make the planning panel disappear (Android) and see the full map.

Best regards
    Daniela

3. Pause does not work

When it pauses the tour seems that the time of the route continues counting, and it does not stop until the stop definitively

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Alberto

let komoot set the pause automatically – in this case we are able to deduct the paused time from the time in motion via GPS. So don’t pause manually, and komoot will pause itself if you don’t move for longer periods of time.

Best wishes
    Daniela

4. Hello. I purchased the product for 8,99€. But when I plan a route from Dinteloord to Rotterdam it allways chooses a Ferry (from Willemstad t

Hello

I purchased the product. Everytime I want to plan a route from Dinteloord to rotterdam it takes a Ferry. From Willemstad to Numansdorp there is a bridge and NOT a Ferry. This Ferry does not exist!

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Create ipad app

Hi there, I have a desktop Mac but I mainly use my iPad and iPhone as I'm often not at home- any works in the pipeline for an iPad app? I really like the iPhone one but basically one that was the same but could be used both landscape and portrait on iPads would be great for planning routes as of course there's more screen space.

Cheers!

Josh, London

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone

thanks a lot for the idea! With the latest release of our iOS App, the iPad version of komoot is now available!

best regards
    Daniela

6. Do not confuse movable bridge and ferry crossing

Hi, this short tour leads across a movable bicycle bridge: https://www.komoot.com/tour/15911324?ref=wtd
    But Komoot incorrectly marks it as containing a ferry crossing.
    The OSM tagging is correct.
    Could you correct this?

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Include ferries in routes

When planning routes that include ferries (as marked on the map), the ferry should be included as part of the route.

What is happening right now is the route is calculated by road only, so there is a lot of back tracking to be done within the plan.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone

in general, we are using ferries on komoot.

Among others, we are using the data of Openstreetmap, a type of wikipedia for trails. Everyone can help and add missing paths to that data base, which makes the amount of entered paths and POIs increase bit by bit.

The data will be incorporated into our map on a regular basis and can ultimately also be used for planning tours (at the moment it takes about 1 weeks until the new data is available for route planning).

If the paths displayed on the komoot map cannot be used on our routing or in this case the ferry, it is possible they have either not been correctly connected to the adjoining streets, or you are not allowed to use them via the chosen sport.

To find out more about the project Openstreetmap or participate yourself, go here: http://www.openstreetmap.org. You can…

8. Change data displayed on Apple Watch while komoot is running

The app is working well with my new Apple Watch but I wish it gave me options of to display on the Watch ... as a hiker I don't really fuss about pace, but am very interested in distance travelled.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Sandra

thanks a lot for your idea! You can swipe the speedometer to the left during the navigation and have the distance traveled as well as the time remaining displayed.

Best regards
    Daniela

9. allow to turn off route guidance but continue track recording

When I have to change the destination while following a planned tour I want to be able to stop turn-by-turn directions without at the same time stopping the tour recording. Currently if you stop guidance it also forces to stop and save or delete the recording.
    This must work while offline and online without having auto-rerouting on.
    Use case: e.g. you have a bike accident and use GoogleMaps to guide you to the nearest hospital you want to stop hearing conflicting voice commands from 2 apps, so you want to stop komoot guidance without having to stop tour recording.
    An…

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello everyone

you can do that in the Android as well as in the iOS app.

Android: Pause a Tour via the STOP Button (pull up). You will see the title of your Tour at the top, and on the right an X. Tap on it, and you’ll be asked if you wish to quit the navigation. The recording will be continued.

iOS: Tap on the three dots on the bottom right, then choose “Pause Tour”. Now you’ll see a blue bar at the top, and above it a brief info on your tour (first/last way point), as well as an X to the right. Tap on it, and choose the function to continue the recording. The navigation will be stopped, but the recording will commence.

Best regards
    Daniela

10. have the option to filter on road types when planning a tour

When komoot autosearches a route from a to b, it would be nice to be able to avoid non-asphalted roads when on a bike not suited for other road types for example.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Daniel

we’re already trying to avoid roads without asphalt when planning road bike Tour. We will always try to plan the best possible tour based on the type of sports you choose. If you’Re not happy with our planning, send us an example of a planned Tour here, as well as the alternative solution you’d have chosen, so we can improve our routing:

https://goo.gl/forms/fb3hbqHUNoccfGh83

Best regards
    Daniela

11. Automatically turn screen on and off

Create a feature which automatically turns off the phones screen when there are no turns and switch on the display at juntions and announcements.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone

that features is already available in the Android app. Start a tour, tap on the sound icon, then you can choose the feature to wake up the screen before intersection.

Realizing this mode for the iOS app is a bit more more complex (we cannot entirely turn off the screen there). Should there be any changes, we’ll keep you posted here!

best regards
    Daniela

12. Plan start location setting

When i plan a new route i have to search for my hometown, it would be nice to set the default start location (city or coordinate) to ease the route creation

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello everyone

if your browser is set to display your current location, then we will automatically zoom the map to that area on our website. If you click in the planning menu, you can choose the target icon on the right hand side, to automatically enter the detected current location as the starting point of your Tour.

In the app, we also zoom to your current location when you open the map view, if you have your GPS turned on. If you want to plan a Tour, on both apps we automatically insert your current position as the starting point, when you open the planning menu. You can change that to any other place by entering a town name, using a saved Highlight or POI, or choosing the starting point on the map.

Best regards
    Daniela

13. Show waypoints on elevation profile

On the Tour page the elevation is shown which is great but it would be nice to also have the ability to see the waypoints on this graph/chart making it easier to see the elevation at various key spots.

Having more data on this graph would add clutter so perhaps something like a zoom link that shows the elevation on a new page with the waypoints added. Would be nice to see the elevation on the waypoints as well to make it clearer rather than looking at the elevation lines.

40 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello everyone

thanks a lot for this interesting idea!

POIs and Highlights you used for planning your Tour are displayed in the elevation profile now in planning as well in navigation mode.

Best regards
    Daniela

14. Improve instructions when approaching roundabouts

The voice instructions for roundabouts (traffic circles) are often confusing and mean you have to stop and look at the map. Or you take the wrong turn and go off course.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

thanks a lot for the idea! The voice navigation has been improved especially when reaching roundabouts with the latest Android App version. Let us know if you have any feedback for us at help@komoot.de!

Based on that, we will then implement the update for the iOS app as well.

Best regards
    Daniela

15. Calculate round trip routes based on distance entered

Some garmin units offer round trip routing whereby you just define a start point then enter a distance. A choice of 3 circular routes are then produced. You pick one and ride. You can also see the elevation before choosing which is nice.
    This would be a great feature!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow touch features on web (pinch & zoom, pan)

When using the web version (no Universal App for Windows yet) on my Surface tablet I need to attach the keyboard to use the touchpad to create a route. It would be good if the site was touch friendly.

Keep up the good work.

Thanks,
    Ants

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Ants,

the touch features should be available and usable in the planning mode of our website. If you are having issues with this, please contact us at help[at]komoot.de

Thanks a lot in advance!

Best regards
    Daniela

17. Center the map in the bottom of the screen in the navigation mode.

I use komoot app on my iPhone to navigate during MTB rides. What I really need during my tours is to be able to see the route and the map in front of me. Exactly like it is done in the navigation systems for cars or in Google maps.

Currently, in the navigation mode the map is centered in the middle of the screen. Most of the upper half of the screen is used to display the next turn, speed, etc. and only 10-15% of the screen is used to show me where I am actually going. All the information…

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone,

with the latest update of our iOS app (7.3), we have changed that again. The location point has been moved and it is now again possible to deactivate the speedometer view by tapping on it while you are under way.

Best regards
    Daniela

18. Move route lines to lower layer

Could you move route lines (and also some road lines) to be drawn at very bottom (on lower layers) - now is quite often then road or track lines obscure place names or interesting place icons.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello elk,

if you zoom in on the apps, you will see that the route starts becoming transparent. You will then be able to see the street names underneath it.

On our route planner on the website, you can make the tourline disappear by using the key combination STRG (Mac: CMD)+ M.

Best regards
    Daniela

19. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello everyone,

with the latest app versions you will see both the actual as well as the average speed in the recording as well as in the navigation mode.

Best regards
    Daniela

20. Have a possibility to return navigation back to the starting point. In case I want to return back during a tour

Add a possibility to return navigation back to the starting point. So I can return back instead of continue the tour.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Lehmann

with our latest iOS Update (8.2), you can now find a replan to start button when you tap on the three dots on the bottom right side of the map display.

We’ll look be adding a similar feature for the Android app as well and will keep you posted here.

Best regards
    Daniela

← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base