English | Deutsch

Ideas

Do you have suggestions to help us make komoot even better? Please use the search to check whether your idea has already been posted. You can then vote for it!

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make Komoot more intuitive to use. Current versions are not.

Just easier to use. Komoot is not bad, but user interface is crap.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Ukrainian version of Komoot. Will be glad to help with translation!

I will be just great if you will be able to offer Ukrainian language version of the komoot website. And then the app if you are using the same i18n files. I can help you with translation if you want.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Support for the new garmin fenix 5 plus

Hi,
    I see that the komodo garmin app does not work (yet) with the new fenix 5 plus.
    I am sure that it is temporary, but would like to be sure that it will be supported in the future.
    It seems to me this is the same platform as the fenix 5 (already supported), so I hope the support for fenix 5 plus will be added very soon.
    Thx

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello

thanks a lot for your idea!

We are planning on supporting new Garmin devices in the future, once we have successfully tested they work well with our app. The devices that should fit the requirements are:

- Forerunner 645
    - Forerunner 645 Music
    - Descent MK1
    - Edge 520 plus
    - Fenix 5 plus
    - Fenix 5 X plus
    - Fenix 5 S plus

All of the currently supported devices are listed on our App Store Page (https://apps.garmin.com/en-US/apps/d918ae1e-9e7b-4fdf-b336-46141a0ccd6a).

Unfortunately, some Garmin devices don’t fulfill the technical requirements needed to download komoot routes to the device (e.g.: Vivoactive 3/HR, Fenix 3). If this should change, we will let you know!

In the meantime, you can of course download your komoot Tours as GPX files via our website and transfer them to your device that way. Read this article to find out how: http://help.komoot.de/knowledgebase/articles/486300-gpx-export-and-upload

Best regards
    Daniela

5. Gear update

Your app does not work well at all with the gear3. Fix it or create one that actually works.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. create a setting for the "default ride type"

95% of my rides are road bike rides, but whenever they are uploaded to Komoot they are shown as Bike Tours. I then have to go in the completed tour and change it to a road bike ride before creating any highlights, otherwise the highlights will be bike touring highlights instead of road biking highlights.

A good profile setting would therefore allow users to set their default ride type, so that it defaults to that ride type rather than having to change it after each ride.

Many thanks for the work you do at Komoot.

Best regards,
    Joshua

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Not able to register with Flyer bike information

Hello
    Since some time I try to get a registration number from Komoot for my Flyer bike FIT-divice. The registration website from Komoot will not send me the licence number by e-mail? There is allways a message: website failioure. What is the problem? How can I get a licence number anyway?
    I am from Belgium. Belgium is not in the list of countrys in the address list...
    Thank you
    Dirk

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Planned route sorted by last updated date

When you update a planned route, it should move to the top of the list (of Tours planned). Current behavior is that the route is displayed in the list by it's creation date (and not the date it was updated at).

This page:
    https://www.komoot.com/user/USER_ID_HERE/tours?type=planned

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Mobile apps lack alternative map overlays, especially OpenCycleMap

This is unfortunate as during mid-ride replanning, one has to switch back and forth with another app to check if route being re-planned is a designated cycleway.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Battery drain (iOS) during mid-ride location/directions lookups

Whenever I stop by to check iPhone SE display for location/directions while recording a ride, it first takes 15-20 seconds to actually load the map overlay during which the battery is easily drained 3-5% per each such lookup.

Navigation with voice works otherwise without issues and no extraordinary battery load.

It makes no difference whether the tour being followed is stored offline or not, the phone has 4G access during such lookups in any case. This happens no matter whether battery saving mode is on or off.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Improve cycle path planning depending on the map that is used.

When you use the openstreetmap the cycleways on that map should be used.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Better navigation

Navigation needs to be improved. There should be options for longer routes on main routes instead of shorter routes in secondary streets. Also, the user should be able to optimize ascending /descending versus longer flat routes.

Also, at least on Android navigation should be presented according to your actually place on the route, instead of a high level map. (I was navigating offline, not sure if this made a difference)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. German voice needed

How do I switch the navigation voice from standard US female to German voice? I have the google and samsung voice packages already installed.please help!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Avoid STAIRS option to simplify route creation

Given the limited zoom on the app, it's quite difficult and time consuming to create running routes that avoids STAIRS even using my stylus on my Samsung Galaxy Note8. Stair avoidance (filtering) would be extremely useful for places like Central Park in NYC, where all stairs are clearly marked on maps. This option would help everyone, runners, cyclists, including people with disabilities who cannot use stairs. Please, add this functionality to simplify and expedite custom route creations. Thanks!

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Pup

Is excited

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Pup

Wants to play

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I have purchased the workdwide off-line map & downloaded the track for my 4-day holiday. The map was stored as 'private' & 'off-line'. Durin

I have purchased the workdwide off-line map & downloaded the track for my 4-day holiday.
    The map was stored as 'private' & 'off-line'.
    During the tour, when really off-line, the app only shows directions, no map, no name of track or town, amazing !!!!
    Thus I have used PocketEarth instead, works much better & saved my hiking-trip.
    Very disappointed with Komoot off-line...
    I expect some refurbishment of the app...
    thanks

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Speed electric bikes (Spedelec) routing

In many countries, but specifically in the Netherlands, speed electric bikes are considered motorised bikes (OSM tag mofa).
    Within city limits they need to use the road and are prohibited from cycleways unless the cycleway is authorised for mofa/moped.

Would be great to be able to route using the mofa restrictions.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Plan Circular tours 'Smart Tours' based on distance

When planning a circular tour, you can't tell to use the same start and end point and especially when biking you don't want to retrace steps. So please fix this as well.
    Second to that, in other planners you can ask the app to plan a circular route based on a certain distance (in km, although time would be useful as well), which results in several options for you to explore.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Show longitude/lat

I can't see how you show long/lat for any go's position.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 26 27
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base