English | Deutsch

Ideas

Do you have suggestions to help us make komoot even better? Please use the search to check whether your idea has already been posted. You can then vote for it!

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Original track no longer visible after importing GPX

Importing a GPX track to plan a route, I notice two changes as of September:

1: When reviewing the route, pressing M hides the planned route, but the original track is no longer visible as a red line
    2: Instead of a limited number of waypoints (a few tens) depending on the complexity of the route, I know get hudreds of waypoints, making it nearly impossible to alter/correct the route as desired

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add ability to display any selected trails simultaneously.

Example: A have a 3 day circular trail. Currently I can only display them one at a time. It would be useful to see all 3 trails simultaneously in the map area while only one of them is "active". The "active" trail would be the one for which the elevation profile and other data is given (as it is now). It would be a matter of providing a tick box against all Tours, whether Planned or Completed. Those ticked would be displayed on the map, but only the selected ("active") one would have all of the of the data displayed…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. The starting point should be current location by default

When pressing "Plan New Route" the default starting point should be your current location. This is how Google does it.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. "Get directions" in Komoot

I would like to be able to open a location from say WhatsApp directly in Komoot. Both "Maps" and "Google Maps" on the iPhone supports this. See attachment.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Make the map unclickable during a session

I always click on the map by mistake when biking which pops up a dialog box. Please disable this feature and replace it with an edit button. That is; when a session has been started the user has to press a special button to add a detour. This is how Google does it. You've to click the magnifying glass to add detours. Clicking on the map does nothing.

Think I'm closing the popup box about 15 times a day.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Move the "..." button, it's to close to the compass button

I can never click the right button when biking. I always end up clicking the "..." button or the map instead of the compass button - which I'm using multiply times a day. Having to stop just to close the dialog box and press the compass button.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Export GPX - file name contain datetime and tour-name description

Hello Koomot team,
    until a few months ago when I was exporting a track to a GPX file I had this type of name: 2018-08-08_41667867_cimo-santamariaviewpoint_export.gpx

Now when exporting a gpx track the file has this type of nomenclature: 42172559.gpx

Consequently, it is impossible to "identify" many gpx files by name. The only way is to manually rewrite the date and track name when saving the gpx file on the disk.
    Is it possible to switch back to the old name with Date and tour in the file name?

Many thanks for your support.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Back track.

Hello, I have been using your application for several years but I can not find the option of returning to the starting place. is there an option? How to turn it on? Such a function would be very helpful, for example when hiking in the mountains with limited weather (fog, snowfall). Sincerely. Mateusz Hoffmann

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Gravel Biking

If I upload a ride I cannot change it to gravel biking. When I save it it Goes back to bike riding??

Ron Smeets

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. change activity in one tour

I would like to have possibility to change a type of activity in one tour. If I'm planning bike tour from point A to point D (via point B,C), it would be helpful to plan at once e.g. form A-B gravel bike, B-C - mountain bike and C-D - bike touring. I try to change that way, but I couldn't`.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. personal favorites tab

It would be great to have the possibility to add a tour from the discovery program direct to you own favorites tab. Now you have to store it to your planned tours, which is not the same for me.
    And when storing it it would be great if the tour has several tracks/days, to store it in total or in day by day tracks

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Display current grade / Maximum grade / Average Grade

Hello there !
    Could you please (pretty please) add on the IOS app, the possibility to display the grade (actual / average since beginning / Max grade). this would be fantastic.
    It would also be useful to add those easy calculations for the completed tours, and be able to have those for any selections of the either planned or completed routes.
    Thanks,
    PS this is a wonderful, sorry, I meant, FANTASTIC app. Keep developing it :-). Kind regards, Lionel

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. More accurate maps

The open source maps are not good. Would it be possible to spend some money and get a better map provider?

I live in a relatively urban area and there are roads on your maps which just don't exist!

For roads which do exist, but are not on the map, the 'follow ways' function is great, but for the inverse scenario, my route planning all goes to crap when I'm actually out on a ride and the road isn't even there.

PLEASE consider the cost benefit of better maps.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Make more routes visible in Discover

OK, I live in Preston, a very popular cycling area with half a dozen clubs. However, when i click 'Discover' it includes two pretty average routes which include a fairly insignificant highlight. 'Sheephouse Lane'. As a Pioneer for the area, I have now gone to the trouble of uploading many good road cycling routes, how many are showing? zero.

I'd like to ask my friends to join Komoot and recommend it to them, as a route planning tool it is great BUT your lack of available suggested routes implies that there is 'no-one here and not much happening'

Am I…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. breweries

Brewery option within Search Bar and display on map as selectable items to include on routes.

Every major ride I've gone on we've attempted to stop in at least 1 brewery; however, while planning these trips breweries simply do not show up on the map to select and therefore do not appear as a stop on the itinerary.

This hinders turn-by-turn directions and causes planning issues. I've flown by breweries I've never been to because I do not receive a notice.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. add all the app categories to the website (gravel)

There are a lot more categories on the app than on the site. E.g. there is no gravelbike option on the side. This is quite annoying as I prefer planning routes on the website.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Include a search function in Planned Tours in iOS

Create and include a search function to be able to search through my planned tours list when accessing it from Komoot mobile app on Apple devices.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Google Fit integration

Please add Google fit and/or strava integration I to the app

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)