English | Deutsch

Ideas

Do you have suggestions to help us make komoot even better? Please use the search to check whether your idea has already been posted. You can then vote for it!

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Support for the new garmin fenix 5 plus

Hi,
    I see that the komodo garmin app does not work (yet) with the new fenix 5 plus.
    I am sure that it is temporary, but would like to be sure that it will be supported in the future.
    It seems to me this is the same platform as the fenix 5 (already supported), so I hope the support for fenix 5 plus will be added very soon.
    Thx

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello

thanks a lot for your idea!

We are planning on supporting new Garmin devices in the future, once we have successfully tested they work well with our app. The devices that should fit the requirements are:

- Forerunner 645
    - Forerunner 645 Music
    - Descent MK1
    - Edge 520 plus
    - Fenix 5 plus
    - Fenix 5 X plus
    - Fenix 5 S plus

All of the currently supported devices are listed on our App Store Page (https://apps.garmin.com/en-US/apps/d918ae1e-9e7b-4fdf-b336-46141a0ccd6a).

Unfortunately, some Garmin devices don’t fulfill the technical requirements needed to download komoot routes to the device (e.g.: Vivoactive 3/HR, Fenix 3). If this should change, we will let you know!

In the meantime, you can of course download your komoot Tours as GPX files via our website and transfer them to your device that way. Read this article to find out how: http://help.komoot.de/knowledgebase/articles/486300-gpx-export-and-upload

Best regards
    Daniela

2. Add voice feedback during a tour

Alongside the turn by turn directions, it'd be really useful to have configurable voice feedback to give distance travelled, average speed, sector speed etc.
    Configurable so users could choose as many or few of these that they want in the same way as mapmywalk allows.

45 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Saving Places.

On many pages of your website, there are options for "saved places". For instance, What to display on a map, has an option for Saved Places. When planning a route, Saved Places appears and when I click on it says "You haven't saved anything yet" There doesn't seem to be any way to save a place so how to I add to that list, like my home, or popular cafe stops. Very frustrating. This was suggested in 2016 and apparently no action has been taken on this very useful feature.

37 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Bigger zoom, maps are too small for trails.

Off road paths and trails on a bike, where many junctions come together at once, a bridge, a corner, a u bend, all with a GPS direction arrow the size of 500 square meters in real life, komoot sends me in the wrong direction, so many times , it's literally impossible to figure out which way to go.. I need to take out the phone, change app, then go back to komoot when I'm fairly sure I'm back on track.. Komoot needs to be able to zoom in way way more... Two hours today along the canals in London, wanted…

40 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Using bike trails for commuting?

Whatever option I choose for route planning komoot does not use the trails amd opts for streets. This request is for Collin County Texas area. These bike trails are not new and available for use for years now. Ideally I should have an option to maximize the use of trails as opposed to streets.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Printing Maps to Scale

Currently, I can print the whole tour (the scale is too large to be useful on my 330km tour, I cannot see any details) or a separate map for each Direction (but I have 162 directions and this is by far an overkill).

Suggestion: make it possible for the user to select the printing size (e.g., A4) along with the map scale (e.g., 1:25000, or visually). Let the use know how many sheets this will produce, number the sheets in order along the route, optionally print the directions at eh bottom of each sheet but only those visible on the…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Display all planned tours on one map

For those who ride with their bicycle it would be an asset to see an overview on one map instead of having to check every tour separately. Choosing the next tour would be much easier.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Problem importing gpx

Hi,
    I have a problem importing gpx files, both online and via the app.
    I get an error message saying ‘Could not import file. A server error occured...’
    Please help!
    Thanks a lot, yours sincerely,
    Jan de Ruiter

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. It would be really good to have a reverse route switch as well as the plan similiar route that's already there.

It would be really good to have a reverse route switch as well as the plan similiar route that's already there.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Making Komoot compatible with the Garmin Vivoactive 3

Hi guys

It would be fantastic if you could make Komoot compatible with the Garmin Vivoactive 3. It already works on other Garmin wearables and the Vivoactive is a very capable device.

Any plans in that direction? I understand that this device is not as high-end as the fenix series but hardware-wise, there is nothing holding Komoot or Garmin back to support this. Or am I mistaken?

Would love to see this coming soon.

41 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Avoid STAIRS option to simplify route creation

Given the limited zoom on the app, it's quite difficult and time consuming to create running routes that avoids STAIRS even using my stylus on my Samsung Galaxy Note8. Stair avoidance (filtering) would be extremely useful for places like Central Park in NYC, where all stairs are clearly marked on maps. This option would help everyone, runners, cyclists, including people with disabilities who cannot use stairs. Please, add this functionality to simplify and expedite custom route creations. Thanks!

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Reverse direction to track back was suggested over a year ago

Loving your work thx!
    Reverse direction to track back was suggested over a year ago. When will it be an option?
    I.e. C planned your, option to complete it in reverse is offered. Start either saved direction or reverse... Auto deter for any one way segments. Cheers

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add ability to make comments for a certain portion of or location on a trail (ie: Danger, don't use this track!)

As the outdoors are constantly changing, it would be good to add two features that help improve the safety of Komooters on trails:

1 - Allow for making journal/diary comments on a trail portion and/or at an approx location. These comments should then come up during the planning stage of another Komoot user planning to take the same route. For example, "Trail incorrectly marked as a path and instead requires mountaineering equipment" or "Trail is washed out and thus not recommended".

2 - Using anonymized route data of other Komoot users, create a new map layer to indicate how recently…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Heads up navigation option in keeping with most auto devices as opposed to North up.

With the limited screen display area on many Smartphones navigating a route could be made much easier if there was an app setting of 'heads up' or, in other words, the map automatically rotates so that the followed route is always displayed in the South to North orientation. This is the standard setting in almost all automobile navigation devices and makes following a route so much easier.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Gravel

add an option to exclude several road surface types from the route.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Crazy Taxi mode

Very often I do the same trip (meaning same departure and destination points) and of course Komoot plans the same route everytime.
    I thought it would be fantastic if there was an option in which Komoot would display an arrow pointing to the destination (a là Crazy Taxi, for lack of a better discription), therefore keeping me on the general direction but allowing me to choose whatever variant I wished in a spontaneous way. This would add to the adventure of an otherwise routine journey.
    Would this be possible?
    Thanks, love the app!

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. "Highlight" visible only for a tour

User should be able to create point or segment with text and photos but it will be visible only in context of a tour. This is very useful to describe the route, e.g. "here you should see a tree and turn right after it" or "be aware that there is avalanche risk here"

647 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Tag planned routes in order to organise life

It would be great if I'm able to organise planned rides. At this moment it's one big stream of rides, but it would be nice if they can be categorized in self made up categories.
    Next it woud be nice if you can choose whether or not a planned route/ride is synced to Wahoo or not.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add GPS location info

Add GPS location info in case of emergency and your in middle of nowhere or unsure of area
    This would be very useful for the emergency services

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow for display options

While using the app, 4 displays are at the top of the screen - average speed, current speed, time in motion, & distance traveled. I would love to see these as options; for example, click or long press on one of these boxes to bring up a menu to choose other items such as current elevation, time since track started, max speed, etc. Average speed means nothing to me where current elevation would. Other users would have other preferences. These are items already being measured and should be easily incorporated.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 26 27
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base