English | Deutsch

Ideas

Do you have suggestions to help us make komoot even better? Please use the search to check whether your idea has already been posted. You can then vote for it!

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. GPX tracks viewing on smart watch (Gear S3)

Can you please create functionality for smart watch (Samsung Gear S3) that will allow me to see imported .gpx track on map together with my position so I can use it to follow the track without the need to pull out my phone every now and then? It doesn't have to be stand alone feature as I have my phone all the time with me anyway.

276 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello everyone

thanks a lot for this interesting idea!

We’ll see what we can do to implement it. Should there be any plans here, we’ll post a respective update.

Please mind that we are unable to give you exact dates here. If you have entered the idea or voted vor it, you’ll be informed via mail as soon as we have updated the status here.

Best regards
    Daniela

2. Implement a privacy zone system

Good afternoon.

Komoot smart tour system will only consider public completed tours, but most of my tours start and end at my home, home of my parents, working place,... and therefore they are kept private.

If you could implement a way to define some privacy zones like an area around a defined point, this could automatically make private the beginning and end of the tour which is found inside the area, keeping the rest of the tour public. With this function, more users would make public their tours and Komoot would have more data for its smart tour function.

It…

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Import GPX and plan exactly the same route without mapping to Komoot's database

I have a lot of interesting routes from websites, but every time I import and plan this route (via GPX) Komoot is always trying to map it against his own database. This creates a lot of overhead by rerouting all deviations to the original GPX route.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow users to make their own regions

Even though your app is sold worldwide and advertise downloading maps for offline use there are large areas of the world with no regions. Users who visit or live in an area with no regions cannot download maps for offline use. They can download the maps associated with a particular route but later if they want to go anywhere else they have to go online and pay for data to get the map. Unless you are prepared to apply regions to the whole world, something which your developers should find easy enough, I suggest you allow users to select any…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. simply continue the last ongoing recording instead of pausing after a crash or involuntary restart

Komoot crashes a lot, perhaps the app is getting too big for my Samsung S4, which however works well for all other apps.
    Luckily komoot usually restarts and remembers the ongoing recording. But that recording is paused, so if the restart happens while the phone is in your pocket or in the background while another app is open, the user doesn't notice the restart and the rest of the tour is not recorded.

At least a loud sound/vibration notification should alert the user that the tour is now paused when komoot restarts after a crash.

It would be better if…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Address of Waypoint A?

Dear Komoot team,

Is there any way I can find the address of Waypoint A (= startpoint)?
    I'm using the app on an Iphone (works great!)

When a route is planned I can see all the Waypoints. Near Waypoint A I see 'Get Directions' which opens an app to guide me to that point.
    But is there an easy way I can get an address of that point (or an address in the environment) which I can enter in my car gps?

This would help me a lot to go to that starting point ;-)

Thanks for the great app…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow gpx files to import with less alterations.

When I import a GPX fileit is altered to conform to roads and paths that are known by the application. If it doesn't know a path maps a different route. Paths and trails are in the real world, but there is no way I've found to force a route - even through the gpx import. Makes the app unusable or hard to use for me - if it did that better I would love it!

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. It would be great for those in the US to have topo maps with feet contour lines instead of meters

Please include topo maps with with contour lines labeled in feet instead of meters for those users whose settings are configured for English instead of metric units.

Thanks!

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Garmin connect sync automatically

Can you please make it possible to sync garmin data to komoot automatically.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Temporarily switch on the screen when following a tour by tapping the screen

Hi,

Komoot has a feature that blanks the screen while following a route on a bike. It comes on when a turn is coming up. This is very good.

Is there a way I can tell the app to turn on the screen when it is blank? My phone is mounted on the bike an I would require a quick way to get it on again. The phone buttons are not easily accessible when it is mounted on the bike so a screen tap would be ideal.

Thanks

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. standalone komoot app for samsung gear s3 frontier

make a standalone komoot app for the samsung gear s3 frontier, to track you hikes and view map without the need of your phone. Frontier already comes with gps and 4g lte

48 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Garmin Fenix Support planned?

Hi,

I regulary use komoot for biking trips. But using the smartphone wasn't always the nicest way.
    Garmin now has an interesting watch, the Garmin Fenix
    https://buy.garmin.com/de-DE/DE/p/560327

Is komoot planing to support Garmin Watches in some way?

Thank you so much,
    best
    Stephan

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add the ability to plan a tour without internet connection is maps are downloaded

If a map is available offline a function to plan a tour would allow on the fly routes to be generated.

Even though there may be certain limitations compared to having an internet connection it is an improvement

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Choose language when sharing tours.

When sharing a tour via the komoot app, even though I have the app set to English it shares to Facebook via komoot.de instead of komoot.com. It's not very helpful for me to share tours in German when everyone I know speaks English.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow map language to be changed

From my limited knowledge of OSM, many features on there have captions in both the primary (local) language, plus translations into other languages (the Name field is usually the local language one and the Multilingual Name give translated options. It seems like you may use these Multilingual Names for searches, but it would be really useful to be able to select the language that shows up on the map in Komoot. My use case is as an English language speaker living in Japan and trying to plan routes here.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Portuguese

Please do a portuguese language available!! tks..

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Create multi-day tour (like collection)

Hi Team,

I love Komoot, I used it recently to plan a muli-days trip around Bavaria.
    I was wondering how I can share such tour in Komoot, much like you do with collection like https://www.komoot.com/collection/250/3-days-bike-crossing-in-the-black-forest

The only option I had is to do like https://www.komoot.com/tour/18592532 so using 1/3, 2/3, etc but then the experience for the user is less cool. I would love to be able to share my full tour as a single entity and also provide more description to it: e.g hotel, cool thing to do around, etc.

Do I need to become an Ambassador for that?
    If…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Pause does not work

When it pauses the tour seems that the time of the route continues counting, and it does not stop until the stop definitively

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Main roads

Dear,

while planning a round trip for Roadbike, I see that many roads that are used are the bigger ones:
    http://users.skynet.be/fa001685/Steenwe1.jpg

and not the nicer - no traffic roads:
    https://www.mozaiekreizen.nl/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/3-Praag-Wenen-Onderweg-kleur.jpg

Also, would it be difficult, to include an option to generate a roundtrip when distance and type of sport is given?

many thanks, Johan

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Create ipad app

Hi there, I have a desktop Mac but I mainly use my iPad and iPhone as I'm often not at home- any works in the pipeline for an iPad app? I really like the iPhone one but basically one that was the same but could be used both landscape and portrait on iPads would be great for planning routes as of course there's more screen space.

Cheers!

Josh, London

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base