English | Deutsch

Ideas

Do you have suggestions to help us make komoot even better? Please use the search to check whether your idea has already been posted. You can then vote for it!

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. "Highlight" visible only for a tour

User should be able to create point or segment with text and photos but it will be visible only in context of a tour. This is very useful to describe the route, e.g. "here you should see a tree and turn right after it" or "be aware that there is avalanche risk here"

612 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Making Komoot compatible with the Garmin Vivoactive 3

Hi guys

It would be fantastic if you could make Komoot compatible with the Garmin Vivoactive 3. It already works on other Garmin wearables and the Vivoactive is a very capable device.

Any plans in that direction? I understand that this device is not as high-end as the fenix series but hardware-wise, there is nothing holding Komoot or Garmin back to support this. Or am I mistaken?

Would love to see this coming soon.

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Heads up navigation option in keeping with most auto devices as opposed to North up.

With the limited screen display area on many Smartphones navigating a route could be made much easier if there was an app setting of 'heads up' or, in other words, the map automatically rotates so that the followed route is always displayed in the South to North orientation. This is the standard setting in almost all automobile navigation devices and makes following a route so much easier.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add an “avoid gravel road” tick box for road bike plans

I love the app and I recommend to all my road cycling friends. But...

It happened to me a couple of times that I had to improvise a re-planning on-the-go because of roadworks or bad weather.

And every time I ended up facing gravel roads or off-road paths, that cannot be ridden with a road bike (let alone walk them with the keo grip cleats and the bike on your shoulder). So I had to second guess every Komoot navigation suggestion and improvise a lot.

It would be very handy to have an option to exclude entirely gravel roads (or…

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Display all planned tours on one map

For those who ride with their bicycle it would be an asset to see an overview on one map instead of having to check every tour separately. Choosing the next tour would be much easier.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Make tagging friends on joint tours possible even if they recorded the tour by themselves

Make it possible that when tagging friends on tours, it just shows you made the tour together and one can choose to either show a friends tour on his profile, or just be shown as a tour companion in case he also recorded the same tour by himself. As it is now, when I record my tour and my friend who rides the tour with me records the same tour by himself and tags me, I either have to accept only his invitation and delete my recording, in which case I cannot even add my photos to the tour, or…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add custom cues to route

I would like to add custom cues to my routes. With RideWithGPS you can add custom cues which are shown on my Wahoo ELEMNT during the ride. For example when I plan a route which will pass near a fastfood restaurant, I would like to add a cue like 'Fastfood!', which shows on the screen when I am within 1000m from that cue.

Now I have to export my route and add extra cues in RWGPS. Don't like the extra work. :-)

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Mark forbidden roads

There are a lot of roads forbidden for cycling, but they are suggested. Most of the times these are walking paths in national parks.

It would be useful if I can mark such paths as forbidden for cycling. So routing does not include these paths, or you show at least a warning on the map.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Black theme mode for iPhone X‘s OLED display ‘ saves battery ‘

Having an option to have a completely black theme would be an excellent way to save battery on the iPhone X, OLED displays physically turn off the pixels when app’s have backgrounds/bars and large parts of the map.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Mini map on Profile - Planned page

Hi It would be really great if a minimap displayed on the

Profile -> Planned page

Regards
    Craig

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Cycling route planning

When planning a road cycling trip it always brings you back the same way you came. Can route automation not be added that creates loops based on distance input by the user?

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Ability to change pace units in preferences.

It would be great to be able to configure default units of measurement per sport. E.g. the accepted standard unit of pace for cycling would be km/hr, but for running it would be minutes/km.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Problem importing gpx

Hi,
    I have a problem importing gpx files, both online and via the app.
    I get an error message saying ‘Could not import file. A server error occured...’
    Please help!
    Thanks a lot, yours sincerely,
    Jan de Ruiter

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Bigger zoom, maps are too small for trails.

Off road paths and trails on a bike, where many junctions come together at once, a bridge, a corner, a u bend, all with a GPS direction arrow the size of 500 square meters in real life, komoot sends me in the wrong direction, so many times , it's literally impossible to figure out which way to go.. I need to take out the phone, change app, then go back to komoot when I'm fairly sure I'm back on track.. Komoot needs to be able to zoom in way way more... Two hours today along the canals in London, wanted…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Louder voice navigation

Hi,
    Could you please increase voice volume, or even better let user choice volume on the app. I cycle with music, but if I keep music low then I can't hear the voice navigation.
    Google maps are louder and they have it at the right level.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Ahhhh notices on Apple watch

Navigation interrupted with notices on Apple Watch. Unable to navigate. When navigating with Apple Watch, you get a ‘notice’ asking you to open the app on your phone. Even if you already have the app open. Closing the app and reopening doesn’t seem to dismiss th notice. With this notice, you cannot see the navigation on your watch. I paid the £20 for all maps and I can’t use Komoot as I don’t mount my iPhone to my bike handlebars. I navigate exclusively with my watch which now doesn’t work. I’ve even tried deleting and re-downloading the app on iPhone…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Apple Watch notice, please remove

Navigation interrupted with notices on Apple Watch. Unable to navigate. When navigating with Apple Watch, you get a ‘notice’ asking you to open the app on your phone. Even if you already have the app open. Closing the app and reopening doesn’t seem to dismiss th notice. With this notice, you cannot see the navigation on your watch. I paid the £20 for all maps and I can’t use Komoot as I don’t mount my iPhone to my bike handlebars. I navigate exclusively with my watch which now doesn’t work. I’ve even tried deleting and re-downloading the app on iPhone…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Remove the ‘Notice’ on Apple Watch during navigation.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Adjustable elevation profile when navigating

Hi, I have been looking for a long time for an app that could show me an elevation profile for the upcoming few kilometers when cycling along a gpx track, and I was very happy to find that Komoot offers this functionality. By ticking the elevation profile in the upper part of the screen during navigation, a profile of the next five kms appears.
    Is there an option to change the scale of this profile, so that it doesn't show five kms but ten? Depending on the region and the size of the hills/mountains I'm climbing, a different scale could…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Enable friends tagged on a tour to upload pictures

We often go hiking and biking with friends who also use komoot. Most of the time each recorded their own tour and uploaded their own photos. It would be great if one could upload photos to a tour tour one was tagged on and accepted.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 22 23
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base