English | Deutsch

Ideas

Do you have suggestions to help us make komoot even better? Please use the search to check whether your idea has already been posted. You can then vote for it!

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Saving Places.

On many pages of your website, there are options for "saved places". For instance, What to display on a map, has an option for Saved Places. When planning a route, Saved Places appears and when I click on it says "You haven't saved anything yet" There doesn't seem to be any way to save a place so how to I add to that list, like my home, or popular cafe stops. Very frustrating. This was suggested in 2016 and apparently no action has been taken on this very useful feature.

133 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add voice feedback during a tour

Alongside the turn by turn directions, it'd be really useful to have configurable voice feedback to give distance travelled, average speed, sector speed etc.
    Configurable so users could choose as many or few of these that they want in the same way as mapmywalk allows.

72 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Bigger zoom, maps are too small for trails.

Off road paths and trails on a bike, where many junctions come together at once, a bridge, a corner, a u bend, all with a GPS direction arrow the size of 500 square meters in real life, komoot sends me in the wrong direction, so many times , it's literally impossible to figure out which way to go.. I need to take out the phone, change app, then go back to komoot when I'm fairly sure I'm back on track.. Komoot needs to be able to zoom in way way more... Two hours today along the canals in London, wanted…

51 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Road Planner - Select waytipes and surfaces to avoid, plus max % inclination

Dear Komoot,
    first of all I want to thank you all for the great product you offer to us! I love Komoot and I use it a lot to explore the areas.

I have read throught the ideas and found there already are similar ones, but I also read the comments and found they don't fit with my idea of planning a route.

As you replied here (http://help.komoot.de/forums/213895-ideas/suggestions/6283272-prefered-road-type-asphalt-paved-unpaved-compa), selecting the type of ride already sets the preferred waytipe and surface, but sometimes I still find that this could be improved. And yes, I am perfectly aware it is…

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Additional sport types

Could you add Canoeing and also Kayaking as sport types ?

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Implement a Privacy Zone

Have a Privacy Zone setting, similar to the one used on Strava, so that my Home address can't be identified when my Komoot routes or rides are configured as Public.
    Without this feature I have to keep my routes or rides from home Private, or start and finish my rides away from the house, or edit the start and finish of existing routes I import into Komoot.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Save trips while navigating

At Km 197 of a 200km trip I was navigating with Komoot my Phone was empty and stopped. When I charged the phone the whole trip was gone!
    Would it be possible to save the trip automatically while navigating?
    For example once every 10 minutes (like most apps actually do..)

Many thanks, Bram

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Reduce screen brightness and save battery

Komoot forced highest brightness and my phone died from 80% after a 2 hour ride.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Wrong language

Even if my phone is in French , when I start a tour, English language is used.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. It would be really good to have a reverse route switch as well as the plan similiar route that's already there.

It would be really good to have a reverse route switch as well as the plan similiar route that's already there.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Using bike trails for commuting?

Whatever option I choose for route planning komoot does not use the trails amd opts for streets. This request is for Collin County Texas area. These bike trails are not new and available for use for years now. Ideally I should have an option to maximize the use of trails as opposed to streets.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add ability to display any selected trails simultaneously.

Example: A have a 3 day circular trail. Currently I can only display them one at a time. It would be useful to see all 3 trails simultaneously in the map area while only one of them is "active". The "active" trail would be the one for which the elevation profile and other data is given (as it is now). It would be a matter of providing a tick box against all Tours, whether Planned or Completed. Those ticked would be displayed on the map, but only the selected ("active") one would have all of the of the data displayed…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. KOMOOT SUPPORT

It would be a good idea if Komoot support would have the decency to respond to support questions, like so many other things on komoot that does not work, e.g save address location. Ride with GPS is by far a superior product. The planed tour on Komoot is difficult to see or distinguish from streams which is the same colour, because the option to zoom in or out does not exist on the route you are riding. I paid for the full package money down the drain am afraid, i stick with ride with GPS

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Tag planned routes in order to organise life

It would be great if I'm able to organise planned rides. At this moment it's one big stream of rides, but it would be nice if they can be categorized in self made up categories.
    Next it woud be nice if you can choose whether or not a planned route/ride is synced to Wahoo or not.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Turn by turn navigation always on displays on Samsung Galaxy S7 S8 or S9

To save battery I would like a large size navigation assists on always on displays. Also speed distance ext would be nice.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Google Fit integration

Please add Google fit and/or strava integration I to the app

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Please add Canada as a downloadable region!

You have many users in Canada and your source maps are definitely available in Canada, so why is it not available?

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. add a +5km button..

As most route planners do, komoot gives the 'shortest' route from point A to B based on the preferred road type. A lot of cyclists are not looking for the fastest way from A to B but rather the most interesting one.
    A +5km or +10km button would allow for more deviation in the route and might lead to more interesting routes as there are more possible routes towards point B to choose from.

Let's say I want to go visit someone 20km from home but would like to make it a 40km ride. Now I have to add waypoints…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Printing Maps to Scale

Currently, I can print the whole tour (the scale is too large to be useful on my 330km tour, I cannot see any details) or a separate map for each Direction (but I have 162 directions and this is by far an overkill).

Suggestion: make it possible for the user to select the printing size (e.g., A4) along with the map scale (e.g., 1:25000, or visually). Let the use know how many sheets this will produce, number the sheets in order along the route, optionally print the directions at eh bottom of each sheet but only those visible on the…

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow print to include photos

I know I can print my tours to show the map and the elevation profile but is there a way to print all of the tour, i.e. including the photos? This would be particularly useful if the photos were also cross referenced to where on the map they were taken
    Perhaps it's already possible: am I missing something?
    Kind regards

Peter Martin

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 32 33
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base