English | Deutsch

Ideas

Do you have suggestions to help us make komoot even better? Please use the search to check whether your idea has already been posted. You can then vote for it!

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. GPX tracks viewing on smart watch (Gear S3)

Can you please create functionality for smart watch (Samsung Gear S3) that will allow me to see imported .gpx track on map together with my position so I can use it to follow the track without the need to pull out my phone every now and then? It doesn't have to be stand alone feature as I have my phone all the time with me anyway.

140 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello everyone

thanks a lot for this interesting idea!

We’ll see what we can do to implement it. Should there be any plans here, we’ll post a respective update.

Please mind that we are unable to give you exact dates here. If you have entered the idea or voted vor it, you’ll be informed via mail as soon as we have updated the status here.

Best regards
    Daniela

2. standalone komoot app for samsung gear s3 frontier

make a standalone komoot app for the samsung gear s3 frontier, to track you hikes and view map without the need of your phone. Frontier already comes with gps and 4g lte

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. support for more map zoom and different maps

you cant really zoom in enough on the maps to follow a trail, this is especially difficult if there a few trails close to where you are. Anyway to allow more zoom on the maps?

Plus maybe add more maps to the app like ocm or osm maps?

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Emergency - Send current location

Now the telephone network coverage data is almost optimal in many parts of the globe.
    In emergency case, it would be very useful to have a "safety button" to send a message with the current location. (...and would be useful send also the trck.gpx file)

For example: GPS coordinate (email/whatsapp/...)
    and "URL link" for "easy location" on the map (Komoot/Google/What3words/others)

I understand that is not the main purpose of application, but I think also that will be a big plus.

:-)

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. does notification work on phone?

when you have the navigation set to notification mode does it notify you on the phone when a turn is coming up (ie- phone vibrates when 50 feet from turn) or is this feature only useful with a smartwatch?

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. display altituted using phones built in alt/baro meter

many phones have altimeters and barometers installed. It would be great if you can show altitude in real time using a phones built in alt/baro meter

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Better integration with Gear S3

App is great but Gear S3 is limited. Should have one screen with key data.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Develop Komoot watch face for Gear S3

Develop watch face for Gear S3 with key metrics: speed/pace, Aug speed/pace, distance, time, split time of day, HR, altitude, etc. You can have a watch face always on with the Gear S3. Data could sill come from Android app. Stand alone app would be even better but a watch face would be awesome.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add a settings toggle to switch off the Congratulations Boxes crowding the dashboard for every new Expert and Pioneer region

Please add a toggle checkbox in the settings to switch off the Congratulations Boxes crowding the dashboard for every new Expert and Pioneer region.
    While it’s a nice surprise when one pops up, sometimes several come at once. Some followers said It can be hard to see if there were any actual new tours on the dashboard … ;-) In the App it only takes one line per notification, that’s more manageable.
    Also, it seems that followers don't get a notification about a new tour that initially was set to 'private' and switched to 'public the next day, if in…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Fix a problem that photos get lost when uploading in browser

I take most photos with a higher quality camera, but when uploading on a browser (I tried Firefox an Chrome) komoot looses about a third of the photos, and sometimes uploads others twice. I even tried to upload in blocks of 4 photos, and even with reduced-size images. It seems to work OK when uploading additional photos to a highlight, but when adding the same photos to the tour album 1/2 or 1/3rd are skipped.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Having the map of tours on the tours page

Hi again :)
    I would love to have the same map from the dashboard page on the tours page.
    Why?
    On the dashboard map, I see all my planed and completed tours.
    On the tours page a map on the right could show only the tours using the same filter as the selection for the list (all tours, planned or completed tours as well as sport type). It would be easier to find some tours that we did or planned without having to try randomly to click on them on the dashboard.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello

thanks a lot for this interesting idea!

We’ll see what we can do to implement it. Should there be any plans here, we’ll post a respective update.

Please mind that we are unable to give you exact dates here. If you have entered the idea or voted vor it, you’ll be informed via mail as soon as we have updated the status here.

Best regards
    Daniela

12. Cross country skiing/skitouring support

Show some love for the skiing community by adding support for cross country skiing and ski touring. I don't believe I'd use the navigation function much (except when the local cross country tracks would be included) but as a gps and/or fitness tracker, komoot would be amazing.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Let me switch to km

Hi,

I can't find the settings to change to km instead of miles etc

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Personal highlights on map (map)

It woul dbe very useful to have personal highligts shown on the ma like it happens for the web version instead of only classic and not always updated waypoints.

Thanks!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Show only personal highlights on map

it would be good to have the possibility to ake the following when I push the star in the right menu:
    1) show all higlight (red star)
    2) show only my higlhlight (blue star)
    3) unshow

Thanks

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. tour date format

It would be better to have date format in European not the current US (or maybe to chose for it like we do it for unit in the settings).
    Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Extra contrast mode in map (handlebar phone mount and sunlight)

I go mountainbiking and I have an handlebar phone mount.
    Under sunlight, even with phone maximum brightness, legibility of the map is worst than on Runtastic MTB.

If you are in a single-track is essential to not be distracted to follow the trail.
    I suggest an option to enable an extra contrast mode with more visible planned track.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Change Tour Date of Tour already present (before 2015)

it would be great if we could change also date for tours already uploaded (before the 2015 gps fix). Thanks

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Photo position based on time and date

When I upload a GPX and then the photos/pictures taken with my camera, photos are not positioned (they don't have any information related to GPS). But photos have date and time and it would be really useful to position photos using its date and time with GPX trace.

Thanks

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base