English | Deutsch

Ideas

Do you have suggestions to help us make komoot even better? Please use the search to check whether your idea has already been posted. You can then vote for it!

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Saving Places.

On many pages of your website, there are options for "saved places". For instance, What to display on a map, has an option for Saved Places. When planning a route, Saved Places appears and when I click on it says "You haven't saved anything yet" There doesn't seem to be any way to save a place so how to I add to that list, like my home, or popular cafe stops. Very frustrating. This was suggested in 2016 and apparently no action has been taken on this very useful feature.

171 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Fix bug - some units are showing as metric when they should be imperial

The Units option in my profile settings is set to 'Miles' but the summary line for Tours shows the information as metric rather than imperial. However, the rest of the tour information is shown as imperial (e.g. Tour Overview and Elevation Profile). This bug has only started happening recently, previously all the information was shown as imperial.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Implement a Privacy Zone

Have a Privacy Zone setting, similar to the one used on Strava, so that my Home address can't be identified when my Komoot routes or rides are configured as Public.
    Without this feature I have to keep my routes or rides from home Private, or start and finish my rides away from the house, or edit the start and finish of existing routes I import into Komoot.

35 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add voice feedback during a tour

Alongside the turn by turn directions, it'd be really useful to have configurable voice feedback to give distance travelled, average speed, sector speed etc.
    Configurable so users could choose as many or few of these that they want in the same way as mapmywalk allows.

72 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. I cannot download and install komoot for samsung s3 gear.

Hi. I cannot download and install komoot for samsung s3 gear. Could you help me?
    Thks.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Support for Samsung Galaxy Watch

Hi,
    I can't install the Tizen companion app on my Samsung Galaxy Watch (error message: impossibile installare l'app = Impossible to install the app). Is it a known issue or is it my smartwatch?
    Best Regards

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Bigger zoom, maps are too small for trails.

Off road paths and trails on a bike, where many junctions come together at once, a bridge, a corner, a u bend, all with a GPS direction arrow the size of 500 square meters in real life, komoot sends me in the wrong direction, so many times , it's literally impossible to figure out which way to go.. I need to take out the phone, change app, then go back to komoot when I'm fairly sure I'm back on track.. Komoot needs to be able to zoom in way way more... Two hours today along the canals in London, wanted…

57 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Set a privacy zone.

It would be great if you could place a privacy zone around your home. This is one of the great features of both Garmin connect and Strava. On garmin connect you can actually toggle the size of the radius on the map so anyone viewing will only see the start and finish on the edge of the set zone and not where you live.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Joining segments

Is there any way to join tours? when I plan a route I like to plan it in segments and not necessarily in the order of the route - this enables me to back-plan from a tricky navigational segment and plan the approach accordingly.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Original track no longer visible after importing GPX

Importing a GPX track to plan a route, I notice two changes as of September:

1: When reviewing the route, pressing M hides the planned route, but the original track is no longer visible as a red line
    2: Instead of a limited number of waypoints (a few tens) depending on the complexity of the route, I know get hudreds of waypoints, making it nearly impossible to alter/correct the route as desired

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Waymarked Trails

Please consider overlaying on the map the Waymarked trails. This would be a nice addition for everyone that hikes in Europe.

Example here: https://hiking.waymarkedtrails.org/#?map=13!46.5643!12.2043

GPSies.com also included this layer in their website.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Fix Auto-pause problem.

I am using a Huawei P10 Lite with Android 8. I love Komoot but recently it has been unusable because it randomly auto-pauses while hiking and then doesn't restart. Very frustrating when you have been for a 4 hour hike and find it stopped about 500 metres from where you started! The phone seems to be operating ok because Google Fit manages to track the entire route.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Road Planner - Select waytipes and surfaces to avoid, plus max % inclination

Dear Komoot,
    first of all I want to thank you all for the great product you offer to us! I love Komoot and I use it a lot to explore the areas.

I have read throught the ideas and found there already are similar ones, but I also read the comments and found they don't fit with my idea of planning a route.

As you replied here (http://help.komoot.de/forums/213895-ideas/suggestions/6283272-prefered-road-type-asphalt-paved-unpaved-compa), selecting the type of ride already sets the preferred waytipe and surface, but sometimes I still find that this could be improved. And yes, I am perfectly aware it is…

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Additional sport types

Could you add Canoeing and also Kayaking as sport types ?

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Garmin Instinct support

Since the new Garmin Instinct doesn't have Connect IQ support, how could I import-export routes from-to Komoot?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Move the "..." button, it's to close to the compass button

I can never click the right button when biking. I always end up clicking the "..." button or the map instead of the compass button - which I'm using multiply times a day. Having to stop just to close the dialog box and press the compass button.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Komoot volledig in het Nederlands..... Ook gesproken taal

Komoot volledig in het Nederlands.... Ook spraak

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. let me get copies of my own photos from the site.

How can I get copies of photos I have taken that are on the site and put them in my photo gallery on my computer?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Children's routes

Can we please have an option for a route to be calculated that is child friendly? Something that favours bike paths and tracks over other factors such as distance and total elevation gain?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Will you support bosch NYON ? Thanks

Nice compatibility with Yamaha, bosch Neón will be ready.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 34 35
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base