English | Deutsch

Ideas

Do you have suggestions to help us make komoot even better? Please use the search to check whether your idea has already been posted. You can then vote for it!

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Saving Places.

On many pages of your website, there are options for "saved places". For instance, What to display on a map, has an option for Saved Places. When planning a route, Saved Places appears and when I click on it says "You haven't saved anything yet" There doesn't seem to be any way to save a place so how to I add to that list, like my home, or popular cafe stops. Very frustrating. This was suggested in 2016 and apparently no action has been taken on this very useful feature.

209 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Why have you removed the "sort by" option when displaying planned tours?

Why have you removed the option to sort by duration, distance, elevation etc. when viewing tours?

Without the ability to sort them as you want, this feature is now almost useless!

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add voice feedback during a tour

Alongside the turn by turn directions, it'd be really useful to have configurable voice feedback to give distance travelled, average speed, sector speed etc.
    Configurable so users could choose as many or few of these that they want in the same way as mapmywalk allows.

73 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Implement a Privacy Zone

Have a Privacy Zone setting, similar to the one used on Strava, so that my Home address can't be identified when my Komoot routes or rides are configured as Public.
    Without this feature I have to keep my routes or rides from home Private, or start and finish my rides away from the house, or edit the start and finish of existing routes I import into Komoot.

38 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Since last update I can't sort the routes by name. This is very inconvenient.

Please let the user sort the routes by name, both on pc and on Phone. If there is a large amount of routes this is much more convenient.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Why have you removed the "sort by" option when displaying planned tours?

It used to be possible to sort planned tours by distance, duration etc. This options seems to have been REMOVED!!

Why?

This was incredibly useful. What the hell Komoot!!!!???

Please fix this imediately!

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Bigger zoom, maps are too small for trails.

Off road paths and trails on a bike, where many junctions come together at once, a bridge, a corner, a u bend, all with a GPS direction arrow the size of 500 square meters in real life, komoot sends me in the wrong direction, so many times , it's literally impossible to figure out which way to go.. I need to take out the phone, change app, then go back to komoot when I'm fairly sure I'm back on track.. Komoot needs to be able to zoom in way way more... Two hours today along the canals in London, wanted…

63 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Link to Strava

Hi there
    You’ve had an outstanding idea for over 2 years now - please tell me what’s stopping you from linking through to strava?
    Thank you
    Angus

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Recently deleted tours

I’ve accidentally deleted one of my tours due to syncing issues. Similar to the “recently deleted” options on iOS, it would be great to have this for our Komoot tours as well.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. "Highlight" visible only for a tour

User should be able to create point or segment with text and photos but it will be visible only in context of a tour. This is very useful to describe the route, e.g. "here you should see a tree and turn right after it" or "be aware that there is avalanche risk here"

700 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Relive

Hi guys,

I know your Komoot can link with Strava app. But can you guys make it link with Relive app. It would be nice to be able to link it and then see our route in 3D!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Komoot volledig in het Nederlands..... Ook gesproken taal

Komoot volledig in het Nederlands.... Ook spraak

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Shows distance from current location

This is a bug not an idea, but I can’t find a place to report bugs!

When planning a route, the summary describes distance from current location, rather than distance along the planned route. See screenshot for example.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. It would be really good to have a reverse route switch as well as the plan similiar route that's already there.

It would be really good to have a reverse route switch as well as the plan similiar route that's already there.

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Approach alarm at way-points

Approach alarm at way-points, with alarms approaching 10 km-100m. This to be used for special way-points in long routes(i.e. Restaurant for coffee break)

Used for 200 km rides with 3 stops.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. To add a Google Streetview pop-up.

Hi all, Before I discovered Komoot, I used another bike nav app, which allowed me to discover the route by a deepscreen Google Earth. I used this to check points on the route.
    Including looking for restaurants along the route.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. being able to start navigation without recording

Hi,
    I would love a feature or option that let us choose to just navigate using komoot, because sometimes we just want to go from A to B, and the komoot interface is quite heavy for that : we must finish and cancel a tour.

Are you planning to add this option?

Regards

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I use the bike touring option quite often when I'm planning a route so that I'm using quieter roads, but sometimes this includes singletrack

I use the bike touring option quite often when I'm planning a route so that I'm using quieter roads, but sometimes this includes singletrack and unpaved sections which aren't suitable for the bike that I'm riding. I know it is possible to click on the options on the left to highlight these sections and re-plan them, but it would be a nice feature if there was a tick box next to each waytype / surface so that they could be deselected and the route is automatically recalculated.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add custom cues to route

I would like to add custom cues to my routes. With RideWithGPS you can add custom cues which are shown on my Wahoo ELEMNT during the ride. For example when I plan a route which will pass near a fastfood restaurant, I would like to add a cue like 'Fastfood!', which shows on the screen when I am within 1000m from that cue.

Now I have to export my route and add extra cues in RWGPS. Don't like the extra work. :-)

59 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. be able to track the progress of a route from another device for safety

To be able to share your route, as you can do with Garmin, Strava etc so that your family can see where you are for safety reasons

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 37 38
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base