English | Deutsch

Ideas

Do you have suggestions to help us make komoot even better? Please use the search to check whether your idea has already been posted. You can then vote for it!

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. "Highlight" visible only for a tour

User should be able to create point or segment with text and photos but it will be visible only in context of a tour. This is very useful to describe the route, e.g. "here you should see a tree and turn right after it" or "be aware that there is avalanche risk here"

276 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Actual activity time option on mobile app

When I'm on holiday, I'm mobile and for planning / reviewing old hikes, I would also like to see the actual activity time. Moving time alone is not enough! While Komoot is an advanced planning tool, this simple feature on mobile is a must have! Please make this available in the same way as it is on the website. (including video recap and other places where timing comes up)

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Save and search

Have the ability to search and save other people's rides and use them on GPS computers with turn by turn direction

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Take hill steepness into account when determining route

We rode our bikes through Europe for 3-weeks, guided by Komoot. At times the Komoot path would take us off nice cycle-ways with moderate climbs to put us on a more direct but much steeper path toward our end-point. In one case we saved perhaps a mile in exchange for a painful hill climb followed by a decent. We would have happily rode the extra mile on the cycle-way instead of taking this more direct route. Toward the end of our 3-weeks I would spend time on each komoot route looking at the hill profile, identifying on the map where…

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Plan Categories: Bike, Bike (gravel), Road Bike differences

I'm not sure of what are the differences between these 3 since my expectations are bike will be restricted to road and bike gravel will be a combination of both road and mountain. So what is road bike for then?

Mountain bike is self-explanatory so it's fine.

I tested playing with the 3 set to a destination and all gave me the same path, the only differences are the waytype and surfaces.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Prevent road bike planner from using main roads

Whenever I select Road Bike tour I'm always directed over A roads for the vastest majority of the route. While I don't want to be led off road on my road bike, I also don't fancy using very trafficked roads with extremely fast moving cars and lorries, but rather the smaller, asphalted lanes.

Please please please could you make selecting welcome/unwelcome road type (as well as surface types!) an option? I think a lot about of cyclists would find the planner tool immensely more powerful that way!

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Some problem......

Some problem in slovenia.. Planed way to motorway... after Ljubljana The way to highway.....(???) i got The police penalty 65 euro....
    I not be able to trust in komoot

Tamás. Sipos

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Road surface analysis

It appears that the road surface analysis, while helpful, could be enhanced by including it as a color coded part of the route. I want to know where on the route it is paved and where it is unpaved.

Cheers!

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Display all tours for a given user on a map

Currently only the starting point is displayed but it will be great if the track (and photos) is displayed too

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add folders to planned/completed tours

Hello. Can you addfolders to stone planned/completed tours. Now if I have many tours, somtimeses is hard to find tour who i want.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Route editing option

It would be ideal to Have an option for setting minimum/maximum grade. For example check out amarpai.com ! You can select a maximum grade and so it will create an alternate route that may be longer, but within the boundaries of steepness that one prefers!

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Show steep slopes/climbs

It will be especially useful when planning a tour - to show the % of the slopes on elevation profile so you can expect how difficult will be the climb (avalanche danger can be taken into account, too)
    You can try to integrate with other services, e.g. http://www.ibpindex.com

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Ant+ Live Integration on Mobile App

I currently use my mobile and komoot for directions and mount it out front and a Garmin watch for logging all the data. It would be great to see the ant+ sensors live data on the komoot app screen. I.e. speed, candence, heart rate, temp etc...

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. GPX tracks viewing on smart watch (Gear S3)

Can you please create functionality for smart watch (Samsung Gear S3) that will allow me to see imported .gpx track on map together with my position so I can use it to follow the track without the need to pull out my phone every now and then? It doesn't have to be stand alone feature as I have my phone all the time with me anyway.

349 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello everyone

thanks a lot for this interesting idea!

We’ll see what we can do to implement it. Should there be any plans here, we’ll post a respective update.

Please mind that we are unable to give you exact dates here. If you have entered the idea or voted vor it, you’ll be informed via mail as soon as we have updated the status here.

Best regards
    Daniela

16. Upload planned routes

If not already available, it would be nice to upload a planned route, just in case you get hurt or lost. Then others will know where to start looking for you.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Display altitude of the highlight, peak, etc. when creating a tour

It will be nice if user can see the altitude information when viewing highlight

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Scooter / kick bike

Hello komoot,

Is it possible to add scooting to your list of sports.

Regards
    Andy

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I appreciate Digital Doris is needed but......

Can she pipe down when I am riding on the selected route without navigating off it? I listen to podcasts and its annoying. Or, should I just switch her off?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)